We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

1 hour ago, wjag said:

All true. But all I know was that the game was not over until that last first down.  It should have never been that close and yet it was.  And everyone in WNY was holding their collective breaths.  Every time you felt like Buffalo would add some point distance something happened in the game that allowed Miami to keep it close.  And when you factor in a 3rd string QB and a massive point spread, it added to the anxiety and perception. 

I can tell you, I was never scared in that game. 

It went exactly like I wanted it to.

Same as New England the week earlier.

Those teams brought aggressiveness offensively out of the Bills and pushed our secondary.

McDermott couldn’t just kneel down. 

The Bills had to make plays on both side of the ball.

Those games went exactly like I wanted. 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The journey is the reward.   Spot on that the worst part of losing in the playoffs isn't not winning the SB it's the season ending.

I will say this though.........because of the 6-8 day buildup between games we do get the opportunity to enjoy the lead up to the matchups.  

In MLB.......the playoffs hit and after 8 months of lead up and 162 regular season games your postseason can begin during the workweek and be over before the weekend.   It's disproportionately abrupt compared to the NFL.

Ya, I mean pre-McBeane I always new week 17 was the end and it was easy since there was nothing on the line. Born in 90 I remember the end of the Kelly era up until now so this success is still new to me and I'm getting used to it. I started with the Jauron and Gailey post games on the Bills site and haven't stopped since. Now there's just so much media to consume and I love it. Pat McAfee, Kyle Brandt's basement, the Bills social media and everything else will all start to dwindle soon and I'll miss it until next year. 

The closer we get to Sunday the more freaked out I'm becoming about the possibility of not being able to watch this team play again until September.

I have confidence that they will come out ready to play, but I'm also not ready to have this season end.  I know that's the same issue we deal with with every season they make the playoffs, but this is a special team no matter how it ends.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Bills Fan in MD said:

The closer we get to Sunday the more freaked out I'm becoming about the possibility of not being able to watch this team play again until September.

I have confidence that they will come out ready to play, but I'm also not ready to have this season end.  I know that's the same issue we deal with with every season they make the playoffs, but this is a special team no matter how it ends.

Every fan of their team has this mind set. You're not the only one. Get a grip. Relax. Take a nap. Take a shower. Every team faces this possibility this weekend.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Besides the Houston playoff game, Allen has always be in the zone when it comes to big games

I have confidence he will be locked in 

I thought he was good in that game. Mainly stupid fumbles and turnovers toward the end. 

Honestly, you could argue Defense blew it that game just as easily as 13 seconds.

Edited by RichRiderBills
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo Ballin said:

Every fan of their team has this mind set. You're not the only one. Get a grip. Relax. Take a nap. Take a shower. Every team faces this possibility this weekend.

It's a little different feeling because our two biggest competitors have enjoyed greater postseason success recently than the Bills. Bills have the pressure on them to advance to the Super Bowl. The Bengals and Chiefs have combined to do that three consecutive seasons. If the Bills and Jax lose this weekend that streak will extend to 4 and the Bills will be snuffed out again.

If you're a fan of the Bengals or Chiefs of course you want them to win. But if not, oh well, we've achieved greater success and will be back next year. But as a Bills fan, it feels like they HAVE TO WIN. 

And Jax is a year ahead of schedule. They are one of those 'Just happy to be here" teams. Where the Bengals were last year.

6 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

It's a little different feeling because our two biggest competitors have enjoyed greater postseason success recently than the Bills. Bills have the pressure on them to advance to the Super Bowl. The Bengals and Chiefs have combined to do that three consecutive seasons. If the Bills and Jax lose this weekend that streak will extend to 4 and the Bills will be snuffed out again.

If you're a fan of the Bengals or Chiefs of course you want them to win. But if not, oh well, we've achieved greater success and will be back next year. But as a Bills fan, it feels like they HAVE TO WIN. 

And Jax is a year ahead of schedule. They are one of those 'Just happy to be here" teams. Where the Bengals were last year.

Every elite team wants to go to the Super Bowl. We're not the only ones. Recommendation: Relax. Get some pizza. Get some Buffalo wings. Get some drinks. Enjoy the game.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Every elite team wants to go to the Super Bowl. We're not the only ones. Recommendation: Relax. Get some pizza. Get some Buffalo wings. Get some drinks. Enjoy the game.

I'm talking about the fans perspective. Their fans can fall back on recent super bowl appearances. Bills fans have nothing. If the Bills fail to make the AFCCG this year then that is two years in a row after making it in 2020. 

8 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

According to PFF (Playoff snaps only)

LT - Jackson Carman - 49.6

LG - Cordell Volson - 52.3

C - Ted Karras - 69.3

RG - Max Scharping - 42.0

RT - Hakeem Adeniji - 41.2

Bills 

LT - Dion Dawkins - 70.5

LG - Rodger Saffold - 64.7

C - Mitch Morse - 61.0

RG - Ryan Bates - 69.8

RT - Spencer Brown - 69.0

Is that from this years playoffs?  brown received a 69 grade???  ROFL 

23 minutes ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

I'm talking about the fans perspective. Their fans can fall back on recent super bowl appearances. Bills fans have nothing. If the Bills fail to make the AFCCG this year then that is two years in a row after making it in 2020. 

It's out of our control. I wouldn't worry about it.

We actually have a lot:

4 Super Bowl appearances.

4 time AFC Champions.

We currently have 14-3 record which is 1st in AFC East.

We own the New England Patriots and Miami Dolphins for the last 3 years. We're 6-1 vs. New England in 2020s. We're 9-1 vs. Miami within the last 10 match ups.

We currently have Pro Bowl Josh Allen (SUPERSTAR Josh Allen when he's locked in and on fire), All Pro Superstar Stefon Diggs, Playoff Gabe Davis, All Pro Matt Milano, All Pro Jordan Poyer, and Pro Bowler Tre White.

Cleveland Browns have nothing but QB busts.

Cincinnati Bengals have no Super Bowl rings and 3 starting offensive linemen out for this Sunday's playoff game.

Arizona Cardinals last NFL Championship win was in 1947 before anyone on this forum was born.

Buffalo Bills fans have a lot.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

It's out of our control. I wouldn't worry about it.

We actually have a lot:

4 Super Bowl appearances.

4 time AFC Champions.

We currently have 14-3 record which is 1st in AFC East.

We own the New England Patriots and Miami Dolphins for the last 3 years. We're 6-1 vs. New England in 2020s. We're 9-1 vs. Miami within the last 10 match ups.

We currently have Pro Bowl Josh Allen (SUPERSTAR Josh Allen when he's locked in and on fire), All Pro Superstar Stefon Diggs, Playoff Gabe Davis, All Pro Matt Milano, All Pro Jordan Poyer, and Pro Bowler Tre White.

Cleveland Browns have nothing but QB busts.

Cincinnati Bengals have no Super Bowl rings and 3 starting offensive linemen out for this Sunday's playoff game.

Arizona Cardinals last NFL Championship win was in 1947 before anyone on this forum was born.

Buffalo Bills fans have a lot.

This!

And we have Josh Allen.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Besides the Houston playoff game, Allen has always be in the zone when it comes to big games

I have confidence he will be locked in 

Allen played well in that Houston game. He was young and the team was inexperienced. They got jobbed by poor officiating. Josh outplayed the rapist. 

• Like (+1) 3