Bills Radio PBP Announcer John Murphy suffered a stroke last weekend

Big Turk

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Obviously we don't know the extent of his stroke, but my dad had a stroke 10 years ago and you'd never know it. It all depends on the side affects suffered when the stroke happened, with the worst being similar to dick Clark after he had his. Hopefully murphs long term side affects are slim to none 

The fact that he's home and not in the hospital or a rehab facility is a very good sign.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Blah Blah said:

Sorry to hear this. Get well soon John. Wonder how Kim P. is doing?

Agree. Very puzzling how nothing has been said about Kim P. since she disappeared about 6 months ago, and no one in the Buffalo media seems to care to ask about her. 

Best wishes for a full recovery. 

While not necessarily as immediately life threatening as happened to Damar, it’s pretty darn serious of itself.

Strokes are tricky things, and it might actually take him longer to recover from it than Damar’s recovery could take.

Get well soon.

I had a stroke bck in 2014.  Have talked about mine before. and was getting symptoms. Depends on size of clot, what part of the brain, and how fast it is noticed and treated. Had very, very high bp bit thought I was ok. Was at a party and people were asking me if I was ok.  An old girlfriend called me (hadn't seen her for about 3 years. Talked to me for 3 hours and convinced me to go to the hospital. Took a day, but I finally did. The next morning they were scanning my brain and I hear "CODE STROKE" over the hospital PA. Asked the orderly what was that and he said " It's for you". Puked and the next clear memory I had was 3 days later.  Basically I had a str\oke at the best place to have one- while they were scanning my brain. Never had  speech problems, but had some memory problems. Couldn't remember some names and had to search for words.  Physically had to use a walker for a few months and then a cane for about 6 and didn't drive for a year. Also ended up with very. very slight weakness on my left side (harder to pick up heavier items with that side. 

But within a year, you couldn't tell that I had one.

1 hour ago, Wacka said:

I had a stroke bck in 2014.  Have talked about mine before. and was getting symptoms. Depends on size of clot, what part of the brain, and how fast it is noticed and treated. Had very, very high bp bit thought I was ok. Was at a party and people were asking me if I was ok.  An old girlfriend called me (hadn't seen her for about 3 years. Talked to me for 3 hours and convinced me to go to the hospital. Took a day, but I finally did. The next morning they were scanning my brain and I hear "CODE STROKE" over the hospital PA. Asked the orderly what was that and he said " It's for you". Puked and the next clear memory I had was 3 days later.  Basically I had a str\oke at the best place to have one- while they were scanning my brain. Never had  speech problems, but had some memory problems. Couldn't remember some names and had to search for words.  Physically had to use a walker for a few months and then a cane for about 6 and didn't drive for a year. Also ended up with very. very slight weakness on my left side (harder to pick up heavier items with that side. 

But within a year, you couldn't tell that I had one.

Had my stroke 31 years ago.  Mine was due to a ruptured brain aneurysm.  Lost motor control of left side never lost sense of  touch.  Played softball 6 months later after rehabbing.  Never had any issues with memory or language.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.