Bills Radio PBP Announcer John Murphy suffered a stroke last weekend

Big Turk

12 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

Brownie (Chris Brown)

I heard his play by play call after the fact and didn't know what I was listening to. I thought, wow that's a familiar voice. This play by play sounds fantastic. It's not the Bills game for sure though... Wait, that's Brownie..  this is the Bills game!  Anyway, I hope Murph makes a quick, full recovery and is able to live a long happy life with his family and as Western NY royalty. I'm looking forward to hearing more of Chris Brown's play by play though

10 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

This^^^^^

Yeah this.  It’s called prayers.  If you didn’t look at the last census, 93% of Americans still identify themselves as some form of Christianity.  If you don’t believe in prayer or God, that’s your business and no one is saying you shouldn’t subscribe to whatever you believe.  With that said,  if there are people who believe in some higher power, that’s their business and those who do, are able to pray to whomever they wish.

Since I’ve read about Murph, I’ve said a prayer for him each day just as I’ve prayed for the Hamlin family and the trainers and coaches who were called on to respond to Hamlin.

• Like (+1) 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sad news,

Lots of positive thoughts to JM and his family,

• 4 months later...

It’s worth a bump for this topic.  We had conversation today about Kim Pegula and Damar Hamlin and their medical issues.  To my knowledge, nothing was said about John Murphy, an all-time great guy.  

The fact that Murph (apparently) wasn’t at the event speaks for itself.  I have no issue with concern, and prayers, and worry for Kim P. and Hamlin.  It is warranted, and appropriate, and reflects sentiments that I share.  Let’s just not forget about another member of the Bills family who seems to be enduring his own struggle right now.  Prayers up for Murph, and I hope we catch him somewhere in the stadium this fall.  

• Like (+1) 10

On 1/7/2023 at 6:46 AM, machine gun kelly said:

Yeah this.  It’s called prayers.  If you didn’t look at the last census, 93% of Americans still identify themselves as some form of Christianity.  If you don’t believe in prayer or God, that’s your business and no one is saying you shouldn’t subscribe to whatever you believe.  With that said,  if there are people who believe in some higher power, that’s their business and those who do, are able to pray to whomever they wish.

Since I’ve read about Murph, I’ve said a prayer for him each day just as I’ve prayed for the Hamlin family and the trainers and coaches who were called on to respond to Hamlin.

Well said. I do not believe in "GOD". I went to Catholic school, church my whole life with my parents way back but decided for myself it was a story and cash grabbing culture.

That said, I have a Buddah. So amazing in my life. I speak to him a lot. When climbing steep, crazy, janky rooty/rocky hills on my MTB bike I ask for his help with strength and mental perseverance. He always comes through.

So, here's to Murph and a speedy recovery. My Buddah will be thinking of you today!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 1/7/2023 at 5:46 AM, machine gun kelly said:

You do realize that “This^^^^^^^” is a way of highlighting your post (This with symbolic arrows pointing up), not of mocking it, right?

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Dillenger4 said:

Well said. I do not believe in "GOD". I went to Catholic school, church my whole life with my parents way back but decided for myself it was a story and cash grabbing culture.

That said, I have a Buddah. So amazing in my life. I speak to him a lot. When climbing steep, crazy, janky rooty/rocky hills on my MTB bike I ask for his help with strength and mental perseverance. He always comes through.

So, here's to Murph and a speedy recovery. My Buddah will be thinking of you today!

Bud, acceptance amongst any faith is paramount so I’m glad you’ve found yours.  I forgot about this message, but let’s pray or do whatever so Damar and Murph are healthy and fully functioning and thriving.

For me, it’s God bless them, but for you something else but no worries.  What we can agree is these two men are healthy and loved with their loved ones.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, SectionC3 said:

It’s worth a bump for this topic.  We had conversation today about Kim Pegula and Damar Hamlin and their medical issues.  To my knowledge, nothing was said about John Murphy, an all-time great guy.  

The fact that Murph (apparently) wasn’t at the event speaks for itself.  I have no issue with concern, and prayers, and worry for Kim P. and Hamlin.  It is warranted, and appropriate, and reflects sentiments that I share.  Let’s just not forget about another member of the Bills family who seems to be enduring his own struggle right now.  Prayers up for Murph, and I hope we catch him somewhere in the stadium this fall.  

I have wondered about Murph, as well as Kim. The other person I worry about is Yolo. I know SDS said he was ok, but it is weird that still nothing has been posted by him in almost six months now.

Edited by chongli
  • Agree 1

Glad someone bumped this topic.  I have said I’m not a fan of Murph’s play-by-play but there is no question he is a member of the Bills family and deserves our support.  I’m not a “prayers” guy but I wish him all the best and was sorry to hear he was not at today’s event.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, eball said:

Glad someone bumped this topic.  I have said I’m not a fan of Murph’s play-by-play but there is no question he is a member of the Bills family and deserves our support.  I’m not a “prayers” guy but I wish him all the best and was sorry to hear he was not at today’s event.

He’s an all-time great guy.  His (apparent) absence today was conspicuous.  He one of “us,” and he should not be forgotten. 

• Like (+1) 1

I've thought of Murphy fairly often. It's weird to me that there has been zero information given by anyone about him. Same with Kim until Jessie pretty much laid everything out. Get well Murph. And Kim. Today had to be such a weird day for Terry and family. Such emotion at the ground breaking chilled by the absence of those two. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.