Updated scenario for scheduling to be voted on Friday

The 9 Isles

BUF - Needed to win vs CIN and NE and get #1 seed no matter what. Loss to CIN and NE game would only impact 2 vs 3 seed. 

CIN - Needed to beat BUF and BAL; And needed KC to lose for the #1 seed. Loss to BUF would have made the BAL game a play for the division game. 

KC - Needed CIN or NE to beat Bills and win vs LAV. 

I say Bills were impacted most with no benefit at all. KC benefits most as now a win with no help hands them the #1. CIN loses shot at #1 but also now the BAL game means much less and has no chance at ending up at the #6 seed. 

Assuming KC wins:

Bills win they are most likely playing MIA. Slight chance of PIT, JAX or NE.

Bills lose they are most likely playing BAL. If BAL beats CIN then Bills play NE. MIA is out if Bills lose.

Best case if we don't want to play MIA - Bills win and Jets beat MIA. Bills play PIT and MIA is out. 

Next best - Bills and CIN both lose and Bills play NE and MIA is out. Or CIN wins and we play BAL. 

I am putting Pittsburgh out because I think it's too much to ask for them to beat Cleveland. While Flacco beats Miami. Browns, despite their record, have beaten some very good teams this year. 

Ultimately, I think Miami gets in because Flacco and an unmotivated Jets team will likely lay an egg. If it were Mike White, I would say differently. 

Edited by Billsfanatic8989

5 minutes ago, ngbills said:

BUF - Needed to win vs CIN and NE and get #1 seed no matter what. Loss to CIN and NE game would only impact 2 vs 3 seed. 

CIN - Needed to beat BUF and BAL; And needed KC to lose for the #1 seed. Loss to BUF would have made the BAL game a play for the division game. 

I say Bills were impacted most with no benefit at all. KC benefits most as now a win with no help hands them the #1. CIN loses shot at #1 but also now the BAL game means much less and has no chance at ending up at the #6 seed. 

Assuming KC wins:

Bills lose they are most likely playing BAL. If BAL beats CIN then Bills play NE. MIA is out if Bills lose.

Best case if we don't want to play MIA - Bills win and Jets beat MIA. Bills play PIT and MIA is out. 

Next best - Bills and CIN both lose and Bills play NE and MIA is out. Or CIN wins and we play BAL. 

I wouldn't mind facing Baltimore over Miami in round 1.

Problem is a potential AFC title game would be at Arrowhead if we both get that far. Assuming KC beat Vegas and NE beat us. 

1 hour ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Home, Away, or Neutral site - the Bills now have the whole nation’s support. 

Not to sound like @Airseven or @NUT, but that will last only for this week. Once the country sees how Hamlin is progressing, fans in other cities will resume rooting against Buffalo. Cue the Nick Wright Josh Allen is bad video next Tuesday. 

• Agree 2

Looks like the Bengals and their fans are quite upset over this.   I do think the Bengals are getting the raw end of the deal to a degree but I also think its just happenstance, there was no perfectly fair way to handle this.   They think the NFL hates their organization and their "small market" and favors the love childs of Buffalo and KC...you know the "big markets".  Who wants to tell them Buffalo is a smaller market and Cincinatti?  

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-It-s-no-longer-conspiracy-Bengals-organization-themselves-feel-disrespected-by-NFL

Some highlights

Fantastic. I didn't think anyone would have the courage to speak out. First Blackburn, then Mixon, now Zac. Someone should detail the many points of how this is unfair, but Zac's comment was succinct and to the point and "let's just follow the rules."

Mike must have zero friends among fellow owners to effectuate change in favor of the organization. Bengals get butchered when it comes to this sort of manner.

NFL wants the 2 love child’s, KC and Buffalo, to play for the AFC championship. That’s why they screwed the Bengals.

If Buffalo doesn't forfeit the game we are now enemies. Cincinnati saved your players life ffs

I think this is a simple truth. It's all about the storyline, the $$$, and the such. Even Joey B's talent and being a cool ass dude can't overcome small-town Cincinnati, historically bad franchise Bengals, and the Brown-stigma for getting the NFL's attention.

They will never do this. When Hamlin went down the Bills' staff and players expected us to act honorably and help them, but now the dust has settle and getting the best seed they can get is their biggest goal. There's a good chance these two teams face each other in the divisional round, probably at Buffalo. I can't wait to see how the Bills' owner and staff will proceed, there will be a lot of talk about playing that game in a neutral stadium. If they really care about us and what the Bengals organization did to them then they should show some respect and dignity and forfeit the home field advantage. Life is not supposed to be fair anyway... the good guys, the ones trying to help people end up getting screwed sometimes.

I'll demand we hand the Lombardi back if Joe Burrow isn't on the mic singing 'WHO DEY think gunna beat them Bengals? Noooooootttttt the NFL!'

The disgusting message the NFL just gave was: Your team is playing another team who has a player paralyzed and is fighting for his life, insist on finishing the game. If the team with the injured player doesn't want to play, demand a forfeit. I was no big fan of Tagliabue, but Goodell is an ass of epic proportions!

Edited by Matt_In_NH
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Lionel Hutz said:

I still think a better option is just to flip a coin to decide the Bills vs. Bengals game. Think it would be a fair outcome since the game was probably gonna be close. Then you don't have to worry about neutral sites and flipping for other games. 

Plus, I'm willing to bet the Bills have better odds of winning a coin flip than the the Raiders upsetting the Chiefs. 

Crazier things have happened.  Las Vegas could win.  But, I agree there is a better chance of winning a coin flip than the Raiders winning.  Division games can always be interesting and I wish Carr was playing.

The nice thing is no matter what we don't have to go to Arrowhead.  Even though we have had recent success there, it is huge homefield advantage and tough place to play.

2 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

I am putting Pittsburgh out because I think it's too much to ask for them to beat Cleveland. While Flacco beats Miami. Browns, despite their record, have beaten some very good teams this year. 

Ultimately, I think Miami gets in because Flacco and an unmotivated Jets team will likely lay an egg. If it were Mike White, I would say differently. 

I think Pittsburgh wins that game.  They can and have still played some good football this year.  If their D is healthy they can be disruptive.  They are used to big games, the Browns are still the Browns and Watson isn't playing well nor is his team.

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

Not to sound like @Airseven or @NUT, but that will last only for this week. Once the country sees how Hamlin is progressing, fans in other cities will resume rooting against Buffalo. Cue the Nick Wright Josh Allen is bad video next Tuesday. 

While I think this is true, there are also a lot of casual/neutral fans who are going to adopt the Bills for this playoff run.

• Like (+1) 1

This isn't a popular opinion but the Bills, due to what happened to Hamlin, weren't able to continue the game Tuesday or Wednesday (understandable) and should have forfeited the game.

Doing so would save all of this nonsense and whining about what's fair, %, home games and all that crap. The only team that would be affected by what happened would be the Bills, as it should be.

Plus we'd still be the #1 seed after the Raiders beat the Chefs (it will happen) and the Ravens beat the Bengals. (hopefully)

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, ngbills said:

Why would the Bills not want to play Miami?  Do you think Tua will be back next week and effective?

3 hours ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

It's too bad Taylor responded the way he did!

Its not. He absolutely has a gripe to pick. Cinci can have a gripe, at same time have shown us some empathy, and not blame buff allllllll at the same time. Which he did, and im not going to let any of it hurt my feelings. They arent mutually exclusive actions

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Why would the Bills not want to play Miami?  Do you think Tua will be back next week and effective?

I think Tua would probably play in a postseason game. 

If it's Bridgewater, he is still capable of getting the ball down field.

They have two receivers that can take the top off any D. NE has zero of those guys. 

4 minutes ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

I think Tua would probably play in a postseason game. 

If it's Bridgewater, he is still capable of getting the ball down field.

They have two receivers that can take the top off any D. NE has zero of those guys. 

But NE has a much better defense from both a coaching and player consideration.  In a mid January playoff game in Buffalo that will be a much more important fact.

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

But NE has a much better defense from both a coaching and player consideration.  In a mid January playoff game in Buffalo that will be a much more important fact.

Coaching hasn't really helped them since a certain QB left. It's obvious he masked many of their issues.

If it comes down to it, I don't want to face Waddle & Hill while our star CB is still coming off injury. 

8 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Only way NE even has a shot is if there is 60 MPH winds. NE has no offense to speak of, and Josh has no problems with their defense when the weather is relatively normal. 

• Disagree 1

4 hours ago, ngbills said:

Assuming KC wins:

I think it is at least likely, if not probable, that Miami loses to the Jets.  Who is playing QB for the Dolphins?  The Jets D will handle them.  13 - 3 Jets.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.