Daniel Jones receives standing ovation from Giants fans

Beck Water

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

I dont think anyone ever had him labeled as a young Antinio Brown, but a guy who can get open in short space, with his height, and hands, is a redzone target any team would love to have!

Apparently the bills didn’t love him enough to keep him on the active roster lol

It’s no different than when Robert Foster was producing for us… or zay jones was our 1 … or Donald jones started for us

Somebody in the NFL needs to get the ball… Realistically in two years he will probably be a number 4-5 guy 

Most teams have back end guys With that talent level

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

For him, yes, it's a hot iron. 

As for outside interest, the draft is weak and who is the top available QB?  Carr?  Someone taking another chance on oft-injured Jimmy G?

You'd think every QB would know it's all about the team.  I thought Josh would take far below market thinking the same thing, but guess what?  He didn't?  They all have obligations to their families, agents, etc. to maximize what they can get when they can get it.  And if they look at him as a bridge QB and draft someone in 2023, that will probably make him want to look elsewhere. 

That's because it is plainly evident that Josh is the leader of this team and a big reason they succeed.  What's Josh at currently percentage of offense threw him. Vs percentage of salary cap he earns.  I think Josh has a lower cap percentage as he's not earning over 50% of Bills yearly cap. I am pretty sure Josh is responsible for over 50% of the offenses scores.

Edited by AuntieEm

1 minute ago, AuntieEm said:

Again he knows he can succeed under daboll.  He isn't gonna generate alot 9f offers in FA.  Incentive contract with Giants if he gambles and loses to a talented rookie in next few years, he may still improve his offers and his viability to other teams if the competition is back and forth.  If he ends up being the newest version of tyrof Taylor, he might be ok with that type of career.  Plenty of qbs past and present be ok with a Taylor career.

No starting QB early in their career, much less one with some success, looks at Tyrod and says "yeah, that's the kind of career I'd like to have." 

1 minute ago, AuntieEm said:

That's because it is plainly evident that Josh is the leader of this team and a big reason they succeed.

Yeah but it's still a team game.  The more he gets the less available to surround him with OL and pass catchers.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

For him, yes, it's a hot iron. 

As for outside interest, the draft is weak and who is the top available QB?  Carr?  Someone taking another chance on oft-injured Jimmy G?

You'd think every QB would know it's all about the team.  I thought Josh would take far below market thinking the same thing, but guess what?  He didn't?  They all have obligations to their families, agents, etc. to maximize what they can get when they can get it.  And if they look at him as a bridge QB and draft someone in 2023, that will probably make him want to look elsewhere. 

I'd take a short contract on Carr before dumping a ton of money on Jones.  He stinks.

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

No starting QB early in their career, much less one with some success, looks at Tyrod and says "yeah, that's the kind of career I'd like to have." 

Yeah but it's still a team game.  The more he gets the less available to surround him with OL and pass catchers.

That's what he is though.  No changing that if this is his "best" year

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'd take a short contract on Carr before dumping a ton of money on Jones.  He stinks.

You think he views himself that way?  I'm saying he probably sees himself as a bonafide starter on the rise, whether right or wrong.  Meaning he'd look to maximize his contract.  The question is if someone will give it to him.

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

And while Daniel Jones the rookie came into the NFL sure he could play in the big league.  He has had a chance to see he isn't this world class top qb worthy of a huge contract.  For all I know he can't wait to clean out his locker after the season and retires.  Not all players want to keep playing and I'm really glad Josh is so in love with playing football.   As soon as he stops enjoying it will likely be the start of his skills declining because I  think it's his joy that gets him going as well as getting the team behind him.

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

You think he views himself that way?  I'm saying he probably sees  himself as a bonafide starter on the rise, whether right or wrong.  Meaning he'd look to maximize his contract.  The question is if someone will give it to him.

Does not matter what he views himself as.  He could believe he's the new Tom Brady but when he sees what offers he's generating it will be his deciding what's best for him going forward.  It may not even involve playing football going forward.   

23 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I'd take a short contract on Carr before dumping a ton of money on Jones.  He stinks.

Why? Carr has made 1 playoff game in 9 years and lost. Plus he would probably cost more than Jones will.

Jones finally has a coach he might be able to have some success with and is preparing for a playoff game. Give the kid a chance and give him some tools to work with other than Barkley.

4 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Does not matter what he views himself as.  He could believe he's the new Tom Brady but when he sees what offers he's generating it will be his deciding what's best for him going forward.  It may not even involve playing football going forward.   

Yup which is why it would be in his best interest to test the market.

29 minutes ago, Doc said:

That's why it's easy to work with Josh's cap  in future.  Being a legit HIM FQB he will earn plenty on all the side endorsements his play attracts.  As he leads the Bills team to success in the SB and being that Josh is Josh heschonna becswamped with endorsements and he won't be worried about taking less to help team sign good players.

3 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'm happy for Daboll and the Giants since I have a lot of friends and family who are big time fans.

Goes to show what great coaching can do for what was believed to be one of the worst rosters in the NFL heading into the season.

Also can't believe that we chose to let Hodgins go to keep a guy like McKenzie on this roster. He's probably going to be a star next year while 'Lil Dirty' will be out of the league and lucky to be on a practice squad somewhere.

McKenzie is not that bad.  He can make plays when called upon in a limited capacity.  Lets hope he steps up tonite and in the playoffs.  As for not keeping Hodgins on the roster over Kumerow, I agree that was a terrible move.  Hodgins has good hands, and looks to have some game.  Not keeping Hodgins on the 53 man roster coming out of training camp was a head scratcher.

15 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yup which is why it would be in his best interest to test the market.

No one ever said he wouldn't see what he gets offered.  Heck only players who should not get to see any offers are the bonafide elite players.  At the moment there are quite a number of young QBs that can be eligible for the guaranteed 2nd contract at fqb rates.  It gets tricky when you cannot be sure if it's the qbs talent or the coaching and team around them thats the catalyst for the teams success.  

I'm saying yes he will get paid but I suspect it will be more likely a incentive team friendly deal because certainly to this point I'd gamble more on. Dabolls ability to develop an offense  around teams talent  over Jones thriving in any system based on his body of work thus far since HD was drafted.

4 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

I'm sure that this won't be the popular opinion, but I think that Schoen and Daboll are going to approach this the same way that the Bills did with Tyrod Taylor in 2017.  They supported him all season, made the playoffs and generated all kinds of goodwill for the team and fanbase

But they'll likely be one and done in the playoffs and whatever team they play (likely SF) will expose Jones for the limited, mediocre QB that the NYG know that he is

Then, they'll trade him in the offseason, and build up the capital to draft one of the prized rookies

But they're not giving Daniel Jones a big new contract, or paying his 5th year option.  That goes against everything that they're working toward in the next few years

He'll be a free agent, how will they trade him?

2 hours ago, Doc said:

You think he views himself that way?  I'm saying he probably sees himself as a bonafide starter on the rise, whether right or wrong.  Meaning he'd look to maximize his contract.  The question is if someone will give it to him.

no one cares how he views himself.   he won't get franchise QB money

11 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

I'm sure that this won't be the popular opinion, but I think that Schoen and Daboll are going to approach this the same way that the Bills did with Tyrod Taylor in 2017.  They supported him all season, made the playoffs and generated all kinds of goodwill for the team and fanbase

But they'll likely be one and done in the playoffs and whatever team they play (likely SF) will expose Jones for the limited, mediocre QB that the NYG know that he is

Then, they'll trade him in the offseason, and build up the capital to draft one of the prized rookies

But they're not giving Daniel Jones a big new contract, or paying his 5th year option.  That goes against everything that they're working toward in the next few years

Disagree. But it's possible.

Tyrod was not on an upward trend. Jones is.

Last year, I hated Dabollocks, as I glossed him.  But credit where credit is due, Brian Daboll coached the ***** out of the Giants, and got them to the playoffs with a very ho-hum roster, DJ at QB, and one All Pro in Saquon Barkley.  Dude is a witch, and would be my choice for NFL Coach of the Year.  Chapeau.  🎩

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

no one cares how he views himself.   he won't get franchise QB money

Yea only the players that are viewed by the coaches and team gms as franchise QBs are offered those deals and even then not all those assessments are correct or something happens that derails that players potential. 

Trent Edwards looked like the game was slowing down for him when he suffered some concussions that made him capt checkdown and then capt checked out.   This injury may just have many players reassess if they want to keep playing.  Maybe they need to test new types of protective gear that can absorb some of the force from these impacts.  Might need some of those fully padded sumo suits.  And the mark Kelso kazoo helmet.  

10 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Daboll is the one that deserves the ovation

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Last year, I hated Dabollocks, as I glossed him.  But credit where credit is due, Brian Daboll coached the ***** out of the Giants, and got them to the playoffs with a very ho-hum roster, DJ at QB, and one All Pro in Saquon Barkley.  Dude is a witch, and would be my choice for NFL Coach of the Year.  Chapeau.  🎩

I still say the Giants' success was based upon Gettleman bringing an 'iron fist' to the dining hall.  No more extra biscuits for Kelvin and types like him. 🤨

• Haha (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

He’s dollar store Josh Allen. He’s been solid with not a lot of help but I think he’s a pretty meh guy that ultimately doesn’t really get you anywhere. Maybe keep him for a year or 2 but they would be fools to think he is a franchise guy. 

I've said for a couple of years that he's a poor man's Josh Allen but I also think he has the ability to be a top 15 QB. He has a pretty good arm, good size, and puts up rushing stats similar to Allen -- 705 yards this year with 7 TDs. You could do a lot worse.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.