Just realized this, nice Bills AFC stat

dollars 2 donuts

When the Bills beat the Bengals they will finish the year having beat every single AFC team they played this year, given they came back to avenge their only two losses.

I’ll stretch it further given the above, if they win the next two they will have also beaten every single AFC team they played the last time they faced them this year ( @GunnerBill thanks for the catch, GB).

Sorry, thought it was neat.

Go Bills!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

But there would be AFC teams we haven't played this year where our last meeting was a loss... Colts and Jaguars being the two that jump out. 

Would be cool if it was literally the whole AFC who we had won our most recent game against. 

i said this year.

….and now I want the jags in the playoffs!

😂

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

16 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

i said this year.

….and now I want the jags in the playoffs!

😂

The 1994 Revenge game...Mark Brunell and Natrone Means "Business" helped knock us out of the playoffs in Kelly's last game, which unceremoniously ended with a concussion. I was there...the entire stadium sat stunned. Could have heard a pin drop.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The 1994 Revenge game...Mark Brunell and Natrone Means "Business" helped knock us out of the playoffs in Kelly's last game, which unceremoniously ended with a concussion. I was there...the entire stadium sat stunned. Could have heard a pin drop.

It was in 1996 :)

• Thank you (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

i was their, too, BT.  First rich stadium playoff loss ever.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I was there too. With my mom. We were bummed.

1 hour ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

When the Bills beat the Bengals they will finish the year having beat every single AFC team they played this year, given they came back to avenge their only two losses.

I’ll stretch it further given the above, if they win the next two they will have also beaten every single AFC team they played the last time they faced them this year ( @GunnerBill thanks for the catch, GB).

Sorry, thought it was neat.

Go Bills!

And if Vikings make the Superbowl Bills will be able to beat the only NFC team they lost to.

If Bills and Vikings both make to Superbowl we will have a new team with a Superbowl trophy and a team with 5 losses who never won the Superbowl.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Those who rank the Chiefs above the Bills and Bengals should be reminded that these two teams beat the Chiefs four out of the last five meetings (four of the five in Arrowhead), with the one Chiefs victory in overtime at home when they won the coin flip and the Bills weren't allowed to respond. 

The evidence is clear: The Chiefs are at best only the third-best team in the AFC. Monday's game is a preview of what should be (and should have been last year) the AFC Championship game. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I was there, in the corner about 10 rows up on the 10 yard line, Elvis to my right.  Brunell hits the quick out to Jimmy Smith who walks in for the win, right in front of me.  Then Kelly gets racked up, game over.  Worst feeling in the world that day.

Well, the Bills have only lost 3 games this season to this point.  Their three losses included two division opponents and an NFC team (Minnesota).   That's how we got to that statistic.  I'm actually impressed more by the fact that Josh Allen has surpassed Dan Marino's scoring record for the first five years of his career.  He's now the all time NFL leading QB in scoring for the first 5 years of his career.

10 hours ago, Since1981 said:

I assume you intend to say while Jets, Fins, were losses, Bills followed up with a win 

Kind of correct? He didn't say they won every game against the AFC. Just they beat every AFC team they faced. Obviously they play the AFC East teams twice, so there's wiggle room with each team to lose 1 of the 2 against each one and the statement to still be true.

12 hours ago, H2o said:

Something else to think about. If the Bills beat the Bengals, they will have beaten 8 out of the 10 teams even in the Playoff hunt in the AFC. The other two they haven't had to face this year. 

image.thumb.png.4878eb2a1a1d23179ef090bb96be915a.png

Contrast that with the fact that the Bengals have only be in four teams on the record that are above 500

22 hours ago, Since1981 said:

I assume you intend to say while Jets, Fins, were losses, Bills followed up with a win 

He already did say that in one of his earlier posts.  That was part of his points.  Dog nuts is an optimistic, but a practical fan.

Hes more so just pointing out we’ve come back from the few losses we’ve had and if we run the table will complete the task of we beat the Vikings in the SB.

On 12/30/2022 at 9:25 AM, Big Turk said:

15 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I was there, in the corner about 10 rows up on the 10 yard line, Elvis to my right.  Brunell hits the quick out to Jimmy Smith who walks in for the win, right in front of me.  Then Kelly gets racked up, game over.  Worst feeling in the world that day.

I was there also.  My dad, sisters and I decided to get tickets at the last minute so we could see the game as it wasn't sold out and thus not televised.

• Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

I was there also.  My dad, sisters and I decided to get tickets at the last minute so we could see the game as it wasn't sold out and thus not televised.

Crazy to think how long this was a thing in the NFL. The local blackouts if your team didn't sell out the stadium.

Hasn't been for a long long time now

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.