TUA in Concussion Protocol Again!

wppete

25 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

They’ll throw him around like a rag doll again. It’s really not the players fault, but I imagine someone is going to get the distinction of ending this guy’s career, perhaps in an ugly way. 

Its entirely possible.  Tua just doesnt have the body for the NFL.  Personally, I like the guy.  I think he is a decent QB too.  What I can't stand is Miami fans and our resident Miami troll.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Thoughts and prayers for tua and good health. Don't like seeing anyone injuried.

And particularly this way. Half their losses are without Tua. Their entire season was derailed by this issue. They have a deep and skilled roster and I’d be curious to eavesdrop into their QB evaluation this off-season.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

And particularly this way. Half their losses are without Tua. Their entire season was derailed by this issue. They have a deep and skilled roster and I’d be curious to eavesdrop into their QB evaluation this off-season.

Yea, but Tua had lost 4 straight so it’s not like they were playing great with him.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Ta111 said:

Yea, but Tua had lost 4 straight so it’s not like they were playing great with him.

True, but that stretch was a gauntlet. 3 of the 4 losses were 1-score games and Tua blew the Packers game post-concussion, presumably. 

My point here is to say I hope the Bills don’t have to play them a third time in wildcard round if Tua is back. They’re still dangerous.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Gotta say I’m a little surprised given past events, but also glad to know the Fins are doing the right thing. Truly feel for Tua. The kid loves playing the game, and he very well may miss out on the big contract. 

I like the idea of him going to the booth. I could see him doing a great job as a commentator. 

Just now, Playoffs? said:

Gotta say I’m a little surprised given past events, but also glad to know the Fins are doing the right thing. Truly feel for Tua. The kid loves playing the game, and he very well may miss out on the big contract. 

I like the idea of him going to the booth. I could see him doing a great job as a commentator. 

I have to think that the atmospherics of rushing him back for a must-win game had to play a factor in this too. Stinks for the Dolphins, but they have no chance of beating the jets without Tua. Like none. 

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I have to think that the atmospherics of rushing him back for a must-win game had to play a factor in this too. Stinks for the Dolphins, but they have no chance of beating the jets without Tua. Like none. 

May depend which Mike White shows up.  Could be a 9-6 game. 

I said after his horrible 2nd concussion, that he should retire.  I stand by that.

“ Tagovailoa played all of last Sunday’s game against the Packers but during a film session on Monday, coach Mike McDaniel asked him why he made certain decisions and plays and Tagovailoa could not remember, Glazer reported, triggering the concussion protocol.”

I have had a few severe concussions, I had a bad one in a college game, and I went back in and played like Tua.  I had no memory of it and didn’t realize it happened until watching film days later.  At some point I was pulled from the game tho, probably slurring words or something.  How Tua was able to call plays is puzzling.

poor guy.  He is a nice competitive guy but I hope he retires and gets into coaching or broadcasting.  It’s not worth your health man 

https://nypost.com/2023/01/01/tua-injury-wants-to-play-in-playoffs-after-latest-concussion/amp/

• 4 weeks later...

Just noticed this.

Tua is STILL in concussion protocol as of January 26, and is not expected to participate in the Pro Bowl.

That guy should really take his $25M guaranteed and go sit on a beach somewhere, before he ends up like Kolb with permanent disabilities (if he isn't already there)

• Agree 5

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Just noticed this.

Tua is STILL in concussion protocol as of January 26, and is not expected to participate in the Pro Bowl.

That guy should really take his $25M guaranteed and go sit on a beach somewhere, before he ends up like Kolb with permanent disabilities (if he isn't already there)

oh wow

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Just noticed this.

I know it's his dream and all, not trying to be mean just because he's a Dolphin or because I don't really have too much faith in him even when healthy, but this kind of feels like a nail in the coffin of his career. What team is going to want to have the unfortunate risk that he now seems to have as a starter of missing time?

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I hope its just precautionary rather than post concussion symptoms.  The time between his 3 concussions last year is concerning.  

I could be mistaken, but I don’t think they keep a player in “concussion protocol” for “precautionary reasons”.

I think if he could progress, he would.

I agree with the others who say he seems like a good person and (outside of being a Dolphin) I wish him the best.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Beck Water said:

I could be mistaken, but I don’t think they keep a player in “concussion protocol” for “precautionary reasons”.

I think if he could progress, he would.

I agree with the others who say he seems like a good person and (outside of being a Dolphin) I wish him the best.

with the season done for weeks I wouldn’t be shocked if it was just a talking point to skip the game. 

surely he’s not at the team facility trying to pass the various tests to work through protocol and is just dealing with his own doctors at this point in the off-season right?

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.