Jets WR Coach Miles Austin 1 year/indefinite suspension violating NFL gambling policy

Warcodered

It is “when”  not  “if” games become compromised because of gambling, imo, league owners (some who own gambling establishments) and employees are very likely already gambling on games via some other conduit/entity, it will become a total sh-t show when it becomes public. I give it a year ish, then the league will morph into something akin to horse racing, which is only logical, being both are big on PEDS usage,  😂

GO BILLS!!!

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think this rule is stupid.  I hope he wins his appeal and they change the rule.  Gambling is being shoved down our throats every time we turn the TV and radio on.  Give me an effin' break.

That rule makes total sense to me.

IMO they're not saying gambling is bad.

Just that they're not going to allow guys who are inside a team - who could turn games - to run the risk of going under water to guys who in the end wouldn't waste a minute selling a big debt to corrupt influencers who also wouldn't waste a minute deciding whether to fix a game using that sad degenerate debtor as their lever.

I don't think they have a choice. They've got to do this.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 4

13 hours ago, Limeaid said:

I wonder how NFL found out.  Maybe he did not pay bets and some company went to garnish his wages.

Questions:

• Does he get paid when on suspension and if not does that mean that gambling is less important than sexual harassment of multiple counts like Browns' QB did.
  • Does this remove one year of his guarantee for contract?  NFL coaches contracts generally are guaranteed.
  • If he is suspended is he allowed to gamble since not currently an employee? 
  • If JEST head coach is fired how does that affect suspension?

With mobile app you can take a poop and gamble at same time.

DumpKings

12 hours ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

Yeah, if you let Rose in and all of the others after him, you have to restore the Black Sox players as well... all or nothing. The Black Sox players were found not guilty in a court of law.

All the others after him?  There are others kept out of the hall for gambling?

The NFL trying to put the toothpaste back in the tube

Good luck with this. It’s only a matter of time before it impacts a game, if it hasn’t already, all because of the NFLs never ending pursuit of even more $$$

I’m not against gambling btw, just that the cat is out of the bag now and there’s no controlling it as much as the NFL will try

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think this rule is stupid.  I hope he wins his appeal and they change the rule.  Gambling is being shoved down our throats every time we turn the TV and radio on.  Give me an effin' break.

The rule is fine but the NFL is being extremely hypocritical in that sports betting is now so heavily promoted during the games on their broadcasts. The are in bed with them but ....

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, Gugny said:

I haven’t gambled in the last decade if you don’t count lottery tickets or fantasy football/hockey. It’s not hard. He had rules, he had to follow them just like we all have to in our jobs. Enough with the “he is being coerced by commercials to do it.” Just like our parents all said “if someone told you to jump off a cliff would you do it?”

12 hours ago, Spiderweb said:

The rule is fine but the NFL is being extremely hypocritical in that sports betting is now so heavily promoted during the games on their broadcasts. The are in bed with them but ....

If the injury report isn't intended to help Vegas set the line more accurately call me surprised.

On 12/23/2022 at 6:33 PM, Limeaid said:

I wonder how NFL found out.  Maybe he did not pay bets and some company went to garnish his wages.

If he's using a legal mobile app you can't place a wager without making a deposit first. So that's basically impossible. He was prolly just being careless. I mean, he did play for the Cowboys.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

If he's using a legal mobile app you can't place a wager without making a deposit first. So that's basically impossible. He was prolly just being careless. I mean, he did play for the Cowboys.

That is where I remember him from.  I recognized name but not remember from where.  Thanks.

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JhonSnow said:

I think the rules around gambling in the NFL need to be reevaluated. People should have the freedom to spend their money how they see fit, as long as it doesn't interfere with their job performance. And while I understand the concerns around betting on NFL games, it seems unfair to punish someone for betting on other sports. As someone who also enjoys gambling through gambling apps and websites like UFABET, I know firsthand that it can be a fun and potentially lucrative hobby. I hope Austin's appeal is successful and that the NFL reconsiders its strict policies on gambling.

I see. Knowing that you are required to not gamble when you accept the job means nothing these days, eh? Until the rules, known in advance, are changed, abide be them. It's about honesty, integrity, and ethics, something the world seem to be in short supply of these days.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.