Viking Radio Announcers Need to start their own Comedy Hour

Big Turk

Freaking Hilarious!!ย ย 

ย 

"Snap. Haack, Punt, Left Footed Punt, Bad Punt. Raegor runs up under it. Their punter is terrible."ย ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

"This referee, officiating his first Viking game, Tre Blake...I hope you never come back again."ย ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

"Throws left to Jefferson who is blasted by Stephon Gilmore who should be thrown out of the game! Stephon Gilmore should be thrown out of the game for that hit! He is lucky he doesn't have someone come off the bench and whoop his butt!"ย ย ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

ย 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 8

1 minute ago, HOUSE said:

Worse than the Boston Bruin hockey announcersย ย 

Jack Edwards is a joke. Complete homer and such a prick. Go figures a Boston guy though right?ย 

ย 

ย 

Edited by DJB
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

ย 

I'm just wondering since he had such a strong opinion about the Gilmore hit why he didn't leave the broadcast booth and run down on the field and whoop Gilmore's butt himself??

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Actually he is somewhat entertaining with his one sided homer opinions.ย  I would listen to him as a Vikings fan.ย  Would have loved to hear his version of the J Allen endzone fumble,,

I don't have that but here's the Pats announcers calling the loss against the Raiders.ย 

ย 

Zolak is such a tool. When they were dominating he was the most arrogant guy I've ever heard, which is funny when you consider how bad he was as a QB. Now he just sounds sad and angry, which is great

ย 

ย 

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

I don't have that but here's the Pats announcers calling the loss against the Raiders.ย 

ย 

Zolak is such a tool. When they were dominating he was the most arrogant guy I've ever heard, which is funny when you consider how bad he was as a QB. Now he just sounds sad and angry, which is great

ย 

ย 

That was a great listen.

ย 

I love the one announcer says "Oh my god" as Jones picks up the ball before his face planed Mac Jones.

ย 

And Zolak is full of it, he had something like that lateral on his mind when he recounted the Phins and their hook and lateral.

27 minutes ago, DJB said:

Jack Edwards is a joke. Complete homer and such a prick. Go figures a Boston guy though right?ย 

ย 

ย 

I can not listen to them, you even touch a Bruin, it should be a penaltyย 

Their goalie is always interfered with. No team ever beats the Bruins it is always bad officiating...horribleย  announcersย 

• Agree 1

I live in Saint Paul....my youngest had a hockey tournament game on Saturday afternoon so I was listening to Paul Allen and Pete Bercich's broadcast of the comeback.ย  Paul is a legend in MN.ย  I don't mind him being a homer..I like him better than Murph (and I like Murph sort of)...

ย 

In fairness, you also have to listen to some snippets from the first half...when Paul's lead in to a mattress ad was, "well, since the team decided to sleep in and not show up today, its appropriate we encourage you to shop at Mattress Firm."ย 

ย 

He is really critical of the Vikings (like the Jalen Reagor comments) when the Vikes are sucking.

ย 

Adds some color and chuckles to the broadcast.

Edited by JoeF

21 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Whatever, the Vikings are frauds and weโ€™re all waiting for them to be bounced in Round 1.ย 

ย 

I also think they'll lose early in the playoffs, but imagine if it's a Bills/Vikes SB. The media will love the whole "which team will be the 5 time loser?" angle

I am personally in favor of local announcers being shameless homers. Why the heck not? It's the home team, let them be homers! It's not like they have some journalistic responsibility to be objective. It's not the national news, it's a football game. Homerism adds flavor. I love it.ย 

• Agree 1

Anyone remember when this guy tweaked out when Favre threw that terrible interception in the NFC Championship against the Saints?? Minny was so close to winning and this guy almost stroked out. Sorry Iโ€™m not smart enuf to post the link haha.

ย 

ย 

Edited by Breakout Squad

2 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Nah, these guys are funny and on the mark with their comments.

ย 

Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley are so biased they don't even call things remotely objectively anymore.

ย 

ย 

Just now, LeGOATski said:

The Vikings guy is the best I've heard around the league, but this was a little over the top. This is the first time he seemed unprofessional. He sounded too much like a fan in the booth when he started yelling "cheaters."ย 

He's clearly going for a certain style of announcing intended to be entertaining and beyond a straight up play by play guy.

ย 

To be honest, I think these guys are great. ย No one is ever allowed to be funny when it comes to NFL broadcasting. ย It's all serious and everyone's wearing a suit. ย Why?

ย 

How about being funny, fun, and entertaining?

ย 

ย 

"How is this guy even in the league?"

ย 

I asked that for 19 weeks last season. I still don't have an answer for you. He is ***** useless.

18 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

ย 

To be honest, I think these guys are great. ย No one is ever allowed to be funny when it comes to NFL broadcasting. ย It's all serious and everyone's wearing a suit. ย Why?

ย 

ย 

ย 

Agreed. Give me Matt "you can't even fart on him" Millen - Bills @ Dolphins week 2 in 2021 over Tony "this is eeeeeeet Jiiiiiiiiiim" Romo every single day.ย 

ย 

ย 

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

I have no love for Zolak but this a pretty honest call.

2 hours ago, RobbRiddick said:

ย 

ย 

ย 

I have no love for Zolak but this a pretty honest call.

19 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Nah, these guys are funny and on the mark with their comments.

ย 

Jack Edwards and Andy Brickley are so biased they don't even call things remotely objectively anymore.

ย 

ย 

He's clearly going for a certain style of announcing intended to be entertaining and beyond a straight up play by play guy.

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

I've always thought they were entertaining and funny. Definitely my favorite of all the local commentators I've heard. But this got a little sad. He sounded more unhinged than normal. You can be funny/entertaining and still keep your cool.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.