Who dey? Any Mafia familiar with Cincy or attending the Monday night game?

loyal2dagame

I bought tickets to the game in Cincy.  

Can anyone give experiences with the area? What's the must see spots or must do things? 

Where's the Bills bars,  ect. 

We'll be there for a few days before we hit Ky for the Bourbon Trail. 

I'd love to meet up with any TBDers.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, wjag said:

I’m going.  Never been. Driving in day off and leaving next morning.  Have a hotel on other side of river.  

We're staying in Ky also.  Getting there New Year's Day evening,  leaving Tuesday to go get some good bourbon. 

1 minute ago, teef said:

I’ve heard Cincinnati is in Ohio.  

Ohio isn't just a river...... wait,  wrong joke

• Haha (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, loyal2dagame said:

Can anyone give experiences with the area? What's the must see spots or must do things? 

ive gone to 6-7 games as I have some friends down there, but not for years so I’m not much help here.

However, I always found Cincy a blast and the people there are generally great.  

great rib place on the river.  Boy, begins with an M, but I can’t remember right now.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

I went to the 2017 game in Cincinnati…. Not one of my best Bills memories…rained heavily throughout the game and the Bills lost…Tyrod was the QB… haven’t we come a long way in that department…

Sightseeing opportunities were limited from memory 

1 minute ago, teef said:

I’ve heard Cincinnati is in Ohio.  

Just… 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Watch out for falling turkeys.

WKRP Cinci has the best pre game, tho.

In all seriousness I have considered going. It'd be a turn and burn trip that I would drive home immediately after the game. Flights from Cinci to Greensboro would take just as long as flying. 

From my brief exposure to the city is that there are areas there are very rough. The campus there is surrounded by some weird places. The Bengals fans are like you average falcon, Panther, bears, or redskins fan.  They're a notch below the titans and a full wrung below the browns. 

Maybe the best comparison is Ravens fans but not as trashy, but just as passionate. 

Edited by boyst
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

I went to the 2017 game in Cincinnati…. Not one of my best Bills memories…rained heavily throughout the game and the Bills lost…Tyrod was the QB… haven’t we come a long way in that department…

Sightseeing opportunities were limited from memory 

Just… 

I was there for that one too, it sucked. I went to college near Cincy and have lived in Columbus for 15+ years so I’ve seen the Bills there probably 5 times. It’s a pretty good time and people are generally decent. Newport is fun but more so in the summer. I have a room booked for this game but haven’t bought tickets and probably will end up skipping. The proximity is enticing but have a bunch of other stuff going on and might just focus my efforts on playoffs.

• Like (+1) 1

The stadium is right along the river.  The baseball stadium is just down the waterfront.  Cincinati downtown is nothing special.

my brother and his family bought tix. They book a hotel for the night a few blocks from the stadium.

just be prepared if you go….

chargers at bengals AFC championship was one of the coldest games ever. -9 air temp.  Wind chill at -58F.  This game was played on Jan 10 1982.

3 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

Went to a Bills @ Cincy game a few years back.

I can't speak to any must see spots or Bills bars, but I can tell you that the fans there are very nice.

We did not tailgate, but instead went to a bar near the parking lot.  No idea what the name of the bar is, but it's directly across the street from the Reds Museum or Hall of Fame.

The place was MOBBED, obviously with Bengals fans.  I was shocked at how nice people were.  I thought I'd have to wait an hour to get to the bar, but Bengals fans let me right through.

In the stadium, it was much of the same.  Very friendly fans.  I haven't been to many away games, but this was easily the most pleasant one.  And the Bills won, so that was sweet.

Enjoy!

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

ive gone to 6-7 games as I have some friends down there, but not for years so I’m not much help here.

However, I always found Cincy a blast and the people there are generally great.  

great rib place on the river.  Boy, begins with an M, but I can’t remember right now.  

Montgomery Inn. Great ribs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

I lived in Cincy for a little over a year.

Gotta try both GoldStar and Skyline Chili...two major competitors in the Cincinnati Chili Wars.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.