Justin Fields makes me nervous.

ChicagoRic

11 hours ago, LeviF said:

Would you say you're concerned? Need this for the spreadsheet I'm compiling of all the things Bills fans are C O N C E R N E D about during this 11-3 campaign.

Werewolves. I think they're much better than vampires. I'm very concerned.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

As you can imagine, I see a good bit of Bears football and they are truly a bad team, but Fields is the exception.  While nothing special as a passer, he is a truly impressive rushing QB.  Makes guys miss.  Leaves jocks on the grounds.  Take what should be huge losses and somehow turns them into huge gains. 

It's not just a matter of putting a spy on him either.  The kid has some next level skills.  At 1000 yards rushing and 8 TDs, he's a legit starting RB who also just happens to throw the ball pretty well. 

He's the only the thing that has made the Bears even remotely watchable this year.

On the other hand, he's very very boom or bust.  Takes a ton of sacks and puts up some bad INTS.  It's very much "Good Justin" vs "Bad Justin".

Here's hoping we get more of the bad than good.

DeShaun Watson would make me far more nervous! 

Am I too late there? 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I would say a major difference is I didn’t believe in Allen because it was the Bills and his college stuff. He definitely progressed his second year but never in a million years did I think he would become what he is. 

so I will never I can see fields at Allen’s current level. But dude was like the number 1 player in the country and dominated in college. Not crazy to think he could become a good player with more talent around him and being in the same offense 2 years in a row. I think he’s a dangerous player. That said, our defense is very suited for him. 

Doesn't change the fact you are challenging people on this board for the same bologna you placed on Allen.  You had your preconceived biases about Allen as people here have theirs about other QBs.  Just ironic and hypocritical to be honest, for you to challenge other opinions on the matter when you were just the same not that long ago.

3 hours ago, Malazan said:

Werewolves. I think they're much better than vampires. I'm very concerned.

Did you know a werewolf can kill a vampire?  I learned that this month!

13 minutes ago, Airseven said:

Fields will run wild. There’s no doubt.

But he makes plays that aren’t sustainable across a full game and the Bears never finish.

Its not like the bills dont work against a QB that does that in practice every day lol

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Weird how many people are crapping in Fields when his second year looks a lot (if not even a little better) than Allen’s. He plays on a garbage offense and show some really flashes surrounded by junk. This board loves putting down other teams qbs.

and the bills are far superior to the bears and it should be a cake walk. But the bears have hung in almost every game, combined with awful weather, and the bills not covering in 7 out of 8 could make it somewhat interesting. Imo, these are sometimes the hardest games for superior teams to get up for. Would love to see a nice crap kicking for Christmas 

Sometimes QBs just suck.  Fields sucks.  Just like every other Ohio State QB has sucked in the NFL.  

In just under two years, the Bears are 5-18 in his starts; he has 22 TD passes vs. 20 INT; and he's been sacked 82 times.  And he still has three games to play this season.  

People are crapping on him because he is horrible.  Comparing him to Josh Allen in any way, shape or form is dumb.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/20/2022 at 7:26 AM, SoCal Deek said:

The Bears are 3-11 and have lost SEVEN games in a row. I’m thinking that represents a whole lot of ‘bad Justin’. 

They have quality young talent on D particularly in the secondary. The offense is turnover prone and inconsistent but will deliver a handful of explosive plays. They struggle late in games for a variety of reasons, but they're a tough team and more competitive than their record (and puffy rankings) suggest:

1. Eagles
2. 49ers
3. Bengals
4. Bills
5. Chiefs
6. Vikings
7. Cowboys
8. Chargers
9. Dolphins
10. Giants
11. Ravens
12. Lions
13. Jaguars
14. Titans
15. Commanders
16. Jets
17. Seahawks
18. Raiders
19. Browns
20. Packers
21. Patriots
22. Bucs
23. Steelers
24. Saints
25. Panthers 
26. Falcons
27. Broncos
28. Colts
29. Rams 
30. Bears
31. Cardinals
32. Texans   

17 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Weird how many people are crapping in Fields when his second year looks a lot (if not even a little better) than Allen’s. He plays on a garbage offense and show some really flashes surrounded by junk. This board loves putting down other teams qbs.

and the bills are far superior to the bears and it should be a cake walk. But the bears have hung in almost every game, combined with awful weather, and the bills not covering in 7 out of 8 could make it somewhat interesting. Imo, these are sometimes the hardest games for superior teams to get up for. Would love to see a nice crap kicking for Christmas 

I'm not seeing it. at all.

On 12/20/2022 at 11:36 AM, Gugny said:

His sack percentage is 14.4%.  He's been sacked 46 times, which leads the NFL.

In second place is Russ Wilson, who's been sacked 43 times and his sack percentage is 9.8%.

Statistically speaking, Justin Fields is the worst starting QB in the NFL and it's really not that close.

So you are saying there is a good reason they were considering starting P5t5rman instead of him?

57 minutes ago, Airseven said:

They have quality young talent on D particularly in the secondary. The offense is turnover prone and inconsistent but will deliver a handful of explosive plays. They struggle late in games for a variety of reasons, but they're a tough team and more competitive than their record (and puffy rankings) suggest:

1. Eagles
2. 49ers
3. Bengals
4. Bills
5. Chiefs
6. Vikings
7. Cowboys
8. Chargers
9. Dolphins
10. Giants
11. Ravens
12. Lions
13. Jaguars
14. Titans
15. Commanders
16. Jets
17. Seahawks
18. Raiders
19. Browns
20. Packers
21. Patriots
22. Bucs
23. Steelers
24. Saints
25. Panthers 
26. Falcons
27. Broncos
28. Colts
29. Rams 
30. Bears
31. Cardinals
32. Texans   

DVOA and SRS(PFR's ranking system) both have the Bills first by a relatively wide margin.

image.thumb.png.e3626ea807a45a86e618cc7c2f329734.png 

image.thumb.png.b365b8c28988aef49130751d7bdc94e8.png

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

He's a talented QB with zero supporting cast.  I love how the board mocks other QBs and forget where we were just a short time ago.

His 2021 and 2022 stats are for the most part (QB rating, comp %, less INTs) better than Allen's 2018 and 2019 stats.  He is better in year 2 than year 1 just like Allen was.  

The question will be can he make the tremendous improvement in year 3 that Allen did.  Not many QBs in the history of the game have done that.  

As for strategy.  I never liked using a spy.  No player on the Bills D can run with him. You are better off playing your base defense, try to keep him in the pocket and force him to throw to a below average group of wideouts.

20 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

He's a talented QB with zero supporting cast.  I love how the board mocks other QBs and forget where we were just a short time ago.

His 2021 and 2022 stats are for the most part (QB rating, comp %, less INTs) better than Allen's 2018 and 2019 stats.  He is better in year 2 than year 1 just like Allen was.  

The question will be can he make the tremendous improvement in year 3 that Allen did.  Not many QBs in the history of the game have done that.  

As for strategy.  I never liked using a spy.  No player on the Bills D can run with him. You are better off playing your base defense, try to keep him in the pocket and force him to throw to a below average group of wideouts.

Wouldn't mind seeing double half field spies with one being a CB and the other being Milano. Bills will likely try and trot out their Lamar gameplan.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.