Roster Moves to Sign Brown & Beasley to the 53?

Warriorspikes51

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Was it just a plea for attention? Or should we just throw the towel in for this season. Better luck next year! 

Ruddy waste of a season if you ask me. As we're so obviously going to lose to the Eagles in the Superbowl why the heck didn't we go 0-17 and get the number one draft pick?

5 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Ruddy waste of a season if you ask me. As we're so obviously going to lose to the Eagles in the Superbowl why the heck didn't we go 0-17 and get the number one draft pick?

Clearly our FO has no idea what they are doing! The torch and pitchfork crowd was RIGHT!  

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Albwan said:

I think all this is pointless..I mean does anyone think the bills can beat the eagles

We have to wait and see what they do against the Cincinnati first.  That is going to tell where this team is right now.   No win against Cinci,  no chance against the Eagles.

Edited by Toyo321
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

image.thumb.png.6f1966578644ee8a7297e8ee489072a6.png

Here is a look at the Current Roster (via Sal C)

I'm going to assume Brown and Beasley will eventually be signed to the 53 when their PS Elevations run out  (1 left for Brown, 3 for Bease)

What moves do you make?

Tommy Sweeney, Justin Murray seem most likely to me.

Others could be Cam Lewis or Bobby Hart    (Assuming Crowder is healthy at some point)

Question:  Why do you think we will make roster moves to sign them to the 53 man roster?  I think that's probably a bad assumption.

Brown has 1 PS elevation left.  Beasley will have 3.  There are 4 games left. The counter re-sets for the playoffs, with no limit on elevations.

The roster move I see possibly coming, is Ike Boettger being activated from PUP.  He had a 21 day window opened on Nov. 30, meaning the Bills either need to elevate him or put him on season-ending IR by (I think) Dec. 20th.

3 hours ago, mushypeaches said:

I don't see them doing anything here, related to the WR moves.

Brown will play again this week and that will be his 3 elevations

Beasley will get elevated the last 3 weeks of the season

Justin Murray is probably gone if/when Ike Boettger gets fully healthy

Xavier Rhodes or Cam Lewis will get released once Benford is off IR

You guys don't think Beasley will be elevated to be able to play this Sunday?  

My apologies, I just assumed it would be a foregone conclusion that Beasley was playing Sunday....

13 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

We have to wait and see what they do against the Cincinnati first.  That is going to tell where this team is right now.   No win against Cinci,  no chance against the Eagles.

I don't see how this follows at all.  The Eagles and Cincinnati are different teams with different strengths.

Both good defenses.  Eagles good against run and pass.  Cincinnati overall weaker against the pass, though they turned it on and had a good plan for KC.  Eagles more dependent upon being opportunistic, getting turnovers.  Cincinnati overall just solid.

Eagles, best point-scoring offense in the league, but a bit more dependent upon their running game.  More rushing attempts, more rushing TDs, darn close rushing yards to their passing yards.  Cincinnati, almost equal number of run and pass attempts, but much more of a passing-oriented offense.  2:1 ratio of passing to rushing TDs, passing to rushing 1st downs.  26 (tied for 28) in "rush yards per attempt:

Then, there's the "any given Sunday" factor.  Just because a team is beaten in the regular season, doesn't follow the same team will beat them in the playoffs *cough*.

9 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

You guys don't think Beasley will be elevated to be able to play this Sunday?  

My apologies, I just assumed it would be a foregone conclusion that Beasley was playing Sunday....

I imagine they'll see, but yeah, I think if Beasley is in playing shape they'll elevate him instead of Brown.  But they'll only elevate 1 of the 2 of them.

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Everything I read says Beasley is in great shape and ready to play this week. 

I wouldn't bet against it. 

OK, how about some links to this everything you read?

Edited by Beck Water

9 minutes ago, Bob Chandler's Hands said:

Beasley and Brown are more like getting Matt 'Guitar' Murphy and Blue Lou from Matt's old lady's fried chicken joint. 

Don't mess with Aretha Franklin...if you do you'd better think about the consequences of your actions.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Albwan said:

I think all this is pointless..I mean does anyone think the bills can beat the eagles

Bills have beaten Chiefs, Ravens, Titans, Jets, Lions- those will all be playoff teams. 

You are what your record is.  
Bills are 10-3 and first place seed

Bills have the 7th hardest schedule

Why are you so scared of Philly?

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Toyo321 said:

That's not how it works.  

4 hours ago, Albwan said:

The Commies beat the tar out of them a few weeks ago.   Manhandled.

Jalen Hurts isn't in the same league as Josh Allen, IMO..........it just looks that way because they have been healthy offensively.

By no means saying it's an Eagles thing...........but on the Eagles alone there are recent examples of QB's who had crazy good regular seasons that they couldn't ever come close to repeating.      

Remember that Nick Foles had a 27 TD 2 INT season in 2013?

Or Carson Wentz playing like a league MVP?

When your QB isn't great your offense is a bit of a house of cards.

Give me JA17 over Hurts every time.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

I don't think the NFL works the way you think it does.

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Commies beat the tar out of them a few weeks ago.   Manhandled.

Jalen Hurts isn't in the same league as Josh Allen, IMO..........it just looks that way because they have been healthy offensively.

By no means saying it's an Eagles thing...........but on the Eagles alone there are recent examples of QB's who had crazy good regular seasons that they couldn't ever come close to repeating.      

Remember that Nick Foles had a 27 TD 2 INT season in 2013?

Or Carson Wentz playing like a league MVP?

When your QB isn't great your offense is a bit of a house of cards.

Give me JA17 over Hurts every time.

Gotta agree, I think the Bills can implement the Lamar Jackson defense on Hurts and shut him down.  He’s arguably having a better year than Lamar in his MVP season, but I don’t think he’s ready for the difference the playoffs bring.  This is the guy that got taken out in the big game for Tua, not that it defines a player, but he hasn’t proved he can dominate when it matters.  There’s very VERY few that can do it on the NFL level.  As of this very moment it’s Maholmes, Burrow, Allen, Rodgers and Brady and the last two are extremely questionable at this point in their careers. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.