While we're at it: Re-sign Moulds.

boyst

1 minute ago, boyst said:

I am surprised people aren't taking this seriously. Andre Reed has a HOF career. Moulds should have and he's 5 yards short of 10k yards. A benchmark shared by only a few.

Any Bills fan should know this. 

See above. They're not 5 yards from 10,000 career yards. 

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

I am surprised people aren't taking this seriously. Andre Reed has a HOF career. Moulds should have and he's 5 yards short of 10k yards. A benchmark shared by only a few.

Any Bills fan should know this. 

See above. They're not 5 yards from 10,000 career yards. 

Sign them all.

And Moulds needs a 5 yard TD pass to finish with 10,000 yards and 50 TDs. If they're going to do it, they should do it right.

• Like (+1) 1

It would have been nice to see Moulds get the 5 yards. I can’t think of anyone who brought a player back for stats.  Roster spots are seen as way too valuable. The last time I saw the Bills making a blatant push for stats was feeding Beaze for the 1000 yard season week 16, 2000.  He got injured when Barkley hung him out to dry and arguably ruined a chance at the Lombardi. 

Edited by Charles Romes

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

He was a good player, but that's insane.

Yeah, not sure he was THAT GOOD, but I agree with boyst that Moulds was a HOF level talent.  He played with mostly terrible quarterbacks and he started running into soft tissue injuries in his mid-to-late career.  If he would have played with a guy like Peyton Manning he would be considered an all-time great.

I love AJ Brown because he reminds me so much of a prime Eric Moulds.  I'd love to have that guy on this roster.

Edited by TheBrownBear
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, boyst said:

Just one 5 yard pass please!!!!!! It's such a tragedy to be that close to 10k.

boyst, I would love a 1 day or 3 day contract, a five yard reception "given" to him in the final game in exchange for the Bills doing a five yard  false start penalty on the next play.

Yeah, I would be so fine with that.  

One of the most underrated Bills of all time.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Moulds would have been a top 10 all time WR if he had good QB play for more of his career 

That’s just not true … don’t get @BADOLBILZ started 

first … Even average Pro quarterbacks can force feed the ball to a good wide receiver…. Josh Gordon Put up all pro numbers playing with worse QBs than Eric moulds 

second … You could put any really good wide receiver with a really good quarterback for 10 years and he will have ludicrous stats… the game doesn’t work like that 

third , if moulds came into the league a better route runner he wouldn’t have lost 2 seasons of little production … maybe being a better technician coulda got him some more yards early 

fourth , he has 9995 yards… You’re not magically adding 6000 yards when he was already force-fed by pros 

He is absolutely one of the best bills WRs but he was inconsistent and didn’t play much in the beginning because lack of route running 

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

That’s just not true … don’t get @BADOLBILZ started 

first … Even average Pro quarterbacks can force feed the ball to a good wide receiver…. Josh Gordon Put up all pro numbers playing with worse QBs than Eric moulds 

second … You could put any really good wide receiver with a really good quarterback for 10 years and he will have ludicrous stats… the game doesn’t work like that 

third , if moulds came into the league a better route runner he wouldn’t have lost 2 seasons of little production … maybe being a better technician coulda got him some more yards early 

fourth , he has 9995 yards… You’re not magically adding 6000 yards when he was already force-fed by pros 

He is absolutely one of the best bills WRs but he was inconsistent and didn’t play much in the beginning because lack of route running 

I wonder if Saints fans of a certain age say the same thing about Joe Horn. :rolleyes:

With all the truly great WR's that have played in the NFL it amazes me that some Bills fans think that stiff legged bully-baller was an all-time great or Hall of Fame type talent.

Truth is.........he was very good but he wasn't even "first ballot" Hall of Very Good.   

• Disagree 1

December 6, 2002

Perfect Fit

By Seth Wickersham

ESPN The Magazine

To make it in the modern-day offense of the NFL, a receiver needs a perfect score on a multiple-choice exam. Smarts? A must. Link it with the speed to get open deep, the discipline to run crisp routes, the blocking to spring the ground game and the strength to break tackles. Top it off with the explosion to go all the way after the catch. There's one guy with a check in every box: Eric Moulds.

No one else in the NFL can do it all like Moulds. Terrell Owens can catch with Moulds but blocks once a month. Rod Smith brings it in his blocks but isn't as fast. Randy Moss is faster than Moulds, but he's, well, Randy Moss. "Eric's big, physical and fast," says Miami corner Sam Madison. "Every time I see Buffalo on the schedule, I know I'm going to have to bring my A-game, because Eric brings his."  😈

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

December 6, 2002

Perfect Fit

By Seth Wickersham

ESPN The Magazine

To make it in the modern-day offense of the NFL, a receiver needs a perfect score on a multiple-choice exam. Smarts? A must. Link it with the speed to get open deep, the discipline to run crisp routes, the blocking to spring the ground game and the strength to break tackles. Top it off with the explosion to go all the way after the catch. There's one guy with a check in every box: Eric Moulds.

No one else in the NFL can do it all like Moulds. Terrell Owens can catch with Moulds but blocks once a month. Rod Smith brings it in his blocks but isn't as fast. Randy Moss is faster than Moulds, but he's, well, Randy Moss. "Eric's big, physical and fast," says Miami corner Sam Madison. "Every time I see Buffalo on the schedule, I know I'm going to have to bring my A-game, because Eric brings his."  😈

Yea he was a stud, physically gifted like few

That alone does not make you a Hall of Famer last time I checked

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.