Von Miller ACL- Out for Season

thenorthremembers

49 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Signing him was a good move, it just didn't work out.  They really have to start spending the resources on offense though.

Gonna take some big moves to clear space to address the offense this off-season.   

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2023/

They've already restructured quite a few guys already.  For the credit McBeane receives building the roster, they went for broke this season and next season the bill starts coming due. 

• Like (+1) 1

I didn't expect a torn ACL but I truly didn't expect him to play again this season as it was. Hopefully he can be ready to go by September or so.

To me, this makes the #1 seed harder but more important. This team needs as much rest and healing as possible. If the AFC goes through Orchard Park, the Bills will be in the Super Bowl whether we have Von or not. 

7 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

You THINK you know what I meant, from your compartment.

“No, genius.

If the MRI was read correctly, he could've had the surgery sooner.

As it stands, if Miller takes a year to rehab, he's back in Dec. '23.”

This is what you said. This is flat out wrong. Again, even in Tre’s case, where the scan  revealed immediately that his ACL was torn, he did not have surgery right away. he had it weeks later. Know why? Of course you don’t. But you can look it up instead of wasting time here embarrassing yourself and calling people names for correcting you.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, QCity said:

Ouch. That contract looking like a train wreck now.

How so?

2023 season: $18.705 million cap hit

2024 season: $21.205 million cap hit

OPTION: Cut Von Miller on June 1, 2025

2025 season: $3.705 million cap hit

2026 season: $3.705 million cap hit

2027 season: $0.0 million cap hit

Trust the process. Brandon Beane knows what he's doing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, NUT said:

Not having Hyde and Miller in the playoffs might be too much to overcome.

hmm, i am not counting Hyde out just yet...highly unlikely, but not 100% yet either.

And Crowder i think is making good progress..may see him for the playoffs as well

The "we can't catch a break" crowd is projecting their own life-pessimism onto the Bills.  

A less-talented Bills team was one coaching-related brain-fart away from putting away a more talented Chiefs team.

Every team suffers injuries.

Not every team chases a ring like the Bills did this offseason.  It's unfortunate that this particular signing didn't work out but it was the right move.  But as I said upthread, the smarter path to success would be to lean into the strength of the team, JA17, and focus on protecting him and giving him weapons.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.