Von Miller ACL- Out for Season

thenorthremembers

Von video they just played on NFLN sure sounds like he's coming back next year.  

Side note:  He is so inspirational man.. even from the hospital, knowing he won't play this year, he's got me hype. 

Edited by SCBills

Next man up. Big opportunity for the young guys who have been disappointing to earn that next deal.

This team does seem a little cursed though. Two All Pros on defense out for the year. Another All Pro just returning from an ACL himself (gotta think he won’t totally be himself this year). Then another All Pro playing injured and missing games as well.

For those keeping track that is all 4 All Pros on our defense out or compromised this year. If we can make a deep run, Beane and the coaches deserve huge props for building depth on defense and getting them to play well.

• Agree 1

Just now, SCBills said:

Von video they just played on NFLN sure sounds like he's coming back.  

Side note:  He is so inspirational man.. even from the hospital, knowing he won't play this year, he's got me hype. 

Yep.  I liked the vid.  Gotta stay positive for his teammates.  Hope he comes back to Buffalo for his rehab through the rest of the season.  I want that guy around the locker room as mush as possible.

10 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

This sucks majorly.  But honestly, in his short time here he did a lot that may have set us up for a run anyway.  He got the 3rd down sack on Mahomes to get us the ball back for the game winning drive and then followed up with pressure to flush Mahomes out leading to the game sealing pick by Taron.  It's one game, but that one game was huge and is a big reason we are currently the 1 seed.  Obviously having him healthy for a run this post season would have been ideal, but having him early on helped us to get to this point and we just need to finish strong and hopefully get home field.

Jets game sack too. He’s had a number of big plays, the exact reason he was brought here. Sucks all around. 

18 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Sorry, man, you're right.  I'm just freaking out a bit at the moment.  LOL.  Point remains, though, on the injury settlement.  The Bills can't make him sign anything.  Injury settlements are usually done as a courtesy to players down the roster food chain to hook them up with a bit of cash on their way out instead of flat out cutting them while also allowing the team to save some cap scratch.

its clauses in the current contract concerning injuries. many times, you hear it going to courts concerning settlements. it is what it is.

4 minutes ago, njbuff said:

No need to cry. Every team and I mean EVERY team deals with injuries and backbreaking season enders too.

Heck, look at the Niners. They lost TWO starting QB's to season ending injuries and they still consider themselves a favorite to reach the SB.

The Bills opponent this week lost their two best offensive players for the season and do you hear them crying about it? No.

I didn't hear anyone say that #17 went down to a season ending injury. Did you? As long as he is in there (minus November swoons 😂), the Bills will always be a SB favorite.

And when Bosa is out for the year, they officially have no chance to win a super bowl.  

Curious to know: would this specific procedure have been done had Beane not put him on IR? I know the plan was to get it checked out but I wonder if it would have been found with him initially coming back this week based on his optimism.

Beane may have stopped this from becoming far worse by giving him time to properly heal and get looked over. If he came back and had an even worse tear we could be talking career ending, not season ending.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.