Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

1 hour ago, Beast said:

I don’t think it’s too hard to figure out with White having been back at practice a while, McDermott and Eric Woods and Chris Brown’s comments.

It appears all about confidence at this point. He’s physically ready but not mentally. 

IMO, it’s time he plays or goes on IR. And that is no bash on White. It’s just time to lace them up because the team needs you and you are physically ready or look forward to next season if he can’t mentally get over the hurdle.

One or the other.

Don't you think the team would rather get him back in a couple of weeks potentially and deal with any negatives (like fans being whiny *****; roster moves) until then?

Don't you think the team would be weighing everything on a week to week basis and would make the best decision for the team?

Glad you aren't the decision-maker, willing to IR someone who could help you down the stretch and who may be available in the coming weeks.

In your words, he has to play or be placed on IR. this is simply wrong. And idiotic. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Returntoglory said:

When I was in the USAF stationed in Germany in the 80's, I played USAFE Soccer and competitive Ice Hockey against European countries. 

I initially injured my knee during soccer practice. I went to the base hospital and saw an ER Dr. He told me " Just a strain, you'll be fine".

I re-injured my knee during a hockey tournament in Sweden a few months later. After a few minutes on the ice, I stood up and put pressure on my knee and skated to the bench. 

The following Monday I went to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center. I saw a civilian orthopedic surgeon. He scoped my knee and said, and I quote " I don't know who told you that your knee was fine, but your ACL is torn, as is your MCL and LCL!

I was devastated of course. 20 years old with visions of a professional baseball career now gone.

I was in a full, hinged polio type leg brace for two years. I could only take it off to shower or to sleep.

Fast forward to when my brace was finally taken off. I had a Lenox Hill brace that I would wear it for sports. It took me almost a year to gain the confidence to run or skate. I was petrified of the thought of having a relapse with my knee and going through all the pain and rehab all over again.

So, if in fact Tre is extremely gun-shy right now, I for one have firsthand understanding and compassion for him and why he is feeling this way.

It is a tough mental hurdle to get over. ESPECIALLY in a fast, high contact sport. 

Take your time Tre, football can wait. 

I’m certainly not saying you’re wrong. But you’re comparing your situation (1980s medical and a service connected/sponsored sports team) to the NFL (current medical advancements/multi-billion dollar industry). 30+ years in medical advancements alone make it not comparable. 

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Nineforty said:

Don't you think the team would rather get him back in a couple of weeks potentially and deal with any negatives (like fans being whiny *****; roster moves) until then?

Don't you think the team would be weighing everything on a week to week basis and would make the best decision for the team?

Glad you aren't the decision-maker, willing to IR someone who could help you down the stretch and who may be available in the coming weeks.

In your words, he has to play or be placed on IR. this is simply wrong. And idiotic. 

He has been available.

He is not playing.

And you’re good with that with the way some of our players are laying it on the line?

Tommy Doyle finished the Miami game with a torn ACL.

Why?

Because the team NEEDED him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deadstroke said:

Hey, I'm a homer and been loving and defending my team for many years.  I'm usually always in a player's corner when he may be questioned for underperforming; but this thing with Tre has gone on too long.  The latest reports now have him fully healthy but perhaps not too confident of his health/current abilities. 

He's getting paid a ton of money and it's time to earn it now when the team really need him.  The pass defense is getting abused big time.  It's time for Tre to show up and help out.

Hey everyone is losing patience but it’s management’s responsibility to get him out there. Jobs are on the line if we can’t keep winning. If the guy has been cleared to play, do you think he’s telling them he’s not ready mentally? Get him out there, with a brace if necessary, and spot him limited reps. Get him a sports psychologist to build him up. Let’s go, it’s a year already. He’s a free agent soon.

3 minutes ago, KellyToTasker said:

I’m certainly not saying you’re wrong. But you’re comparing your situation (1980s medical and a service connected/sponsored sports team) to the NFL (current medical advancements/multi-billion dollar industry). 30+ years in medical advancements alone make it not comparable. 

My point is the MENTAL aspect of the surgery and recovery. Mentally it's the same today as it was in the 80's and before. "

Medical advancement aside, it's his head(possibly) that is the issue.

59 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s not over a year, it won’t even be a year until thanksgiving.  

No two players recover the same. 

Tre is not why we have 3 losses.  All 3 losses are on the offense and Bass.

Playoffs are substantially more important than regular season.  

I mean, sure. This is the same list of convenient excuses folks have been making for the past month, and I guess will continue to make as this goes into the last quarter of the season.

I understand my place as a fan, meaning, nothing I say or ask really affects anything in the Bills' lives, so I dont think it's unreasonable to be wondering what is going on and when he'll be coming back. Especially when it is our Defensive Secondary unit that has been demolished by injuries and we are desperate for serviceable players.

I'm curious at what point you would start asking? You waiting until the playoffs to question it? The Pats game?

I'll be waiting to see, just like you. But damn, already...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

He has been available.

He is not playing.

And you’re good with that with the way some of our players are laying it on the line?

Tommy Doyle finished the Miami game with a torn ACL.

Why?

Because the team NEEDED him.

Yes. With what is known and not known at this time, yup.

And let's say it was all mental and the team decided they can't deal with this this season and IR'ED him, I would:

A. Understand.

B. Not be mad or critical of Tre White. 

I don't believe Tre is out there stealing money. I trust the Bills to do what is best for team and player. They have earned that from me. He has earned that in his short time from me as a fan. 

Just now, Returntoglory said:

My point is the MENTAL aspect of the surgery and recovery. Mentally it's the same today as it was in the 80's and before. "

Medical advancement aside, it's his head(possibly) that is the issue.

Doctors, teams, players have much more confidence in today’s procedures/rehab. He is falling into the exception category. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

I think you need to clarify what those "latest reports" to which you refer are about.

I think those "latest reports" are all speculation from outside the building - you know, the same sources that had Allen out for 3-4 weeks with a UCL

He is at practice with no injury designation.