Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

I get it, he’s an awesome dude but I’m a fan of the “Buffalo Bills” not any one player over the team, It’s obvious from McDermott’s latest comments on the matter that White needs to suit up.

It’s a tough break for White to suffer the injury and feel as though he can’t trust the leg, but like McDermott said, at some point you just have to go.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, BillyBilliams said:

It is correct.  He's being considered a healthy scratch.  Just like A.J. Klein is.  And if you're trying to do a "gotcha" thing with Tanner Gentry, you're a fool.  Absolutely no way they'd line him up in a WR role.  He's nothing more than a ST.

Strangely enough, Gentry has played exactly 2% of the ST snaps this season - ONE (1) whole ST snap.  Gentry is NOT and has never been a special teamer.  It would give him more chances in the NFL if he were!  On the other hand, Gentry has taken 18 snaps in 2 games at WR.  So I would say the Bills in fact do line him up in a WR role, ayou tagging me as a "fool" with the rejoinder you used, may perhaps not be the "pwn" you believe it to be and in fact looks a little ironic.

You said we have only 4 active WR.  The FACT is we had 5 active WR yesterday.

You implied the Bills should IR Tre so they can sign another WR to the 53 man roster.  Who is that WR going to be?  "Next man up" from the practice squad is now Gentry, since the Giants grabbed Hodgins off waivers.  Strangely enough, the Bills were able to activate Gentry from the PS without IRing Tre.

Now if you want the Bills to IR Tre and sign another non-retired WR out of street clothes or off another team's practice squad who is better than Gentry, that's fine - but who is this more contributory WR who can walk in the door and play that week supposed to be?

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, Deadstroke said:

Hey, I'm a homer and been loving and defending my team for many years.  I'm usually always in a player's corner when he may be questioned for underperforming; but this thing with Tre has gone on too long.  The latest reports now have him fully healthy but perhaps not too confident of his health/current abilities. 

He's getting paid a ton of money and it's time to earn it now when the team really need him.  The pass defense is getting abused big time.  It's time for Tre to show up and help out.

Where did you get your medical degree?  Also, can you share your notes with us from when you examined Tre and worked with him on his rehab so we can all be on the same page as you with this over the top demand you have placed on him.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Where did you get your medical degree?  Also, can you share your notes with us from when you examined Tre and worked with him on his rehab so we can all be on the same page as you with this over the top demand you have placed on him.  

I feel like an over the top demand would have been expecting him back to start the season, or maybe even at the Bye. It's week 11, going on week 12. It's over a year since the injury. Guys who have had the same injury after Tre are already back playing. His coach and loyal team analysts have made comments that he needs to come back. You could take some of Josh's comments last week regarding his injury to be directed at getting Tre back.

This is on Tre right now, and it's not unreasonable for fans to be questioning wtf is going on with him.

• Thank you (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

This is ridiculous. The point is he’s cleared and can play. It’s mental and that’s on Tre. He needs to get right and get on the field because he’s been cleared for several weeks now and he plays a position that we need help with. 

My son tore his acl 3 days before Christmas last year and he had surgery at the end of January. He got cleared the middle of October and was back playing basketball (a sport that requires a lot of lateral movement) the next day. He hasn’t had any issues with trusting his knee. 

Cleared to play and ready to play are not remotely the same thing though.  He was cleared to return to practice sure.  But he still hasn’t played a down of football in a year.  He still has to get into game shape, he still has to test the injury and see how it’s responding, he still has to rebuild all the strength and ability to cut and change directions, etc etc.  

Sorry, no disrespect but he will be ready when he’s ready.  The absolute worst thing to do would be to rush him back into the game.  

And the reality is…we lost to Vikings because we fumbled the game away after the game was over.  We lost to Dolphins because Bass missed a FG, we lost to Jets because they hit their 50+ yard FG and we missed ours.

In other words, if not for the offense, we would be undefeated right now.  

Tre is not the problem.  For people to pile on someone not coming back sooner from a serious injury is not really fair to Tre.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

I feel like an over the top demand would have been expecting him back to start the season, or maybe even at the Bye. It's week 11, going on week 12. It's over a year since the injury. Guys who have had the same injury after Tre are already back playing. His coach and loyal team analysts have made comments that he needs to come back. You could take some of Josh's comments last week regarding his injury to be directed at getting Tre back.

This is on Tre right now, and it's not unreasonable for fans to be questioning wtf is going on with him.

to the bolded - Huh?

It's certainly reasonable for fans to be questioning WTF is going on with Tre, especially since McDermott has been mum on that point.  But jumping to conclusions like "he's fully cleared and able to play and just mentally weak and he needs to Get Over It" does seem unreasonable to me.

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Beast said:

Then IR him. If he’s physically ready and not taking the field just move on. Deal with it in the off-season.

Or how about just wait it out and see what happens.  Just IR him because he hasn’t played yet would an irrational decision.  If he says he’s done for the year, IR him.  When was the last time you had a conversation with Tre?  What did he tell you…..

making these kind of decisions from the couch without any real knowledge of the situation is 💩

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

It’s not over a year, it won’t even be a year until thanksgiving.  

No two players recover the same. 

Tre is not why we have 3 losses.  All 3 losses are on the offense and Bass.

Playoffs are substantially more important than regular season.  

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, julian said:

I get it, he’s an awesome dude but I’m a fan of the “Buffalo Bills” not any one player over the team, It’s obvious from McDermott’s latest comments on the matter that White needs to suit up.

It’s a tough break for White to suffer the injury and feel as though he can’t trust the leg, but like McDermott said, at some point you just have to go.

Huh?

The only "latest comments" I've heard from McDermott about Tre White are "He's not ready to play" and "I'm not going to go into that"

Just now, Beck Water said:

Huh?

The only "latest comments" I've heard from McDermott about Tre White are "He's not ready to play" and "I'm not going to go into that"

It's a mental issue at this point for White, although I wonder if he looks really bad in practice and is getting smoked?