Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

Just now, BillyBilliams said:

The Injury report.  He's not on it.  He's physically healthy to play.

Players go on the injury report when....wait for it...they're injured in a game and receiving treatment, or are limited and don't fully participate in practice.

Players coming off IR or PUP do NOT go on injury report for the same injury when they are practicing fully (and possibly still receiving "routine" treatments).

"Practicing fully" does not necessarily mean "performing better than Elam and Benford in practice"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

How do you know this?

Because he's on the active roster and is not on the injury report.  If he was not cleared, the Buffalo Bills would be violating NFL rules and would lose draft picks if he wasn't.  These inactive are also known as "Healthy Scratches."

4 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

How do you know this?

I don’t think it’s too hard to figure out with White having been back at practice a while, McDermott and Eric Woods and Chris Brown’s comments.

It appears all about confidence at this point. He’s physically ready but not mentally. 

IMO, it’s time he plays or goes on IR. And that is no bash on White. It’s just time to lace them up because the team needs you and you are physically ready or look forward to next season if he can’t mentally get over the hurdle.

One or the other.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillyBilliams said:

Considering we have 4 active receivers, I'd say WR is an important spot that needs players.....

I see 5 active WR on yesterday's gameday roster.  Strangely enough, this was achieved through NFL rules without the need to inactivate Tre White on IR.

Because he's on the active roster and is not on the injury report.  If he was not cleared, the Buffalo Bills would be violating NFL rules and would lose draft picks if he wasn't.  These inactive are also known as "Healthy Scratches."

See above.  This is not correct.

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

Players go on the injury report when....wait for it...they're injured in a game and receiving treatment, or are limited and don't fully participate in practice.

Players coming off IR or PUP do NOT go on injury report for the same injury when they are practicing fully (and possibly still receiving "routine" treatments).

"Practicing fully" does not necessarily mean "performing better than Elam and Benford in practice"

So you agree then?  He's physically able to play.  Nobody is saying we want 50 snaps.  Putting him in for 10-15 snaps a game isn't asking for a lot.

• Thank you (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Beast said:

Is it?

There were posters saying that Eric Wood and Chris Brown were starting to question Tre White’s desire to start playing in yesterdays pre-game show.

Transcript? Not that I'm saying some posters are unreliable in interpretation of events. But I'd love to read or hear exactly what they said. 

• Like (+1) 1

I know the OP is getting slammed for the post but the more this goes on the less wrong he is.    You have teammates getting shot up with painkillers to get through a game and despite being healthy you aren't mentally ready?  This isn't MLB or Basketball where teams can afford rest games for their stars.   Its time for Tre to play.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

I see 5 active WR on yesterday's gameday roster.  Strangely enough, this was achieved through NFL rules without the need to inactivate Tre White on IR.

See above.  This is not correct.

It is correct.  He's being considered a healthy scratch.  Just like A.J. Klein is.  And if you're trying to do a "gotcha" thing with Tanner Gentry, you're a fool.  Absolutely no way they'd line him up in a WR role.  He's nothing more than a ST.

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

Transcript? Not that I'm saying some posters are unreliable in interpretation of events. But I'd love to read or hear exactly what they said. 

When is the last time you read a transcript of what was said on the radio during a Bills pre-game show?

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

I know the OP is getting slammed for the post but the more this goes on the less wrong he is.    You have teammates getting shot up with painkillers to get through a game and despite being healthy you aren't mentally ready?  This isn't MLB or Basketball where teams can afford rest games for their stars.   Its time for Tre to play.

I've been getting slammed for 2 weeks now.  I'm feeling more and more proud of my stance as each game passes.  Right now Tre White is $17M in dead cap for this team.  It's preventing us from being a serious contender for OBJ.

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

So you agree then?  He's physically able to play.  Nobody is saying we want 50 snaps.  Putting him in for 10-15 snaps a game isn't asking for a lot.

No, that's not what I said.   Being uninjured does not mean "physically able to play a game at a level better than the other DB can put forth right now".

Giving a guy 10-15 snaps a game is a luxury of preseason.  If a guy is on the active gameday roster, the Bills need to believe he can play a game.

Just now, BillyBilliams said:

It is correct.  He's being considered a healthy scratch.  Just like A.J. Klein is.  And if you're trying to do a "gotcha" thing with Tanner Gentry, you're a fool.  Absolutely no way they'd line him up in a WR role.  He's nothing more than a ST.

So IR Tre White so we can sign the next great practice squad wr. Maybe we can talk Jerry Rice out of retirement?

So it's Tre White plays on Thursday or he's preventing us from signing Jerry Rice... Got it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Beast said:

When is the last time you read a transcript of what was said on the radio during a Bills pre-game show?

Does GR archive the recordings to listen to? Idk, I've never looked. But I'd legitimately love to hear what was actually said. 

Just now, Motorin' said:

So IR Tre White so we can sign the next great practice squad wr. Maybe we can talk Jerry Rice out of retirement?

So it's Tre White plays on Thursday or he's preventing us from signing Jerry Rice... Got it. 

At least that practice squad player will be on the field trying to play for this team.