Tre'Davious White - when will he be ready?

Deadstroke

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

It’s not over a year, it won’t even be a year until thanksgiving.  

No two players recover the same. 

Tre is not why we have 3 losses.  All 3 losses are on the offense and Bass.

Playoffs are substantially more important than regular season.  

I don't agree necessarily that all 3 losses are on the offense and Bass.  For example, the defense giving up 174 and 147 rushing yards and allowing the Vikings to convert 3 of 5 4th downs would, IMHO, have something to do with the most recent losses.  I think missing Poyer may have had more impact there.

6 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Cleared to play and ready to play are not remotely the same thing though.  He was cleared to return to practice sure.  But he still hasn’t played a down of football in a year.  He still has to get into game shape, he still has to test the injury and see how it’s responding, he still has to rebuild all the strength and ability to cut and change directions, etc etc.  

Sorry, no disrespect but he will be ready when he’s ready.  The absolute worst thing to do would be to rush him back into the game.  

And the reality is…we lost to Vikings because we fumbled the game away after the game was over.  We lost to Dolphins because Bass missed a FG, we lost to Jets because they hit their 50+ yard FG and we missed ours.

In other words, if not for the offense, we would be undefeated right now.  

Tre is not the problem.  For people to pile on someone not coming back sooner from a serious injury is not really fair to Tre.  

Agree with all of this minus the bolded.  We lost each of those games for various reasons….none more so than Josh throwing terrible interceptions (minny and nyj) and a terrible throw to dirty for a TD (Miami).  He’s our franchise and he failed in all 3 games.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's a mental issue at this point for White, although I wonder if he looks really bad in practice and is getting smoked? 

You really don't know that.

It's possible that Tre looks bad in practice and is getting smoked, but that could entirely be a physical issue still.  There's a difference between physically healthy, and physically able to play NFL CB at a very high level.  The fact is we have had quite high level play from the combination of Jackson, Benford and Elam (albeit with rookie mistakes and miscues) most of the season.

You'll get pushback, but I'm starting to lean in this direction as well. 

Our Coach says nothing worth while on this topic. 

And we haven't heard from Tre in a year. 

It's now to the point where he isn't even up for debate on playing, he's just ruled out on Friday's now. 

12 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

What is with Bills fans and Tre this year? He's earned more than bizarre conspiracy theories and resentment. 

As long as he ramps up to speed by the playoffs I'm good. 

Yeah but you have nothing to base that on. 

You're just hoping. 

So 7-more weeks of him being out and just practicing fully with no injury designation and you're fine?

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Agree with all of this minus the bolded.  We lost each of those games for various reasons….none more so than Josh throwing terrible interceptions (minny and nyj) and a terrible throw to dirty for a TD (Miami).  He’s our franchise and he failed in all 3 games.  

Oh I agree, but despite all that happened in each game, it also came down to something as simple as a missed FG in Miami (not to mention a fumbled FG snap at end of half by backup snapper), and missed FG against Jets, and a fumbled snap by Allen.  Each of those games, despite any other issues those games, could have been won if not for those single plays.  

My main point was just that it was offensive issues that cost us those games, not Tre White not playing.

10 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't agree necessarily that all 3 losses are on the offense and Bass.  For example, the defense giving up 174 and 147 rushing yards and allowing the Vikings to convert 3 of 5 4th downs would, IMHO, have something to do with the most recent losses.  I think missing Poyer may have had more impact there.

None of that had anything to do with Tre is the point.  

We had chances to win all 3 games, and basically had won the Vikings game, but the offense lost us all 3.  

• Agree 1

Everyone heals differently but it will be interesting to see if Jameson Williams actually makes it back to live action before Tre. He tore is ACL in January of this year, about two months after Tre's injury.

This guy is a Detroit Lions senior writer and insider:

50 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I think you need to clarify what those "latest reports" to which you refer are about.

I think those "latest reports" are all speculation from outside the building - you know, the same sources that had Allen out for 3-4 weeks with a UCL

Reading between the lines, it seems pretty obvious that the team is becoming frustrated with him.

WGR personalities, namely Chris Brown on the pre-game show, don't openly question Tre White if they don't have the green light from the organization. 

I’m in the camp that thinks Tre has done enough for our team to get the benefit of the doubt here. It has been a year; the expectation is that he is ready based on other similar injury and recovery times. Ford field can be tricky. Let’s see if he is ready for games after this one.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Huh?

The only "latest comments" I've heard from McDermott about Tre White are "He's not ready to play" and "I'm not going to go into that"

“At some point we’ve got to go”

Puts the holdout squarely on White, not the organization, but does so in an understanding McD way.

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Reading between the lines, it seems pretty obvious that the team is becoming frustrated with him.

WGR personalities, namely Chris Brown on the pre-game show, don't openly question Tre White if they don't have the green light from the organization. 

Him and Eric Wood both were sort of going off about it on the pre-game show. I was surprised how much they had to say.

Poor Sal... He just had to do the "golly gee... which is... thanks guys!" routine and go to commercial. Sal sounded very uncomfortable after that segment, at least to me. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

29 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Or how about just wait it out and see what happens.  Just IR him because he hasn’t played yet would an irrational decision.  If he says he’s done for the year, IR him.  When was the last time you had a conversation with Tre?  What did he tell you…..

making these kind of decisions from the couch without any real knowledge of the situation is 💩

Again, with the recent comments and knowing White has been practicing for quite some time, I don’t understand why you believe it would be such a reach that frustration is building with this guy. We have a freaking QB laying it on the line after having his elbow bent in a way it shouldn’t be. Jordan Poyer with a huge Frankenstein brace on his elbow getting back out there.

And then we have Tre White practicing, on the active roster and not on the injury report.

Edited by Beast

13 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It's a mental issue at this point for White, although I wonder if he looks really bad in practice and is getting smoked? 

Either he’s not looking like himself in practice or he doesn’t feel ready.

The fact that McDermott won’t say which is it is strongly suggests it’s the latter.  

There’s no competitive disadvantage in saying he doesn’t look ready when you’re not going to play him.  But saying he doesn’t feel ready would be actively throwing him under the bus, and McDermott doesn’t do that to his players.

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

This is ridiculous. The point is he’s cleared and can play. It’s mental and that’s on Tre. He needs to get right and get on the field because he’s been cleared for several weeks now and he plays a position that we need help with. 

My son tore his acl 3 days before Christmas last year and he had surgery at the end of January. He got cleared the middle of October and was back playing basketball (a sport that requires a lot of lateral movement) the next day. He hasn’t had any issues with trusting his knee. 

Lateral movement and tackling, having others roll on that knee as well? Basket ball really has turned into a thug game!! Also, young folks tend to be more resilient than those who have some miles on the tires.. not saying Tre is old, just been at it a minute longer. 

Edited by WyoAZBillfan
  • Dislike 1