Week 11 Weather: Winter Storm Watch in place for this weekend, potential for major snowfall

Process

I closed my eyes, and came up with my model.  It might snow, it might not.  Could be a lot, might be a little. Depends where you live. Depends on which way the wind is blowing.  

100% sure of one thing.  Store shelves will be wiped out. Wegmans this morning is already nuts.  

Edited by LabattBlue

21 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Ironically November has huge potential for big snow events because the lake is relatively warmer and when colder air blows over it, it tends to pick up more moisture.

Oh that's why! I'm in Quebec, an even colder place, and you guys in Buffalo seem to get bigger storms, especially in November. I knew the lake effect but this explains why. 

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

How fantastic!  Game just went from "get right" to complete toss-up. 

I don't see how they play it in OP...it's likely going to get moved. Lots of smoke on that on Twitter already among people outside the area even.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I don't see how they play it in OP...it's likely going to get moved. Lots of smoke on that on Twitter already among people outside the area even.

If they do move to Detroit (for instance) - are my tickets good there? Or would need to buy new tickets through Det stadium? And get a refund from Bills?

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

I am out in Depew/Town of Lancaster and we got 4 feet of snow one day, worked our asses off for like 2-3 hours to clear that and then got hit with another 3 feet of snow the next day.  I was so dead tired from having to do most of the work by hand(the snow was so deep the snowblower was getting stuck) that I literally drove the cars out in the middle of the road with 7 feet of snow on them and took the shovel and dumped it on the street for the plow. Total A-Hole move but I didn't care at that point.

It was crazy in Lancaster area. My boss lived out there and my brother and I helped him get out a few days after. Just like you said there was 7 feet of snow on top of their cars.  He moved back to Cincinnati a few weeks later lol

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillies said:

If they do move to Detroit (for instance) - are my tickets good there? Or would need to buy new tickets through Det stadium? And get a refund from Bills?

When the moved the Bills Jets game to Detroit the tickets were free,  you could just show up and watch for free. They would for sure give you a refund if game gets moved elsewhere.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.