Week 11 Weather: Winter Storm Watch in place for this weekend, potential for major snowfall

Process

The Bills can still throw. Heck, I remember the snow game against the Colts where it was some key passes that won the game.

In fact, I give the Bills a big advantage if it is snow and not much wind. I’ll take Allen in those conditions any day over Brisette.

• Agree 2

4 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Why do people assume snow games require running?  Unless it is very windy, throwing the ball is highly effective as the WRs have the advantage of knowing where they are going and potential for big plays due to slipping and falling. We had quite a few snow games with the Kelly era Bills that were air raids. The wildcard playoff game against Miami for one.

A 44-34 free for all in 1990 as I recall! 😅 And yes, both offenses didn’t stop throwing the ball—Kelly 3 TDs 

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

Just now, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

A 44-34 free for all as I recall! 😅 And yes, both offenses didn’t stop throwing the ball—Kelly 3 TDs 

Yep! Still remember Reed on a crossing route going like 70 yards early in the game for a TD to give the Bills the lead.

• Thank you (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Beast said:

The Bills can still throw. Heck, I remember the snow game against the Colts where it was some key passes that won the game.

In fact, I give the Bills a big advantage if it is snow and not much wind. I’ll take Allen in those conditions any day over Brisette.

Agreed. It’s the wind that poses the problem. It’s still early, but the wind looks around 15 MPH, but gusts up to 30  MPH, which could be an issue.

Amazingly, the highest wind time of the entire week every week always seems to be around 1 PM on Sundays. It’s uncanny. 

6 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Agreed. It’s the wind that poses the problem. It’s still early, but the wind looks around 15 MPH, but gusts up to 30  MPH, which could be an issue.

Amazingly, the highest wind time of the entire week every week always seems to be around 1 PM on Sundays. It’s uncanny. 

yep - winds are usually highest in the afternoon I believe.  (Can’t remember the scientific explanation as to why)

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, par73 said:

Yes, it is horrible. It would be just fine with me if I never saw another snowflake.

Snow is not that bad. It's far better than hurricanes, tornadoes, heat waves, etc. that other places deal with.

I may be in the vast minority, but I believe Buffalo has some of the best weather in the country 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Brown vs Bills wouldn’t be Browns vs Bills without lake effect snow.

6 hours ago, Steptide said:

Just what the bills need, a game where throwing is difficult and they need a good run game 🙄

Weather makes everything equal. Browns have a great run game but if throwing is completely out of the question then Bills just load up the box.

The Bills will still throw the football. At least there will be the threat of throwing.

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not like heavy snow would favor a power running back.

Not really. Makes it easier to load the box. 

The fear I would have is Chub breaking one at some point though.  I could see 30 carries and we stuff 28, but he breaks a couple.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede

1 minute ago, Wacka said:

This week is the 8th anniversary of Snovember. The lake is at 54, a record for this date. The conditions are all lining up for a ton.

I always tell people happy when it’s 70 in November that warm at this time isn’t great because we can get slammed with lake effect if a storm comes through.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.