Week 11 Weather: Winter Storm Watch in place for this weekend, potential for major snowfall

Process

10 minutes ago, Simon said:

Because dedicating resources to plow private drives so guys didn't have to walk through 100' of snow would have been really stupid when they had so much other stuff to deal with at the last minute.

7 minutes ago, Simon said:

Are you seriously suggesting guys wouldn't have been able to leave their homes if their driveways weren't shoveled?

Is this a HOA thing? :doh: 

Based on the reports of players and coaches being left to their own devices regarding snow removal and the stories of fans helping them out of their driveways, then yeah I'd say it's pretty safe to assume some players could have missed or delayed the flight. 

2 minutes ago, MPT said:

Based on the reports of players and coaches being left to their own devices regarding snow removal and the stories of fans helping them out of their driveways, then yeah I'd say it's pretty safe to assume some players could have missed or delayed the flight. 

It's

A

Driveway

they're freaking professional athletes; I think they might have been able to find a way to walk down it without help 

Sorry coach, I can't play today because there's no way I can walk down the driveway. :lol:

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo716 said:

I’m not disagreeing I’m saying it should be on the players 

the organization does enough … the players can pay 400 dollars for a drain of snow plow

Okay, let's disregard where the money comes from. My point is that the team was not prepared for an orderly departure if players needed to be shoveled out of their driveways by their neighbors.

1 minute ago, Simon said:

It's

A

Driveway

they're freaking professional athletes; I think they might have been able to find a way to walk down it without help 

Sorry coach, I can't play today because there's no way I can walk down the driveway. :lol:

Look, I assume you've probably shoveled a good amount of snow in your life. So you know how exhausting it is. Players should not be dealing with that the day before a game regardless of their athletic abilities. 

It's not just about the physical exertion either. It's about the haphazard manner in which they had to travel to a game and how that affects their schedule and preparedness for the game.

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.