Week 11 Weather: Winter Storm Watch in place for this weekend, potential for major snowfall

Process

1 hour ago, Logic said:

This feels like one of those week where an insane weather event evens the playing field between two mismatched opponents.

In regular November weather, I feel confident the Bills would beat the Browns handily. If there's two feet of snow on the ground? My confidence level plummets, particularly considering we're going against a potent rushing attack.

Here's hoping that the Bills can find a rushing attack of their own, actually USE the talented stable of running backs they now possess, and overcome the weather and find their way to victory.

Interestingly, Brissett was the Colts' QB in that crazy 2017 snow game. 11-22 for 69 yards and a TD. Not good but understandable. Peterman and Joe Webb were 7-16 for 92 yards, a TD and and an Int. Something tells me that Josh Allen will perform a little better than that. My prediction is that both teams will be able to run the ball, but that only the Bills will be able to pass it. I don't see Amari Cooper as a snow guy. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Holy Cow…you would fit right in with the doomsday TV weather staffers in WNY. They will be unbearable the next 5-6 days.  

Yeah maybe...except I actually got more than that about 8 years ago to the day of the storm when initial predictions were far more tame than they are now.

If I got 70 inches, it would still be about a foot less than what we got 8 years ago.

The NWS doesn't issue extremely strongly worded watches and forecast discussions 72+ hours in advance for run of the mill storms.  Exceedingly rare.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Yeah maybe...except I actually got more than that about 8 years ago to the day of the storm when initial predictions were far more tame than they are now.

If I got 70 inches, it would still be about a foot less than what we got 8 years ago.

Maybe if you had 7 inches, maybe, you wouldn’t be bombing the forum and your own threads so much….again maybe.

🤭

• Haha (+1) 2

The more further north that low tracks through the Great Lakes, WNY will get dumped on more. Right now it's going through the middle.

When it comes outta The Soo... Look out! 

I love it, big snow brings back fond memories!

764166._UY630_SR1200,630_.jpg

19 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The NWS doesn't issue extremely strongly worded watches and forecast discussions 72+ hours in advance for run of the mill storms.  Exceedingly rare.

Because they know where the jet is heading.  Almost a sure bet.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

feet.

image.thumb.png.fad80be9ab3137114c2c8e3c9e106b66.png

47.8! 😆 🤣 

6 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I prefer an outdoor stadium but as far as an investment goes it really needed to be an indoor stadium, capable of hosting other events.  This makes another obvious need for a dome.

Dude, you would just wear your blue outfit and fly around trying to block an onsides kick by the opposing team. 

8 minutes ago, peterpan said:

I prefer an outdoor stadium but as far as an investment goes it really needed to be an indoor stadium, capable of hosting other events.  This makes another obvious need for a dome.

Maybe ask Tinkerbell to sprinkle some pixie dust on it?? Or is she still mad at you about Wendy?

Edited by Big Turk
  • Haha (+1) 1

Reminds me of the Browns-Bills game 15 years ago in Cleveland. Nowhere near the snow that is predicted now but absolutely a terrible weather game. I went to that game with a friend who had season tickets in the end zone and two other guys. The wind was so strong and blowing directly into our faces that it was impossible to watch without tilting our heads downward. We all lived in Erie then and decided that leaving after the 3rd quarter was the prudent thing to do. We tried walking back to the car with the wind at our backs and that wind was so strong that it forced us to run. After turning 90 degrees we couldn't physically stand up without grabbing on to the parked vehicles. We finally reached our car and headed east to Erie but soon got off I-90 to try to find better weather on Rt 20 and then Rt 5. Visibility was so bad that all four of us were watching what we thought was the road and giving the driver directions. Once we went to the right of a car that we thought was on the road and it was actually off the road to the right. How we survived is a miracle.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.