Week 11 Weather: Winter Storm Watch in place for this weekend, potential for major snowfall

Process

3 minutes ago, KHAN said:

With the Bills playing on Thanksgiving, what are the options here?

Could they possibly decide today to move the game to an unused facility Sunday? If they don't, and everything gets closed down, this game could get pushed back. Then the Thanksgiving game would have to be moved to the weekend. I'm sure the NFL wouldn't want that.

My guess is the league/bills are waiting to see what kind of snowfall happens Thursday into Friday and maybe even into Saturday. If it's substantial the game moves to Detroit so that the Thanksgiving game can still be played

The NFL is going to want to make sure that Thanksgiving game gets played on Thursday 

4 hours ago, thebug said:

So the Bills want to play on Monday and Thursday? 

Game could be moved to Saturday.

1 hour ago, HOUSE said:

You don't need show shovelers with a domed stadium.

BIG SAVINGS FOR TAX PAYERS

And how are people supposed to get into stadium when there are feet of snow in parking lots.

Did you get the idea on savings from your notes in Voodoo Economics textbook?

So far total silence from the Bills and the NFL on this.  The Bills' web site even has an article about the game called "Top 5 storylines to follow for Bills vs. Browns" but weather is apparently not one of the storylines to follow.

But they did do a uniform reveal: blue on blue (ugh).  Snow games are the ONLY time they should wear the red jammies.

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

My guess is the league/bills are waiting to see what kind of snowfall happens Thursday into Friday and maybe even into Saturday. If it's substantial the game moves to Detroit so that the Thanksgiving game can still be played

The NFL is going to want to make sure that Thanksgiving game gets played on Thursday 

They would have to make a decision probably by tomorrow.  There is so much that goes into a game and moving on 1 day notice…I don’t think it’s possible.

They will not have this game Sunday at OP. It will be called Thursday. 

Officials will not be in the position of seeing 70,000 people froze in cars, blocked behind stuck cars ( only Labatts for food ;) 

Team + NFL are quiet because they’re working on it and anything they say today is wrong tomorrow. 

P.s. anyone want six tickets?

Edited by Since1981

1 minute ago, Since1981 said:

Officials will not be in the position of seeing 70,000 people froze in cars, blocked behind stuck cars ( only Labatts for food ;) 

anyone want six tickets?

Plus trying to drive home in the snow after drinking many beers. What could possibly go wrong.

4 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

Team + NFL are quiet because they’re working on it and anything they say today is wrong tomorrow. 

I could live on Barley sandwiches. At least for a day or two. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, KHAN said:

With the Bills playing on Thanksgiving, what are the options here?

Could they possibly decide today to move the game to an unused facility Sunday? If they don't, and everything gets closed down, this game could get pushed back. Then the Thanksgiving game would have to be moved to the weekend. I'm sure the NFL wouldn't want that.

they have to move it to detroit,i really believe this is the only option,if they our correct on the band placement and timing the airport and 90 will b shut down sunday am(or for probably most of the weekend),then after the game the 219 will be compromized,let alone the logistical nightmare of the stadium and parking lots,remember this is consider a "crippling" event by many professionals

4 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

anyone want six tickets?

Has there been one thing from the team or the NFL about this?  I'm seeing a lot from fans but nothing official.  As of now, the updated forecast shows Sunday as flurries, cold and windy...but the big snow even will be over by Saturday.  It looks like the worst weather will be Thursday night into early Fri.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

They would have to make a decision probably by tomorrow.  There is so much that goes into a game and moving on 1 day notice…I don’t think it’s possible.

As long as they are working on the details in the background they could wait but yes I agree most likely the decision will be made tomorrow at the latest 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

anyone want six tickets?

70zvpe.jpg

• Haha (+1) 4

14 minutes ago, Since1981 said:

I'll take 3!!!!!

Buffalo weather is why I never returned home to Buffalo after leaving in 1985. Early home games beyond Sept are likely to encounter rains and high winds, the followed by crappy winter weather. Sorry, but a dome would have been appropriate 50 years ago and still would be today.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.