Wawrow hints an Internal Issues with the Bills

CountDorkula

8 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

All this sudden Dorsey hate is comical

We put up 30 points with 4 turnovers. 

What I find most comical are the rose colored Daboll glasses.

These Bills have slumped before and Daboll received his fair share of the blame. At this time last season, when the Bills were alternating wins and losses (including that wretched Jacksonville game… ugh!) there were PLENTY of message board members that were hoping Daboll would grab a head job and get out of Buffalo.

This is who these Bills are. They are the most streaky team in the NFL. When they are on a hot streak, I find myself asking, “Who could possibly stop this team?” When they are on a cold streak, it feels more like, “How did this team ever work?” They are that streaky.

Compound this with their ominous playoff record (have won every home game, have lost every away game) and the fact that there’s that guy in KC… I think we can all feel just how big yesterday’s loss was.

So the hate is at least understandable… but the rose colored Daboll glasses… I don’t buy that for a minute.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, muppy said:

The fact the Bills are on a TWO game losing skid is very concerning. And if there are issues and internal squabbles and disagreements that would surprise me zero. It is healthier to vent and voice things than to simmer and fester unsaid. These men are Professionals and high achievers. Do they take losing lightly?

NOPE nor should they. NFL= Not For Long. Get healthier and things will be better. As far as #17 and his decisions lately I hope he listens to the vets around him and stay OFF social media. 

BUT as professionals and as transparent as what I hear and read spoken from 1BD we surely don't know everything being said behind th scenes.. Who is calling out who?

It reads that JW is reputable but this kind of tweet alluding to trouble could also be interpreted as clickbait for the disgruntled

*shrugs*

***correction

The last two teams to win the SB were the Bucs and Rams...both of whom had similar stretches in the middle of the year. TB lost 3 of 4 games including a 38-3 blowout to NO and were 7-5. Rams lost 3 in a row including a 31-10 rout by the 49ers and were 7-4.

Both recovered and lost a total of one  game after that combined on the way to their SB wins.

There is no reason the Bills can't do this. They have the talent to. They just need to stop beating themselves firstly. Because they haven't had another team beat them yet this year in all honesty.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The issue with McDermott is simply that he has a hard time getting his team focused in the dog days of the season.    Happens every year.

I don't think yesterday started like this, but the defense definitely took a turn for the worse once the Bills went ahead 17. The Cook run followed, and you have to wonder how the Edmunds "injury" (announcers were saying he was out on the field horsing around after the Benford roughing call on the sideline) played with the team.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

I don't think yesterday started like this, but the defense definitely took a turn for the worse once the Bills went ahead 17. The Cook run followed, and you have to wonder how the Edmunds "injury" (announcers were saying he was out on the field horsing around after the Benford roughing call on the sideline) played with the team.

Wow a way to blame Edmunds.  Originality meter pinned on this one.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

This is new to me, which roughing call? Do you mean the pass interference? How was Edmunds horsing around? 

Everybody wants to be appreciated for their contributions. Especially when those contributions were above and beyond. I wonder if the $120 million contract to a ringer didn't ruffle some feathers for the vet core who know they were the reason for the turnaround of the entire franchise.

6 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

This is new to me, which roughing call? Do you mean the pass interference? How was Edmunds horsing around? 

Benford ripped a guy two steps out of bounds and they threw a personal foul. They said Diggs and Edmunds were out talking or something to that effect. I don't remember the exact quote, or if it was Murph/Wood or Davis/Johnston. And maybe they got the number wrong.

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The last two teams to win the SB were the Bucs and Rams...both of whom had similar stretches in the middle of the year. TB lost 3 of 4 games including a 38-3 blowout to NO and were 7-5. Rams lost 3 in a row including a 31-10 rout by the 49ers and were 7-4.

Both recovered and lost a total of one  game after that combined on the way to their SB wins.

There is no reason the Bills can't do this. They have the talent to. They just need to stop beating themselves firstly. Because they haven't had another team beat them yet this year in all honesty.

There is no reason the Bills can't win on the road in the playoffs...........but they are 0-4 on the road in the playoffs with McD (0-3 with Allen and he played poorly in 2 of those).    

Neither the Rams nor the Bucs were the best teams in their conference those years but the difference is that they didn't have a track record of losing on the road like this Bills team has.    McVay and, of course, Brady had both reached SB's playing on the road in prior years.

20 minutes ago, schoolhouserock said:

What I find most comical are the rose colored Daboll glasses.

These Bills have slumped before and Daboll received his fair share of the blame. At this time last season, when the Bills were alternating wins and losses (including that wretched Jacksonville game… ugh!) there were PLENTY of message board members that were hoping Daboll would grab a head job and get out of Buffalo.

This is who these Bills are. They are the most streaky team in the NFL. When they are on a hot streak, I find myself asking, “Who could possibly stop this team?” When they are on a cold streak, it feels more like, “How did this team ever work?” They are that streaky.

Compound this with their ominous playoff record (have won every home game, have lost every away game) and the fact that there’s that guy in KC… I think we can all feel just how big yesterday’s loss was.

So the hate is at least understandable… but the rose colored Daboll glasses… I don’t buy that for a minute.

The people that wanted Daboll gone were silly lol that’s very clear.

The 2022 Bills are 21st in the NFL in Redzone percentage. That is worse than the 2018 and 2019 years and PART of that is on Kenny

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

There is no reason the Bills can't win on the road in the playoffs...........but they are 0-4 on the road in the playoffs with McD (0-3 with Allen and he played poorly in 2 of those).    

Neither the Rams nor the Bucs were the best teams in their conference those years but the difference is that they didn't have a track record of losing on the road like this Bills team has.    McVay and, of course, Brady had both reached SB's playing on the road in prior years.

We still have half the season to play...let's see what happens before we assume the Bills will need to be on the road. Last year many assumed they would lose the division to the Patriots after 12 games.

Just now, FireChans said:

The people that wanted Daboll gone were silly lol that’s very clear.

The 2022 Bills are 21st in the NFL in Redzone percentage. That is worse than the 2018 and 2019 years and PART of that is on Kenny

The lack of designed Allen runs is noticeable there. He excelled at those.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, McBean said:

Let’s hope those internal issues are Brandon Beane finally realizing that Sean McDermott is Doug Collins. I hope Beane takes a look at the 7-2 New York Giants, with way less talent, and realizes what the real problem is. 

Do the right thing Beane and hire a bright offensive minded HC, or we’re going to waste a generational talent in Josh Allen.

This is a dramatic post, but it may be warranted.

The funny thing is, I have always assumed McDermott out-ranks Beane in the organizational structure, such that "firing" McDermott is not an option for Beane.

I DO think that McDermott could fire Beane though! 

I also agree that Beane is the special one here; we need to keep him forever.

McDermott?  As I've said for years, he's expendable.

If they want to upgrade him THIS OFFSEASON and go for an offensive genius, I'm all in.

We have the talent and structure in place to functionally transition to the new regime.

3 hours ago, schoolhouserock said:

Wait… I thought LAST week was the week for wild speculation?

John Wawrow is a beat reporter who knows the team really well.  And he's usually pretty fair too.

This comment coming from him does NOT qualify as "wild speculation."

Comments about what exactly is going on might be wild speculation, but Wawrow has said something is going on over there.  That's good enough for me to assume it's true.

To what degree?  Over what?  We don't know.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I feel like that is a very skewed statistic.

1) Without Allen, and probably didn't belong in the playoffs, except by the graces of Cincinatti.

2) Allen's first playoff game

3) Legitimately beat by KC

4) Fluke loss to KC

I am not sure I accept that sample as some basis of not being able to win on the road in the playoffs.

Similarly, I don't think we are unbeatable at home because we are 3-0 at home in the playoffs

1) Beat the Colts

2) Beat the Ravens

3) Beat the Patriots

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, extrahammer said:

I'm sure he's got to manage a relationship with the Bills too. And they probably don't want him spilling secrets. 

He has to answer to his journalistic integrity long before he has to answer to the Bills.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

We still have half the season to play...let's see what happens before we assume the Bills will need to be on the road. Last year many assumed they would lose the division to the Patriots after 12 games.

Yeah, many did.........but I was not one of them.

An easy schedule made it LIKELY that they would finish strong and win the division and get one of the top 4 seeds and get a home wildcard game.

Of course they were only the 3rd seed because Cinci intentionally tanked their finale to line themselves up with TN in the divisional round...........the midseason swoon was COSTLY.    

The Bills were never really back in the race for the top 2 seeds after the NE/Tampa failures.    Now they are in the trail position again and unfortunately they don't have the pathetic lineup of teams on the tail end that they had last Dec/Jan.    The annual malaise needs to end this week.   The Chiefs have a very easy schedule.    

• Like (+1) 1