Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

But you understand we can’t run the ball right? If that was even a possibility then absolutely. We are incapable of running the ball. Even in extremely light boxes from the fear of a rocket arm MVP QB…what’s it going to look like with a noodle arm journeyman back up. People have to kind of start looking at this realistically. Josh Allen and Diggs are the offense.

You are not right in assuming because we don't try to run, that we cannot. These are professional football players. They can run the ball, if they decide to scheme and game plan for that.

The real question will be, can Dorsey come up with scheme and play designs to turn the Bills into a running team? In this, I question the possibility. Do these plays even exist in our 2022 playbook? There's no time to install new plays during in-season practices.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

When you say we can't afford to, you're talking about the #1 seed right? Not the playoffs? We are going to make the playoffs even if Allen misses a game or two. Why risk the rest of Allen's season just to maximize our odds of getting the #1 seed? The #1 seed is the dream, but it isn't the goal.

If Allen does play, I could see a scenario where if the Bills get up big, they would switch to Keenum to limit Allen's time playing thru pain. 

If he can go, let him go. I think shelfing him to avoid risk is not the right way to go.  The AFC is highly competitive and if we are indeed all in, we need to take risk.  I have zero confidence in our back up qb.  If Josh sits 2 weeks, we are likely going to lose 2 games.  Then we are in a dog race for a wild card and some road playoff games.  We have waited long enough.  Time to take the risks - every super bowl team needs to accept risk to get the reward.  

Same with Tre' - if we are truly all in, then we need to be all in!

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There is a risk. If he puts stress on the UCL before it heals properly the injury could linger. Unfortunately the best course of action may be to put him on the shelf for a couple weeks. Even if that costs the #1 seed the most important thing is making it to the playoffs with everyone healthy, especially Josh.

Time for this offense to figure out its run and screen game while Superman is sidelined. By the time he comes back maybe we'll have a more productive offense waiting for him.

The UCL isn't used very much in throwing for QBs.  The only real issue would happen if he was hit in the same way again before it healed, which is unlikely as it was almost 4 years between these types of hits.

1 hour ago, BillyBilliams said:

I mean, if him getting hit in his arm would cause a full tear, what's the difference with him being fully healthy and potentially getting hit like that and getting a sprain to a tear?  If it's not a risk of making it worse by throwing the ball, I think they should let him decide of the pain can be tolerated.  I have heard it could affect the grip of the football and accuracy.  I say let him play, but if he clearly doesn't look right (throwing power and accuracy is greatly diminished), then you put Keenum in.  

Allen didn't look right throwing the ball vs the Jets when healthy. Just saying...Sit him for a game or 2 and let him get healthy and clear his head and eyes. Casey can throw equally bad INTs too. 

• Eyeroll 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

10 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

You do understand that in order to win a division and become the #1 seed, that all games are important…even NFC opponents.

Cute.

You do realize division games are much more important when it comes to deciding who will win the division?

After our next three games, we play three straight games vs division opponents. That's what will likely decide who wins the afce.

If sitting Allen three weeks allows him to come back 100%, that's better than him dealing with a lingering injury all season long. 

Even if we go 1-2 with Keenum, the Bills with a 100% Allen are capable of winning 6 straight and still finishing 13-4. 

Of course, this includes a lot of speculation about the injury and healing process. 

Edited by Process
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Negan said:

Some fans are ready for that it seems, I'm not and I hope this team isn't either. 

Over the last 3 games in Arrowhead we're 2-1, and the loss was because of one of the worst coaching blunders of all time. Of course I'd prefer to get Mahomes in Buffalo in January but people are acting like if we're not the #1 seed we're doomed. Everyone knows the team is a lot better than it's shown these last couple weeks. We need to get everyone healthy as we head into the playoffs.

If you told me right now we could sit Allen for 2 games to guarantee he is fully healthy for the rest of the season but also guarantee us the #5 seed at best, I would take that over starting Allen if I knew the risk of re-injury or prolonging the injury was reasonably high.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

You are not right in assuming because we don't try to run, that we cannot. These are professional football players. They can run the ball, if they decide to scheme and game plan for that.

The real question will be, can Dorsey come up with scheme and play designs to turn the Bills into a running team? In this, I question the possibility. Do these plays even exist in our 2022 playbook? There's no time to install new plays during in-season practices.

If you have watched this team the last 4 years, Allen is the run game. I hate it. I wanted balance even in the height of the high flying video game crazy points run. This style isn’t sustainable and you need balance. At this point, we can’t block it up, we don’t design runs properly, we don’t commit to it and we lack physicality at the point of attack. I hate it. I want a team that runs regularly. Certainly I can’t see a way for that to change now with LESS of a fear of a downfield passing game. Let’s use our head here

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

If you have watched this team the last 4 years, Allen is the run game. I hate it. I wanted balance even in the height of the high flying video game crazy points run. This style isn’t sustainable and you need balance. At this point, we can’t block it up, we don’t design runs properly, we don’t commit to it and we lack physicality at the point of attack. I hate it. I want a team that runs regularly. Certainly I can’t see a way for that to change now with LESS of a fear of a downfield passing game. Let’s use our head here

So you hate the style of the best Bills team since the early 90’s by a country mile? Interesting that all that winning is not entertaining enough. Why bother watching ? 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.