We're still top seed in the AFC

The Red King

Just a reminder that while this loss hurts our chances at homefield, it didn't cost us it.

Buffalo's wins over KC and Tenn. give us the tiebreaker over both, as well as the tiebreaker in a three-way tie.

We're still in the pole position.  We just let some cars get right up our butt.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

Just now, LabattBlue said:

What positives do you get from this game?   The huge impact that Hines & Marlowe made?  Josh’s amazing poor play?  Run defense? Coaching?

Seems like everyone healthy coming out of this game (Groot maybe only one, Josh’s elbow???)

Still top in AFCE

Still top in AFC 

pretty good position after week 9 football right? 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Sammy Watkins' Rib said:

With four division games left it feels like we have one more division loss in us. The teams in our division are not push overs. Bills would do well to go 3-1 against the division to finish the season. Let that sink in. Then we still got games against Minnesota and Cincinnati. 

Minny at home doesn’t really worry me, they needed a last minute field goal to beat the commanders on the road today.

8 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Just a reminder that while this loss hurts our chances at homefield, it didn't cost us it.

Buffalo's wins over KC and Tenn. give us the tiebreaker over both, as well as the tiebreaker in a three-way tie.

We're still in the pole position.  We just let some cars get right up our butt.

Doesn't do us a lot of good if we don't win the AFC East. And right now, we are very much behind the 8 ball starting 0-2.

4 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Doesn't do us a lot of good if we don't win the AFC East. And right now, we are very much behind the 8 ball starting 0-2.

How does Leading the AFCE equal being behind the 8 ball?

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

We went through a brutal gauntlet at the beginning of the season and came out of it Six and two now we’re predicting losses

ok

I'm not sure the first seven games were as difficult as previously thought. The next seven are probably just as difficult. Titans were a mess when we played them and then rolled off 5 straight wins. Packers are garbage. Detroit on Thanksgiving is a tougher game. Rams are really bad. Dolphins are good and we lost to them. Jets are pretty good and we lost to them. We will play both again to end the season. Plus the Bengals and Vikings. I still think we can sweep the Pats but who knows if they stole one from us I wouldn't be shocked. But i do think they are a level below the Jets and Dolphins.

• Like (+1) 1

This thread was only to point out where we stand right now.  I've seen some people talk like we lost homefield today and wanted to set the record straight.  Think of it as a PSA.  This isn't the thread to discuss how they played today, or concerns going forward.  Already another thread for that.

2 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Beane will draft a linebacker in the first and give Allen another late rounders “playmaker”. We will be “fine”…

DE in the 2nd, a slow RB in the 3rd, and a raw OT in the 6th sounds about right 

Edited by Bangarang
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I was thinking they'd go for a DT again.

It’s insane. Enough is enough. We have a generational qb and stick him with JAGs outside of Diggs. It’s criminal…

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

DE in the 2nd, a slow RB in the 3rd sounds fitting, and a raw OT in the 6th sounds about right 

Yeah…an OT that gets picked up by another team off our practice squad. Meanwhile…our 2nd round DE can’t even make the box score in year 3…

Edited by whorlnut

None of this has to do with the thread topic.  There are other, appropriate, threads to complain in.

It's like somebody posting a thread "Stadium traffic lighter then expected today", and people replying "Not as many people there because we didn't draft an o-line." and "Less reason to watch because we don't have a #2 wideout!".  Please, keep it on-topic, peeps.

25 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So explain to me how Is leading the AFCE with 4 division games left behind the eight ball again. 

Probably because any one loss to any team at this point, including the NFC's 6-2 Vikings next week, puts us in 3rd place in our division? It's not that hard man. We have completely squandered any margin for error we had at this point

I'll feel a lot better about us going on a run to lock up the #1 seed if the following things happen, in order of importance:

1) Get Tre White back in the lineup. We cannot run the defense we want without our #1 CB on an island.

2) Sign OBJ. I don't care if we have to restructure contracts and sacrifice the future a bit. We need a true all around #2 WR. Get him here and ramp him up to hopefully be fully integrated into the offense by December.

3) Defense needs to get healthy. We're already undermanned without Hyde, losing Milano and Poyer and Rousseau is too much attrition to make up for when our offense has an off day.

4) Get Hines acclimated and start punishing defenses for backing off. We started doing this with Cook more today and it was working. Hines has elite speed so that brings another plus factor to that part of our offense.

If we aren't able to make some of those changes fast then the #1 seed, possibly even the division, will slip away from us.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

We're 0 and 2 in the division.  I don't like that even if we are still the to seed in the AFC.  

It wouldn't matter as much if our division was sub par. But every team in it currently has a winning record. So yes, you are correct and it does absolutely matter

Edited by buffblue

49 minutes ago, The Red King said:

This thread was only to point out where we stand right now.  I've seen some people talk like we lost homefield today and wanted to set the record straight.  Think of it as a PSA.  This isn't the thread to discuss how they played today, or concerns going forward.  Already another thread for that.

So the thread is just to put out a statement...and then no replies? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.