Bills trade for Nyheim Hines

BLeonard

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Hines may get more touches than Singeltary.  We don't have Jonathan Taylor.

No way. Singletary has been great. This is either about depth, kick returning, and an experienced pass catching rb for cook mature alongside instead of going in with the rookie alone.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

19 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I don't get it, the biggest areas of need are IOL and S

This is completely irrelevant to the trade deadline and trades being made. No IOL or S were available. Doesnt mean you just give up improving your roster overall because your biggest needs cant be addressed.

edit: Plus, Beane picked up a Safety. Not sure he could have done anything more. Did ANY linemen get traded?

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, That's No Moon said:

Have we mentioned that Hines returns kicks as well? We now have an experienced guy to put back there in bad weather. I like Shakir a LOT, until I see him catch the ball on a typical December day I don't fully trust him and I don't trust McKenzie back there at all. He's a heart attack in a helmet.

Punts, not kicks.  Which is what we need. 

McK seems OK as a KR, but "heart attack in a helmet" is not a bad description of his PR.  We lost Crowder as a PR option, and Shakir wasn't exactly soothing my nerves back there.

Zack Moss Salary $0.978 M this season plus we take on an additional $228k dead cap (may be deferred into next season at this point?)

Nyheim Hines $1.8M salary this season

This looks like a move to possibly replace Singletary next year...I find it hard to believe they are going to re-sign Singletary with Hines making $4.5 million next year.  Although he has no cap hit if he is cut, so I guess maybe not...audition time.

image.thumb.png.658d0828d163c48fd4eb527de07171e0.png

Edited by Big Turk

3 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yes all 2 yards a carry at a time. Whew!! I bet he's tired. He doesn't run better or receive better. But now let's put him as #1 RB

2nd time you continue on with the 2 yards a carry nonsense. His workload this year is not representative of his ceiling. Just stop.

Capture.JPG

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

They traded a day 3 for a RB insurance policy/ lightning fast pass catching rb.  

Not one IOL was traded…..none were available.  If Poyer isn’t out long, we don’t need a S.  If he’s out awhile, I would’ve liked a S too

No. They traded a day 3 pick plus a RB picked with a 3rd round pick(who never worked out).  So they traded a 3rd and a 5th for Hines, and then may let Singletary go in the off-season to FA...another 3rd round pick.

As for the bolded, no one knows what calls were made, or what the asking price were.  You only know that none were traded.

• Eyeroll 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.