Speaker Pelosi's Home Has Been Attacked

Tiberius

1 hour ago, Doc said:

That can't be true.  So you're telling us that not only did the intruder allow Pelosi to go to the bathroom but that Pelosi was dumb enough to leave the bathroom?  And then the cops just watched as the intruder bashed his skull in?  Yeah this sounds incredibly fishy. 

If this turns out to be another “Jussie Smollet” the Dems will never hear the end of it…

This attacker sounds like a mentally sick nut job. Tying him to MAGA seems like a bit of a stretch now. We only know a bit of what actually occurred and of the attacker. Whackos attack famous political people for all sorts of reasons, not necessarily political. Rational people try to make sense of their irrational actions but sometimes there is no sense to be found.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, B-Man said:

Faulty bill, added regulations.

US Chamber of Commerce.

H.R. 7780 has several significant flaws:

Limiting arbitration may harm individuals in the employment context. Arbitration is often cheaper and more favorable for employees. A recent study found that employees were more likely to win in arbitration (almost 38 percent) than in court (almost 11 percent). Also, on average, employees won more money through arbitration (around $444,000) than in court (about $408,000). Finally, arbitrations were resolved on average faster (659 days) than litigation (715 days).

By eliminating discretionary clauses, this legislation could dismantle ERISA’s administrative process. This would add significant time and expenses to resolving claims for benefits because of endless discovery in the already backed up court system, including time-sensitive claims such as disability and severance. More suits and more attorneys will not lead to better outcomes or results for businesses or the workers they provide coverage to.

While the Chamber urges you to reject H.R. 7780, we stand ready to work with Congress to continue efforts by the business community to expand mental health care support.

https://www.uschamber.com/retirement/pensions/u-s-chamber-letter-on-h-r-7780-the-mental-health-matters-act

“The report further recommended that Congress enhance the secretary of Labor’s capacity to enforce mental health parity, including providing authority to impose civil monetary penalties for violations.”

Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-NC), ranking member of the House Education and Labor Committee, voted against the bill, in part, because of those monetary penalties.

“Employers and [health care] plans have been asking [DOL] for years to comply with the law and provide examples which illustrate compliance and noncompliance, recommendations to advance compliance, and clarifying information on how plans may demonstrate compliance,” Foxx said on the House floor. “However, instead of helping plans comply, DOL has blamed them for not being able to read the minds of Washington bureaucrats. Providing DOL with the authority to level civil monetary penalties against plans and increase their risk of litigation will only force plans to drop mental health coverage.”

https://www.safetyandhealthmagazine.com/articles/23126-house-passes-bill-calling-for-a-niosh-research-program-on-mental-health-in-the-workplace

Republicans took issue with a provision of the bill that would allow the Department of Labor to penalize sponsors of health plans if they don’t meet certain mental health requirements.

“This money would be better spent on compliance assistance instead of targeting employers based on ambiguous standards,” said Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-N.C.).

It’s nice for you to give your own opinion…. Oh wait you don’t really have one except for copying and pasting news articles.

plus this bill is filled with pork which is what your fellow righties said. None of your post is pork.

9 hours ago, Andy1 said:

This attacker sounds like a mentally sick nut job. Tying him to MAGA seems like a bit of a stretch now. We only know a bit of what actually occurred and of the attacker. Whackos attack famous political people for all sorts of reasons, not necessarily political. Rational people try to make sense of their irrational actions but sometimes there is no sense to be found.

On the news this morning a reporter stated authorities are still struggling to identify the motive.  As you mention, most likely to fulfill the need to associate the attacker with some fringe element or belief.  When the explanation is the guy is a mentally impaired psychotic drug addict suffering from hallucinations and paranoia that heard "voices" telling him to attack the Speaker. 

The lesson is there are a lot of people out there that need support and assistance with mental health issues and many of them are also a danger to others.  Current society prefers to ignore the problem and bend reality in order to portray their behavior and lives as "normal", while throwing them on the street and expects them to function. 

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

On the news this morning a reporter stated authorities are still struggling to identify the motive.  As you mention, most likely to fulfill the need to associate the attacker with some fringe element or belief.  When the explanation is the guy is a mentally impaired psychotic drug addict suffering from hallucinations and paranoia that heard "voices" telling him to attack the Speaker. 

The lesson is there are a lot of people out there that need support and assistance with mental health issues and many of them are also a danger to others.  Current society prefers to ignore the problem and bend reality in order to portray their behavior and lives as "normal", while throwing them on the street and expects them to function. 

Welcome to Nancy’s district.  

1 hour ago, Backintheday544 said:

It’s nice for you to give your own opinion…. Oh wait you don’t really have one except for copying and pasting news articles.

plus this bill is filled with pork which is what your fellow righties said. None of your post is pork.

You were questioning why >200 voted against the bill.

I provided the answer.

It's almost as if you don't really want any real information.

You just want to exchange personal opinions with others.

Your loss.

Back to the actual thread . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

It would be very interesting to find out more about this from the media.

1-Cops weren’t called for a break-in but were there to check

2-PP and the guy were fighting for the hammer

3-Assault didn’t happen until cops got there

4-Guy found in his underwear

5-Called the attacker a friend on the police dispatch

20 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Except you got it wrong and happily waltzed went down B-man’s conspiracy trail. I wonder why. 

I’ll hazard a guess on your behalf based on our brief interaction. First, a quick recap:

• The police spokesman in the link provided said that both men were holding hammers, and that they arrived, one man began bashing the other guy with a hammer;
  • I thought the fact pattern as reported by the police spokesman was odd, not because it involved any particular person, but because it seemed unusual that a guy would break into a house with a hammer, or break in and find a hammer, and that the homeowner would awaken and or be awake and have a hammer as well.  So, I said it was odd as reported by the police spokesman in the clip I watched.  Turns out I was correct, it would seem;
  • You jumped in with an allegation that I was promoting a conspiracy theory, you cited Fox News as your source, and in an effort to understand, I asked you to clarify your comment;
  • You decided to ignore my request for clarity and vigorous dialogue, instead repeating your unsubstantiated declaration but changing your comment to suggest I was waltzing to yet another conspiracy put forth by B-man;

So, on the whole, I think there are a few explanations as to why you’re left to wonder about things. You could be a kid goofing around, and if so, you got me! You could be an adult goofing around and if so, you’re probably a bit of a loser.  Finally, I think you’re probably a closed-minded and emotional thinker, prone to jumping to conclusions and spinning stories that ultimately don’t materialize, and insecure to the point that when you make a silly declaration, get called on it, you lack the ability to simply say “I got ahead of things there, my bad.”. 

Anyway, let’s move on and recognize that Mr. Pelosi suffered a gruesome injury and a horrible attack, that the attacker should be institutionalized and kept from hurting anyone else. 

• Agree 2

39 minutes ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

Finally, I think you’re probably a closed-minded and emotional thinker, prone to jumping to conclusions and spinning stories that ultimately don’t materialize, and insecure to the point that when you make a silly declaration, get called on it, you lack the ability to simply say “I got ahead of things there, my bad.”. 

B-Man was trying to say this was not a MAGA nut, but it looks like he was. He used the strange events to try and raise doubts about the whole thing, you joined in. 

You shouldn't call others close minded. 🙄

Paul Pelosi Attack – Follow The Evidence, Not The Media Spin

The evidence will reveal the truth, the media will not (at least not before the midterms). 

According to initial reports, Paul Pelosi, the husband of Nancy Pelosi, was the victim of a hammer attack by a man to broke through a back door to attack him, and said he wanted to know where Nancy was. Sounded really simple, at first, an attempted political attack. And maybe it will end up being so, but history tells us to wait for the evidence to come in, and not to rely on politicized media spin.

It “might” be that simple, but I doubt it. We’ve seen this movie before, where supposedly simple facts turn out not to be so simple, and “right wing” motives turn out to be otherwise.

I don’t know how the Paul Pelosi attack will play out, but we saw how his drunk driving arrest was hushed up and covered up, and we still don’t know much about it. (Do we know yet where he was that night while Nancy was away and who was with him?)

Already, all is not what it seems with regard to media reporting on the Paul Pelosi attack. The “MAGA” attacker turns out to be more Jared Loughner than anything, as Michael Shellenberger documents, Pelosi Attack Suspect Was A Psychotic Homeless Addict Estranged From His Pedophile Lover & Their Children.

https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/10/paul-pelosi-attack-follow-the-evidence-not-the-media-spin/

https://michaelshellenberger.substack.com/p/pelosi-attack-suspect-was-a-psychotic

• Like (+1) 3

On 10/28/2022 at 10:02 AM, Tiberius said:

No word on the motive of the trash that carried out the attack yet. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/10/28/paul-pelosi-attack-san-francisco/The husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) was attacked during an early-morning break-in of the couple’s San Francisco home, her office said Friday.

“Early this morning, an assailant broke into the Pelosi residence in San Francisco and violently assaulted Mr. Pelosi,” Drew Hammill, a spokesman for the speaker, said in a statement. “The assailant is in custody and the motivation for the attack is under investigation.”

Paul Pelosi, 82, was taken to a hospital and is expected to make a full recovery.

“The Speaker and her family are grateful to the first responders and medical professionals involved, and request privacy at this time,” Hammill said.

The U.S. Capitol Police said in a statement that it is assisting the FBI and San Francisco police in an investigation of the break-in and attack.

I'm not sure of the truth behind it but i have heard that the guy that attacked Pelosi was actually a friend or at the very least a acquaintance and that they had a disagreement about something which escalated & that was the reason why this guy did what he did .

Of course if that is actually what the truth is the lame stream media will so very conveniently leave that part out & more than likely insert that the guy was a Trump supporter just to give it that extra spicy twist that they need . 

You can bet one thing though if it is true we won't here that on CNN ...

4 minutes ago, T master said:

So it's a media conspiracy of silence! 

Only excremental sources are reporting it, eh? 

The Cult is not happy with the media again. 

If in 2022 your default position with media reporting isn't to be extremely skeptical at minimum, then you're not doing it right.

Personally I go with the safe assumption that all coverage contains a good portion of outright lies, but YMMV.

3 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

If in 2022 your default position with media reporting isn't to be extremely skeptical at minimum, then you're not doing it right.

Personally I go with the safe assumption that all coverage contains a good portion of outright lies, but YMMV.

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I'm not part of a cult i'm just putting something out there that i heard to see if others maybe have done or will do more research to find out if that is actually the truth something you know little about ! Because this could very easily be twisted as another Trump supporter gone rogue and that would not surprise me in the least !!  

Unlike you I see things for what they are and call them out for exactly what it is if true & if it is wrong then i say so (AGAIN Unlike You)  if a law was broken & proven beyond a shadow of a doubt then go to jail do not pass go completely opposite of you !

Your politically liberal biased is so deeply imbedded in your puny little brain that if the truth walked up and b**ch slapped you at high noon on a 90 degree day you would say that it was mid nite & there was no sun light & it was freezing !!

But there are a lot of us here that have come to realize you ignorants see it for what it is & take it with a grain of salt .

You are probably one that is reaping those "FREE" benefits as far as welfare, food stamps, free health care,  and are to lazy to go out & work to earn a living !

Which is the reason your bias is so deeply rooted because you don't want to actually be a contributing member of society you just want to sit back & take advantage of the system & keep those I'm power that will continue to give you & your family the things to survive as to avoid having to earn them .

Plus if you continue to be blind to what reality shows most of us it continues the infighting which is all part of the plan so no one unites to see what is actually going on & those in power can continue forward with heir agenda which will keep you & the rest of the sheople in good graces .

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

B-Man was trying to say this was not a MAGA nut, but it looks like he was. He used the strange events to try and raise doubts about the whole thing, you joined in. 

You shouldn't call others close minded. 🙄

First, it’s completely inappropriate to tell people how they should communicate with others.  It stifles dialogue and is quite offputting. 

Second, he didn’t say that.  He changed the arc of his accusation when I asked him to explain. That’s weak and shallow.  

Third—and I’m not certain how SunnyD feels about this as he doesn’t seem to want to explain, but if the “conspiracy” is that the attacker isn’t a “Maga nut”, that’s about the most non-eventful and pedestrian conspiracy theory ever launched.  Here’s the dialogue:

Person 1: He’s crazy but not Maga.

Person 2:  Yeah he is. 

Person 1: I don’t think so. 

Person 2: Oh yeah. 

Person 1. Oh, ok I disagree. 

Person 2:  Cool.  

Fourth, I could be wrong, but feel like SunnyD mentioned he thought the attacker was nutso and suggested politics be kept out of it. 

Fifth, I gave three alternatives to SunnyD’s issues and you’re hyper fixated on one.  Open your mind. 

Sixth:  In this grand conspiracy you have elaborated upon, is the police spokesman in on it?  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

I provided the answer.

Your loss.

I didn’t ask why they didn’t vote for it.

SoCal informed us:

“Stop taking everything on face value. The adults I saw this past week wouldn’t have been helped by another pork filled federal spending bill. WAKE UP“

I simply provided the bill and asked him to show the pork. If you would like to show the pork go ahead.

5 hours ago, T master said:

I'm not sure of the truth behind it but i have heard that the guy that attacked Pelosi was actually a friend or at the very least a acquaintance and that they had a disagreement about something which escalated & that was the reason why this guy did what he did .

Of course if that is actually what the truth is the lame stream media will so very conveniently leave that part out & more than likely insert that the guy was a Trump supporter just to give it that extra spicy twist that they need . 

Also heard the attacker was in his underwear at Pelosi’s house around 2am…if that’s true, it sounds more like a gay booty call (in San Francisco) gone wrong…👍

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

LMAO how the handful of profiles in here, that always parrot the state/MSM headlines,  are calling others cultist.   like a chant or something.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

So what’s the real story? Well, if a new report from The Washington Post is accurate, we might finally have an answer, and perhaps predictably, it’s probably not going to confirm anyone’s priors.

The San Francisco Bay area man arrested in the attack on House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband filled a blog a week before the incident with delusional thoughts, including that an invisible fairy attacked an acquaintance and sometimes appeared to him in the form of a bird, according to online writings under his name.

That one paragraph pretty much tells us all we need to know. Far from being some organized, sinister Republican operative, radicalized by GOP thought, it appears DePape is what he always appeared to be: An insane person with no long-standing, coherent political ideology. His shift from leftwing to rightwing conspiracy theories was likely a result of his already broken mental state.

I know that won’t make Hillary Clinton, Adam Kinzinger, and the other leftists who rushed to blame Donald Trump and Kevin McCarthy for the attack happy, but sometimes the truth is more boring than fanciful tales of mainstream partisan influence. More often than not, crazy people are just crazy, latching onto whatever is in front of them, and I now feel confident in saying that’s what happened in this case. In fact, DePape has never mentioned Nancy Pelosi in any of his reported rantings.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/investigations/2022/10/29/david-depape-blog-pelosi-fairies/

https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/10/29/paul-pelosis-attacker-gets-a-lot-weirder-and-the-picture-gets-a-little-clearer-n651274

Waiting for reporting on who made that Wix site. shows no one paid to read whatever was in there. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Greenwald sees what’s happened, and it’s that if you don’t automatically agree with the mainstream media hive mind,

you’re a wacky conspiracy theorist.

😆

Why did you stop cutting and pasting there?

Glenn Greenwald thread examines the ‘instantly formed media narrative’ about attack on Paul Pelosi

smfh

"My enemies are fascist racists and want to end democracy as we know it and set up a theocratic dictatorship "

"The political rhetoric from the GOP is incendiary and will lead to deaths" ---same people

Edited by B-Man

13 hours ago, B-Man said:

I provided the answer.

Your loss.

Wait, what?  If true, that's a huge tell.

11 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

Also heard the attacker was in his underwear at Pelosi’s house around 2am…if that’s true, it sounds more like a gay booty call (in San Francisco) gone wrong…👍

My current working theory is the attacker and at least one other person were invited over by Mr. Pelosi.  We already know he likes to party when Nancy is out of town.  After the DWI why risk driving? Have the party come to him.  One thing leads to another.  Guys are lounging around in their underwear when a hammer fight breaks out after the cops show up.

He obviously can't tell Nancy that so he made up the break in thing.

Edited by reddogblitz

19 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You guys are getting more divorced from reality by the day. If the side that loves truth gets out and votes, the cult cannot compete. Truth will win 

Morning Tibs….the funny thing is you could post the same thing from both sides of the aisle right now, and nobody would think anything of it. 😉

21 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Do you feel like there is a lot of information that is being held back?  Even you must admit that something doesn't add up here...

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You guys are getting more divorced from reality by the day. If the side that loves truth gets out and votes, the cult cannot compete. Truth will win 

Given that you reflexively jump to the defense of any government or establishment narrative or person on every topic with a complete absence of skepticism or curiosity you're views are no less biased or fact-based than the people you criticize for be "divorced from reality".   

Frankly, I have no idea exactly what the truth or the situation is here but it appears from some specific facts (like snippets from the 911 call recording with Paul characterizing the attacker as "a friend", and what I understand was a 3rd person inside the home that opened the door for police, or suggestions both the victim and the attacker were in their underwear when police arrived) to be far from the standard home invasion by some right-wing nutjob story the press is trying to peddle to us all.  A skeptic might be suspicious they might be running interference to avoid the truth.  As truth most times is the enemy of power.       

24 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Do you feel like there is a lot of information that is being held back?  Even you must admit that something doesn't add up here...

That's precisely the thing. Even he will parrot the party narrative no matter what contrary evidence or missing facts emerge.

Lost. Gone. Not worth a nanosecond of your time.

33 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Morning Tibs….the funny thing is you could post the same thing from both sides of the aisle right now, and nobody would think anything of it. 😉

Sure could, but they would be wrong. Obviously the right has gone bananas.

29 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

Truth?  You can't handle the truth

Truth: trump lost