Speaker Pelosi's Home Has Been Attacked

Tiberius

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Don’t mistake your lack of knowledge with what happened. The police knew who opened the door. The security arrangement was known.  Hours (minutes) after the story of this attack, people were on here making crap up and spreading nonsense. Zero class. Zero. 

Link? 

Minutes after the attack??  🙄

Go back and read the first comments.  Lots of well wishes and “hope he’s ok” posts. 

3 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Don’t mistake your lack of knowledge with what happened. The police knew who opened the door. The security arrangement was known.  Hours (minutes) after the story of this attack, people were on here making crap up and spreading nonsense. Zero class. Zero. 

Link? 

Once again proud of your ignorance- stating lack of knowledge makes others beliefs conspiracy. As for cops hot mic, your lack of knowledge is not a good look for someone who claims he knows what happened. Remember our argument about how long Covid vaccines last? You called me a conspiracy guy because I knew more than you 

Edited by Orlando Tim

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m not into conspiracies but there’s something odd about this whole story. 

In an era where threats against politicians are increasing at alarming rates, a crazy person breaking into a politician's home in the hopes of harming them seems like something we should not be surprised about and not odd at all.

Just now, ChiGoose said:

In an era where threats against politicians are increasing at alarming rates, a crazy person breaking into a politician's home in the hopes of harming them seems like something we should not be surprised about and not odd at all.

When it’s the lead story on every major network morning show…it’s definitely reached the level of odd. Even the typical networks smell it. A lot of questions are being asked, and the questions are not political in nature. 

Just now, SoCal Deek said:

When it’s the lead story on every major network morning show…it’s definitely reached the level of odd. Even the typical networks smell it. A lot of questions are being asked, and the questions are not political in nature. 

You don't think the attempted assault and kidnapping of the Speaker of the House, second in line for the presidency, is a big story?

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Ned…with all due respect. (I mean it.) None of your examples are said from the White House pulpit. Some dude making a documentary (paging Oliver Stone) is not the sitting President giving a national address standing at the podium with a backdrop of flags (and previously with armed marines). Some political commentators making remarks on an OPINION show is not the President pre-targeting American citizens ahead of an election. Your examples are not even close to what Joe Biden just did the other night. He missed a great opportunity to calm things down by mentioning examples on both sides of the political aisle…but instead his speech writers chose to go all out partisan divisiveness. Sad. 

I understand.  I appreciate the respectful tone.  I think we are all closer to what we want out of the government than we realize.  But....It's hard to give a ***** when Trump as president had rallies about making Libs cry and calling half the people he hates traitors.  So I dont really care.  What I want to see is Biden threaten to not accept the midterm election results since the only way Libs can lose is due to Republicans cheating.  I would have threatened to withhold aid to FL after the big storm and then say it was a ***** joke.  He should also come out and say the Libs will never win the midterms with weakness.  Need to show strength!  What ever the ***** that means.  The right has no business talking about divisive rhetoric.  IMHO. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

I understand.  I appreciate the respectful tone.  I think we are all closer to what we want out of the government than we realize.  But....It's hard to give a ***** when Trump as president had rallies about making Libs cry and calling half the people he hates traitors.  So I dont really care.  What I want to see is Biden threaten to not accept the midterm election results since the only way Libs can lose is due to Republicans cheating.  I would have threatened to withhold aid to FL after the big storm and then say it was a ***** joke.  He should also come out and say the Libs will never win the midterms with weakness.  Need to show strength!  What ever the ***** that means.  The right has no business talking about divisive rhetoric.  IMHO. 

How does one twist them self into such a pretzel?

4 hours ago, Sundancer said:

Link? 

How are you so defensive of this situation?  The media put out so much, so fast, that no one truly knows what's going on.  Probably on purpose.

One thing for sure though, that mansion has state of the art security whether Nancy was home or not.  That, all on its own, raises a lot of legitimate questions.

14 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

You’re welcome. I’m pretty sure you’ll disagree with me here but the distinction I make is that Trump (while a brash, crass, atypical political figure) would regularly criticize the legacy media and government officials…both elected and non-elected, he was always careful to distinguish them from the average citizen that voted for them. Lately, I’ve noticed Democrat candidates criticizing the voters themselves. We definitely saw this with Hilary, a little bit with Obama, and now as of a couple of nights ago on full official display with Biden. It’s never a good look. 

None of this changes the basics of the case. DePape is still a lunatic who attacked an elderly man with a hammer after breaking into his house. Paul Pelosi is still lucky to be alive. But the sequence suggested by Miguel Almaguer raises some questions as to whether the attack itself might have been avoided, and what exactly was going on in the house before police arrived.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

NBC’s The Today Show.

"Why Pelosi didn't try to flee, or tell responding officers he was in distress, is unclear."

He was obviously not thinking clearly.  Sure he told Depape he needed to use the bathroom in order to get his phone and call 911, but he wasn't clear headed enough to lock himself in the bathroom and/or run out of the house after answering the door. :rolleyes: 

NBC: Paul Pelosi 'Did Not Immediately Declare an Emergency or Leave His Home' When Police Arrived

Sources familiar with the investigation told NBC News that when officers responded to the high-priority call, they were unaware they’d been called to the home of the Speaker of the House.

“After a ‘knock and announce,’ the front door was opened by Mr. Pelosi. The 82-year-old did not immediately declare an emergency or try to leave his home,” the NBC “Today Show” report explains. Instead, Mr. Pelosi “began walking several feet back into the foyer toward the assailant and away from police.”

Pelosi’s failure to call out for help or flee his home was a detail in the court filing that previously raised a red flag to me, and it seems that even NBC News finds it odd. “Why Pelosi didn’t try to flee or tell responding officers he was in distress is unclear,” NBC News’s Miguel Almaguer noted.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2022/11/04/nbc-paul-pelosi-did-not-immediately-declare-an-emergency-or-leave-his-home-when-police-arrived-n1642705

There’s also the question of why DePape even let Pelosi open the door in the first place.

23 minutes ago, B-Man said:

NBC: Paul Pelosi 'Did Not Immediately Declare an Emergency or Leave His Home' When Police Arrived

Sources familiar with the investigation told NBC News that when officers responded to the high-priority call, they were unaware they’d been called to the home of the Speaker of the House.

“After a ‘knock and announce,’ the front door was opened by Mr. Pelosi. The 82-year-old did not immediately declare an emergency or try to leave his home,” the NBC “Today Show” report explains. Instead, Mr. Pelosi “began walking several feet back into the foyer toward the assailant and away from police.”

Pelosi’s failure to call out for help or flee his home was a detail in the court filing that previously raised a red flag to me, and it seems that even NBC News finds it odd. “Why Pelosi didn’t try to flee or tell responding officers he was in distress is unclear,” NBC News’s Miguel Almaguer noted.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2022/11/04/nbc-paul-pelosi-did-not-immediately-declare-an-emergency-or-leave-his-home-when-police-arrived-n1642705

There’s also the question of why DePape even let Pelosi open the door in the first place.

As I said earlier…something isn’t right here. 

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

This is an interesting twist, and puts reports that Pelosi referred to him as a “friend” on the 911 call in a different light.  This reporting did not come in the immediate aftermath of the story, rather, came a week after the attack and was apparently professionally researched and produced.  

This can lead to only one conclusion for some of our associates here on the board:

Miguel Almaguer is another Putin plant in cahoots with the police spokesman who initially talked about the attack, and the underwear reporter person to push a conspiracy so outlandish and so devious as to rival the greatest conspiracies of all time. 

For the rest of us, it’s reasonable to consider whether or not political influence is being exerted to shield the Pelosi family for reasons yet unknown.   

• Like (+1) 1