Bills release new stadium renderings

YoloinOhio

15 hours ago, boyst said:

if they need to do anything they need to a get a light rail system or preferably a monorail.

this can shuttle from downtown points and points outside of the area to the game.

CLT has done good with this and the Panthers

happy season 4 GIF

14 hours ago, without a drought said:

At least the snow shovelers will still have a job.

Will they?  They’ve mentioned a radiant heat system. I wonder if it’s one of the embedded heating liquid in the concrete types.  If it is, they could just melt all the snow away. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, K-9 said:

Good lord, did everyone not realize that “wind confusion” is an ongoing joke whenever a reference is made to any aspect of the new stadium construction? 

That said, the 50 feet below grade field level at Highmark has always been a contributor to the wind issues in the stadium and a shallower lower bowl should help a ton in that regard. As will the more north/south orientation of the structure itself. 

Exactly what education and or professional experience leads you to this conclusion? Elevation has almost no relevance compared to the stadium design. I have been involved with several stadium wind studies.

49 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I was firmly in the corner of a downtown fixed roof stadium, but I have no idea why it is still being brought up as if the decision is yet to be made. 

It’s over.  Move on.  

Seriously.  It's like people can't read, weren't paying attention, or flat out refused to accept it.  Or thought that the delay in renderings somehow was due to negotiations over roof type and location.

I call them Stadium Deniers.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TH3 said:

Exactly what education and or professional experience leads you to this conclusion? Elevation has almost no relevance compared to the stadium design. I have been involved with several stadium wind studies.

TH….I’m not a ‘wind designer’ but I’d imagine lowering the field would indeed have an impact on how the wind reacts inside the stadium especially when it’s been funneled through the canyon created by the grandstands…like at Rich Stadium. That however doesn’t appear to be the case with the new stadium design which has enclosed end zones. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bronxbomber21 said:

Tottenham Hotspur has a larger covering then that rendering. I hope it looks exactly like Hotspur compared to those pictures.  Also with how this team is built I was really hoping for a retractable roof so the weather wouldn't slow Josh and the Offense down. 

you really think they'll have the same offense 4 years from now?

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

As long as we have Josh as our QB, I expect something very similar to what we see on offense today. A scheme that leans heavily on throwing the ball, just like the league in general. So, my answer would be pretty much yes. 

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Taro Nimbus said:

Theyll probably have a similar offense 10yrs from now. 

1. NFL teams aren’t reverting back to a focus on running the ball anytime soon. 
2. As long as Allen is in his prime id fully expect and hope for an aerial

assault 

• Agree 4

I was expecting something more like this, so I’m happy.  😋

https://jmanphoto.com/products/war-memorial-stadium-the-rock-pile-buffalo-ny

This almost looks like Green Bay with a stadium surrounded by residential houses. 

I’m actually trying to find some good artwork for the man cave showing the Rockpile. I can find those old programs covers to go with the rest of it. Those are iconic images. I hope to have a collection of all three stadiums represented, even if one is a rendering for a while. 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Augie said:

I was expecting something more like this, so I’m happy.  😋

https://jmanphoto.com/products/war-memorial-stadium-the-rock-pile-buffalo-ny

This almost looks like Green Bay with a stadium surrounded by residential houses. 

I’m actually trying to find some good artwork for the man cave showing the Rockpile. I can find those old programs covers to go with the rest of it. Those are iconic images. I hope to have a collection of all three stadiums represented, even if one is a rendering for a while. 

Thanks for sharing! It’s truly amazing how these facilities have evolved through the last century. The Bills three stadiums are excellent examples of all three major eras….although Rich Stadium being a football only stadium thankfully avoided the anonymous multi-purpose era of the early 70s.  If you go to England you’ll see that the majority of their soccer stadiums are actually still located on their original grounds, in the middle of a little residential neighborhood, but now with modern grandstands looming up over what was once just a local park. Since everyone arrives via public transportation they don’t need the large parking lots we have. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, TH3 said:

I don’t have formal education or professional experience in the field. But I know people who do and I think what they say on the matter makes a lot of sense and they’ve said the issue with the field at Highmark being 50 feet below grade is that it causes the winds to swirl due to one end of the stadium being perpendicular to the prevailing wind. And if you’ve ever been on the sidelines during a very windy game, you can appreciate just how impactful that swirling wind can be. At times, the flags on top of the uprights which are only 28.5 feet above the field aren’t moving at all while those on the sideline are getting whipped by the swirling wind. A shallower bowl simply offers more room for the wind to exit. And as I mentioned previously, the more north/south orientation of the new stadium will eliminate one end of the field being perpendicular to the prevailing wind. 

The wind in Orchard Park will never have been so confused when the new stadium is built. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Thanks for sharing! It’s truly amazing how these facilities have evolved through the last century. The Bills three stadiums are excellent examples of all three major eras….although Rich Stadium being a football only stadium thankfully avoided the anonymous multi-purpose era of the early 70s.  If you go to England you’ll see that the majority of their soccer stadiums are actually still located on their original grounds, in the middle of a little residential neighborhood, but now with modern grandstands looming up over what was once just a local park. Since everyone arrives via public transportation they don’t need the large parking lots we have. 

I’d love matching artwork for each stadium, but part of me feels like the Rockpile should look like a cave drawing, The Ralph could be a normal poster, and the new stadium should be a hologram!  My how things have changed!!! 

4 hours ago, SoCal Deek said:

TH….I’m not a ‘wind designer’ but I’d imagine lowering the field would indeed have an impact on how the wind reacts inside the stadium especially when it’s been funneled through the canyon created by the grandstands…like at Rich Stadium. That however doesn’t appear to be the case with the new stadium design which has enclosed end zones. 

1 hour ago, K-9 said:

I don’t have formal education or professional experience in the field. But I know people who do and I think what they say on the matter makes a lot of sense and they’ve said the issue with the field at Highmark being 50 feet below grade is that it causes the winds to swirl due to one end of the stadium being perpendicular to the prevailing wind. And if you’ve ever been on the sidelines during a very windy game, you can appreciate just how impactful that swirling wind can be. At times, the flags on top of the uprights which are only 28.5 feet above the field aren’t moving at all while those on the sideline are getting whipped by the swirling wind. A shallower bowl simply offers more room for the wind to exit. And as I mentioned previously, the more north/south orientation of the new stadium will eliminate one end of the field being perpendicular to the prevailing wind. 

The wind in Orchard Park will never have been so confused when the new stadium is built. 

I'm not @TH3 but I'll answer that I think it's completely on the design of the stadium, not the elevation. Wind flows at all elevations. Even if the Ralph was surface level, the design of the stadium would still funnel and swirl the wind.

• Disagree 1

7 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I'm not @TH3 but I'll answer that I think it's completely on the design of the stadium, not the elevation. Wind flows at all elevations. Even if the Ralph was surface level, the design of the stadium would still funnel and swirl the wind.

I’m not sure that’s correct. The reason an airplane has lift is because of the shape of the wing. The ground depression at field level will have an impact on how the wind reacts as it moves across the ground surface. The shape of the surrounding grandstands can of course either concentrate or dissipate that flow. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.