Bills release new stadium renderings

YoloinOhio

23 hours ago, Just Jack said:

There already is a tunnel from the admin/fieldhouse buildings to the current stadium.  I think it shouldn't be too difficult to extend it to the new stadium. 

The new stadium is on the other side of Abbott Road. So it would be a very long tunnel.

2 hours ago, nucci said:

Maybe some are just frustrated because our city is not like some of those others that can have and support those things

I live in Boston….Buffalo has ALOT of things that are WAY better than Boston

2 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

I didn’t say that at all. It’s great they are getting a new stadium it will be nice, But “Built for Buffalo” has severe undertones to it. They had options but choose the cheaper one, that we know. 

There will still not be any reasonable hotels within walking distance, any reasonable places to grab a bite to eat, no public transport to the stadium, no place for people to gather after the game besides the parking lots etc.  

Not everyone wants to just sit in the parking lot and drink. I get wanting to build to that experience because that’s the majority though. 

Public transport to where?…100s millions  in train tracks for 15 events a year? If there was a sustainable demand for hotels and gathering after the game that was profitable …it would exist now… 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, elroy16 said:

I understand the reasoning but for me, keeping the wind down to avoid negatively impacting the offense is more important.

What they need are some huge doors, like 100' by 30' at one end that they can open in a 2 minute span that would allow the wind to come in. Oh the chiefs have the ball with a minute to go and they need a FG to tie the game? Open the doors!

Minnesota actually has massive doors at one end of the stadium. That should be recommended to them. Open the ice winds!

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’ve refrained for a day now so that I could gather my thoughts on the very limited renderings the Bills released yesterday. Will the stadium be an upgrade from ‘Rich Stadium’…obviously. My problem/concern is that they better make sure it doesn’t look quite so much like Tottenham. Which it definitely does now!  (I’ve been there.) You don’t build a once in a generation facility like this and more less copy another stadium inside and out. One of the reasons that the reveals of these stadiums are so anticipated is because they’re truly our 21st century iconic buildings that have the opportunity to become signature representations of their cities. 

I’ll be really anxious to see more views. 

1 minute ago, LABILLBACKER said:

It should look similar to Tottenham.  They're using the exact same Archetect. It looks attractive and will keep some wind "confused". That's all I care about. Imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Yikes. Don’t let the architects hear that. 

https://nypost.com/2022/10/25/hochuls-giveaway-to-bills-owning-florida-billionaire-now-looks-even-worse/

Article in the NY Post throwing shade at the arrangement between the Pegulas and New York state, and most importantly... a different and more detailed stadium picture.  If you hit the link to the article there is a button to magnify the stadium drawing.

I think the stadium looks a lot better in this rendering than the images released yesterday.

bills-hochul-163.webp

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

The amazing thing to me is the giant leap people make in reaching sweeping, definitive conclusions based on a rendering.  We’re talking renderings. Renderings.  

As I mentioned yesterday, renderings are no longer what they used to be. With the architect long now selected and the design process having gone on for many months, these types of images are typically generated from the final construction drawings/ computer model of the facility. They’re created with software. They are NOT done by an artist sitting down with a paintbrush. 

I hope that helps.

Edited by SoCal Deek

32 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’ve refrained for a day now so that I could gather my thoughts on the very limited renderings the Bills released yesterday. Will the stadium be an upgrade from ‘Rich Stadium’…obviously. My problem/concern is that they better make sure it doesn’t look quite so much like Tottenham. Which it definitely does now!  (I’ve been there.) You don’t build a once in a generation facility like this and more less copy another stadium inside and out. One of the reasons that the reveals of these stadiums are so anticipated is because they’re truly our 21st century iconic buildings that have the opportunity to become signature representations of their cities. 

How does it look like Tottenham exactly? Because it's got transparent panels? It's oval shaped? It's open air? These are features that are going to look similar on their own. Doesn't mean they're just copy-pasting.

This is Tottenham

1200px-Tottenham_Hotspur_Stadium_June_20

This is the Buffalo rendering

635a750771043.image.jpg?resize=1200,750

Anyways, they chose these architects for a reason and were using other stadiums like Tottenham for inspiration. Of course we're going to get similar results. And that's not a bad thing.

6 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

https://nypost.com/2022/10/25/hochuls-giveaway-to-bills-owning-florida-billionaire-now-looks-even-worse/

Article in the NY Post throwing shade at the arrangement between the Pegulas and New York state, and most importantly... a different and more detailed stadium picture.  If you hit the link to the article there is a button to magnify the stadium drawing.

bills-hochul-163.webp

That's an old image that been shared so many times. 

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

As I mentioned yesterday, renderings are no longer what they used to be. With the architect long now selected and the design process having gone on for many months, these types of images are typically generated from the final construction drawings/ computer model of the facility. They’re created with software. They are NOT done by an artist sitting down with a paintbrush. 

I hope that helps.

You missed my point. Hope that helps. 

• Dislike 1

37 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Other than the roof overhangs and rectangular field, I don’t see many similarities in the renderings of Hotspur and the Bills new stadium. Especially on the outside. Given their bowl shapes and seating, I think all stadiums are similar in those aspects anyway.

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Other than the roof overhangs and rectangular field, I don’t see many similarities in the renderings of Hotspur and the Bills new stadium. Especially on the outside. Given their bowl shapes and seating, I think all stadiums are similar in those aspects anyway.

As they say….It’s all in the eye of the beholder. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.