Bills release new stadium renderings

YoloinOhio

36 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

One thing I like about MSG and Barclays in NYC is that there is no parking lot or huge parking garage. People take the train or a combo of the bus or train to the games. Not to veer too far off topic but I wish more stadiums/arenas would have easy public transportation. 

It's not all bad. Highmark has this https://metro.nfta.com/schedules/game-day-express by WNY transit measures, this is gold-plated service.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

One thing I like about MSG and Barclays in NYC is that there is no parking lot or huge parking garage. People take the train or a combo of the bus or train to the games. Not to veer too far off topic but I wish more stadiums/arenas would have easy public transportation. 

We were utterly amazed at how quickly they moved an entire stadium full of fans out after the Bills game in London a few years back. They know there’s a game and they have the trains lined up and ready to roll. It was incredibly efficient!

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I have a question for anyone who is willing to answer. 

How do you guys think that the current state of the economy combined with rising inflation costs will impact the cost and the building of the new stadium?

Will it still be built on time?

Will the price of the stadium stay the same?

Yea the price will stay the same … but the value … bang for the buck… will definitely not be as good as 4-6 years ago… with the state of the economy the value of the dollar won’t go as far

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

I worked with Gilbane when they built the assembly line for the (now defunct) Saturn engine at the GM plant in Tonawanda. Their main competition was Turner. To see Gilbane and Turner partner together is the best of both worlds, as both companies are the gold standard in high profile construction. Add to that Thurman and Patti's 34 Group, and that is a dream construction team with Bills history (Thurman) involved in the project. 

• Thank you (+1) 5

On 10/27/2022 at 2:50 PM, SDS said:

Are you saying this looks like the current stadium? Because that’s weird.

If I was to nitpick anything it’s that the renderings give off a very shiny, modern vibe to an area that is distinctly not that style. 

My sense is that it would feel kind of off in OP. I could see a stadium like this in a place like Chicago with tremendous amounts of great architecture. Hopefully I’m wrong.

Buffalo has as much great architecture, pound for pound, as any city in America.

Not necessarily of this type, but that's OK.

That's how architecture works.  Great design is great; it all fits together.

Of course the stadium shouldn't be in Orchard Park, at all, but that's another discussion...and very Buffalo.

I said they would go open air in in OP several years ago.  I wasn't wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/30/2022 at 11:16 PM, Buffalo716 said:

Yea the price will stay the same … but the value … bang for the buck… will definitely not be as good as 4-6 years ago… with the state of the economy the value of the dollar won’t go as far

I thought part of the agreement is that Pegula will pick up the overruns?  I’m not aware of very many large construction projects that come in right at budget. Overruns are expected and managing them is part of the deal. 

6 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

I thought part of the agreement is that Pegula will pick up the overruns?  I’m not aware of very many large construction projects that come in right at budget. Overruns are expected and managing them is part of the deal. 

I never saw anything about what happens if it goes over 

but what you said makes sense 

8 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

Which is also a reason why many people go with the lowest bid.  I'm sure if the Pegula's picking up the tab for overbudget costs, they already had a number they are comfortable with in total cost. 

Some of the projects I work, I am given a budget to do a renovation and tell my boss we can't do it unless it's X amount of dollars for the budget.  After a little back and forth he "finds the money" to get the renovation done.  He already had a top dollar picked out but wanted to see what could be done first to limit hitting a higher mark.

The same could be said with the Pegula's.  I'm sure they are being told "It will cost 1.4B"  The first question I'm sure they would ask is "what is it going to cost if things are behind, go over budget, etc."

12 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Which is also a reason why many people go with the lowest bid.  I'm sure if the Pegula's picking up the tab for overbudget costs, they already had a number they are comfortable with in total cost. 

Some of the projects I work, I am given a budget to do a renovation and tell my boss we can't do it unless it's X amount of dollars for the budget.  After a little back and forth he "finds the money" to get the renovation done.  He already had a top dollar picked out but wanted to see what could be done first to limit hitting a higher mark.

The same could be said with the Pegula's.  I'm sure they are being told "It will cost 1.4B"  The first question I'm sure they would ask is "what is it going to cost if things are behind, go over budget, etc."

For these large capital projects, I think it’s just the opposite - you don’t necessarily go with the lowest bid. You go with the firm that has a proven track record of bringing projects in on time and within budget. That way you have a firm experienced in estimating the cost up front as well as managing overruns. 

I’m not sure the Pegulas have a magic upper number in mind.  If the overruns could be estimated with any certainty, they would be factored into the overall price. 

The current supply chain cost and availability issues makes these large construction projects even more difficult to estimate.  Your best hedge against out of control overruns is to pick a firm with the experience and connections to minimize the uncertainties. 

Without starting a big thing, a project like this will really inject a lot of financial activity in the region for the next few years.

Local business will benefit, and local communities will collect a good amount of taxes.

Not all the cost of projects like this are sunk.  I'm going to make a trip to the 2nd or 3rd home game in 2026.

Can't wait to experience the new stadium!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Without starting a big thing, a project like this will really inject a lot of financial activity in the region for the next few years.

Local business will benefit, and local communities will collect a good amount of taxes.

Not all the cost of projects like this are sunk.  I'm going to make a trip to the 2nd or 3rd home game in 2026.

Can't wait to experience the new stadium!

There you go! You started a big thing again! 

I don’t have to be at the very first game there, but I want to be there early. I still have vivid memories of going to the first game at The Ralph in 1973. Experiences like that are the things that last. 

3 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Wheres the roof? 

They put it on the bottom this time. Cutting edge stuff! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

There you go! You started a big thing again! 

I don’t have to be at the very first game there, but I want to be there early. I still have vivid memories of going to the first game at The Ralph in 1973. Experiences like that are the things that last.

LOL, I did the disclaimer and laughed as I typed it.  You know how things get around here.

Same with me about the 1st game.  It will be costly and difficult to get tickets and I will want to go with the brothers and nephews

who still live in WNY.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.