[Name Only Title] Kareem Hunt ??????????????????

Paul Costa

I think Ford is hurt.?out for a extended period of time. DeEarnest  Johnson would replace Chubb. He’s pretty good. Moss would be third string, moss is excellent in pass pro and maybe a better runner in Cleveland with that Oline. Pick up a 5th and Moss is on a cheap deal for another year

4 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

love how everyone just throws Zach Moss into the offer lol.  He has no trade value whatsoever 

It's standard TBD think. 

We hate this player, he's worthless, therefore other teams will be lining up to swap us a better player for  him and a late-round pick

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Why does everyone think moss will be included for everything? You don’t like him enough to keep him but then think he adds value in a trade 

He’s still only 24 years old and a relatively high pick for a RB. With all the success the Browns have had running it maybe one of the coaches thinks they can resurrect his career? God knows Buffalo’s run blocking leaves a lot to be desired. He could actually be a good fit there as he’s not the kind of player that can create on his own. Sometimes all a player needs is a change of scenery. We’ve seen RBs turn it around numerous times going to new teams. Look at Ahman Green, another 3rd round pick. Averaged like 200 yards rushing his first 2 seasons, gets traded to Cleveland for a 5th, and becomes one of the most dominant players of his era. I don’t think the book is closed on Zack Moss. I just don’t think he’s a good fit for this system. I think he absolutely adds value based on his age and where he was picked. 

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

He’s still only 24 years old and a relatively high pick for a RB. With all the success the Browns have had running it maybe one of the coaches thinks they can resurrect his career? God knows Buffalo’s run blocking leaves a lot to be desired. He could actually be a good fit there as he’s not the kind of player that can create on his own. Sometimes all a player needs is a change of scenery. We’ve seen RBs turn it around numerous times going to new teams. Look at Ahman Green, another 3rd round pick. Averaged like 200 yards rushing his first 2 seasons, gets traded to Cleveland for a 5th, and becomes one of the most dominant players of his era. I don’t think the book is closed on Zack Moss. I just don’t think he’s a good fit for this system. I think he absolutely adds value based on his age and where he was picked. 

That's a fair point, but when you're trading a player who hasn't lived up to his draft position, I think you usually get back a late round draft pick or another player who hasn't lived up to his draft position.

Cody Ford for a 5th rounder would be one example

Kelvin Sheppard for Jerry Hughes would be another

Kareem Hunt's role has declined in Cleveland, but he came close to 5 y/a last year, and he certainly lived up to his draft position.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

I guess I should retract the "I don't see anyone" because you may be right - the Rams just do things a little different.

I should rephrase it to "I don't think Beane would do that".  It gives up too much of the future for a slight increase in the present.  The reported 2nd for CMC came with a low cost this year and a contract to manipulate for the future.

Don’t disagree that Beane values his picks more, and thankfully so.  

But Hunt is still cheap this year.  It’s not like he has some huge price tag. We can easily take him on and there is no cap penalty next year because he’s a free agent.  

So money really has zero relevance into whether or not they would trade for Hunt.  The only “cost” that will be of concern to Beane is simply compensation to facilitate the trade. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

Difference is Ahman Green was averaging almost 5.5 yards per carry, and was stuck behind Ricky Waters who was still rattling off 1200 yard seasons. Plus, you can’t teach speed which unlike Green, Moss doesn’t have. 

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I’d be more than willing to listen to an alternate point of you on this do you have information

No problem...Here is why I hate it when people just share the video and don't discuss the context of what actually happened.

• The woman was causing a lot of problems in the room before they entered the hallway with all the people in the room with Hunt, including the girls.  
  • They repeatedly asked her to leave while inside the room and she refused. 
  • Eventually they got her into the hallway where Hunt was pleading with her to just leave already, nobody wanted her there, she still refused.
  • At this point she called him the N word which was what caused Hunt to react so poorly.  You can see the exact moment it happens in the video too where he is first calm and just pleading for her to just leave and even has his hands together like in a prayer motion.  Then he see the moment she calls a N word he immediately gets upset. 
  • The women refusing to leave also were instigating contact and a guy in Hunts group got shoved and fell into the girl which is what initially knocked her down.  
  • Hunt compounds his poor reaction and mistake by giving her a light kick on her butt in a shoving motion to push her further away to leave.  I mean the kick was less impactful than parents spanking a child, it wasn't some huge act of violence like people exaggerate it to be.

I do NOT condone being physical with women.  Hunt was 100% in the wrong on how he chose to react.  But man, this incident keeps getting retold incorrectly and over sensationalizes what Hunt actually did from a physical stand point and totally ignores any responsibility the woman played in this incident of being the initial trouble causer and instigator.  

This is not like when Ray Rice hit his girlfriend in an elevator.  Hunt made a mistake, but its no where near the level people like to say it is.  And he wasn't a guy with prior off field issues and he has done all that was asked of him since then, did all the courses, and cleaned up his act.

People make mistakes...he was a young guy who put himself in a bad position from the get go then reacted badly to being called the N word by a person who was already causing problems and refusing to leave.  

But he atoned for his mistake and was given a second chance and has done everything right in Cleveland with it so far.  I think this incident is behind him, something he grew from and not indicative of his character of who he is today.  And all you hear from those around him is praise ever since.  

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Rigotz said:

We have a team filled with players we can be proud of.

Why would we trade for a guy who pushed and kicked a woman?

Here's a video if some of you would like to re-think this:

Let the Browns be the Browns. I don't want to be that team and I don't care if it helps us get fractionally closer to a Super Bowl.

Yeah, the outrage over this is wayyyy over the top.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Rochesterfan said:

Ok, but I just don’t see it.  They know they are not there yet and for a GM that covets draft picks even more than our GM - I just do not see them wasting a day 2 pick on a 1/2 year rental for a RB, but maybe they think he can make them better.

They already have a mutiny going on with Mims and now Moore at the WR position and if they trade for another RB and keep Wilson from growing - then they are just plain stupid and I don’t think Douglas is stupid.

Maybe they make a Moore for Hunt move and see if the Browns will throw a pick in, but I do not see Douglas giving up a pick for Hunt without a corresponding move to recoup said draft pick and more.  Especially not for Hunt on an expiring contract.  That is a move for a team that is on the edge of winning it all.

At least Cam Akers gives them an additional controlled year to allow Hall to work his way back.

They went with James Robinson.. for a 6th/ Conditional 5th... and an extra year of control compared to Hunt...

Looks like both of us can claim a partial credit...

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Just.  Say.  No.  Emphatically.

From a performance standpoint why would you not want Hunt on this team the bills are trying to re-create what the hunt gives on the field by drafting cook

8 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Why is everyone always so obsessed with running backs when we already have a good one?

I'm tired of using assets on one of the most meaningless positions in football. 

What assets have we actually put towards the running back position third round picks? A second round pick? There is no law that says we can’t have more than one good running back on the team

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.