[Name Only Title] Kareem Hunt ??????????????????

Paul Costa

7 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

I am looking at it as just this year. 

Also, not that it can't happen but what in Singletary's history would suggest he's injury prone? And also last I checked McBeane are still pretty high on player character. Not opposed to bringing somebody in, I just don't think it'll be Hunt.

You don't need to be injury prone to get an injury at the RB position.  It is a brutal high contact position that has a high rate of injury.  Look around the league or just in our division - D Harris and B Hall are out already.  I think Singletary has been out for injury before - I wouldn't call him injury prone though.  Just like I wouldn't call J Taylor injury prone - yet he sat out a bit.

Moss seems on the outs.   And Cook seems to lack the trust of the staff.

I'd love to see them bring in Hunt.  Probably a long shot.  But Hunt for a 5th would work for me.

3 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

love how everyone just throws Zach Moss into the offer lol.  He has no trade value whatsoever 

I think a lot of people just want him to go away. I’m surprised I haven’t been thrown into the deal yet!   😋

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

You don't need to be injury prone to get an injury at the RB position.  It is a brutal high contact position that has a high rate of injury.  Look around the league or just in our division - D Harris and B Hall are out already.  I think Singletary has been out for injury before - I wouldn't call him injury prone though.  Just like I wouldn't call J Taylor injury prone - yet he sat out a bit.

Moss seems on the outs.   And Cook seems to lack the trust of the staff.

I'd love to see them bring in Hunt.  Probably a long shot.  But Hunt for a 5th would work for me.

Not against it, just don't see McBeane pulling the trigger. Baggage aside Hunt would be a nice acquisition.

We have a team filled with players we can be proud of.

Why would we trade for a guy who pushed and kicked a woman?

Here's a video if some of you would like to re-think this:

Let the Browns be the Browns. I don't want to be that team and I don't care if it helps us get fractionally closer to a Super Bowl.

Edited by Rigotz
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

We have a team filled with players we can be proud of.

Why would we trade for a guy who kicked a woman in the head?

Here's a video if some of you would like to re-think this:

Let the Browns be the Browns. I don't want to be that team and I don't care if it helps us get fractionally closer to a Super Bowl.

That does not look like OUR “process”. 

His career YPC is slightly below Singletary, who to my knowledge has no such baggage. I’m not saying he’s better, but I’m often surprised by how little respect Motor gets around here. Add in that we just spent a 2nd round pick on Cook, and I don’t see it. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

The market priced half season rental with no compensation on losing him, IMO, drastically reduces what will be given for him.  I don't see anyone coughing up a 2nd rounder for that.

You say that, but just last year the Rams traded 2nd and a 3rd round pick for a half season rental of Von Miller.  Rams also were offering 2nd, 3rd, and 5th this year for CMC but got outbid by Niners even though it would have been very difficult for Rams to keep CMC next year with his cap hit.  

Bills reportedly offered a 2nd for CMC with no assurances we would keep him after this season had that trade gone through given the cap impacts of Josh's deal kicking in next year, Von, and all our guys whose contracts are coming up.  

So no disrespect, but saying no one will pay that isn't accurate.  And Hunt can easily still resign with their respective team, especially if he does a team friendly deal to stay with a winning organization as their lead back.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You say that, but just last year the Rams traded 2nd and a 3rd round pick for a half season rental of Von Miller.  Rams also were offering 2nd, 3rd, and 5th this year for CMC but got outbid by Niners even though it would have been very difficult for Rams to keep CMC next year with his cap hit.  

Bills reportedly offered a 2nd for CMC with no assurances we would keep him after this season had that trade gone through given the cap impacts of Josh's deal kicking in next year, Von, and all our guys whose contracts are coming up.  

So no disrespect, but saying no one will pay that isn't accurate.  And Hunt can easily still resign with their respective team, especially if he does a team friendly deal to stay with a winning organization as their lead back.  

I guess I should retract the "I don't see anyone" because you may be right - the Rams just do things a little different.

I should rephrase it to "I don't think Beane would do that".  It gives up too much of the future for a slight increase in the present.  The reported 2nd for CMC came with a low cost this year and a contract to manipulate for the future.

• Simon changed the title to Kareem Hunt ??????????????????
59 minutes ago, Augie said:

That does not look like OUR “process”. 

His career YPC is slightly below Singletary, who to my knowledge has no such baggage. I’m not saying he’s better, but I’m often surprised by how little respect Motor gets around here. Add in that we just spent a 2nd round pick on Cook, and I don’t see it. 

Couldn’t agree more. “He’s too slow”. “He’s not explosive enough”.  He’s fine. 

that said- I’d like to get rid Moss- so adding a RB would ensure that.  

I like Duke Williams more than I like Moss

at this point, but I think he’s going to get scooped from the PS

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.