[Name Only Title] Kareem Hunt ??????????????????

Paul Costa

40 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

They went with James Robinson.. for a 6th/ Conditional 5th... and an extra year of control compared to Hunt...

Looks like both of us can claim a partial credit...

That was an excellent get for them - cheap and an RFA next year for the control.

Another guy coming off an injury, but makes sense for where the Jets are.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Cleveland is going to want more than a fifth. I’m thinking either a second or 3rd

Lol.  He’s a FA-  no way any sane GM gives up a 2nd or a 3rd for him imo.  4th is a bit steep.  5th is about right.  6th is what I’d trade 

57 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

Difference is Ahman Green was averaging almost 5.5 yards per carry, and was stuck behind Ricky Waters who was still rattling off 1200 yard seasons. Plus, you can’t teach speed which unlike Green, Moss doesn’t have. 

That’s true. I’m not saying he’s ever going to become the next Ahman Green. I just thought he was a good example to use. The other I thought of was Peyton Hillis. Clearly the Bills are all but done with this guy as his carries & yards have declined every year. The statement I was replying to was whether or not he has any value at all. I think he does. Give them a 4th and Moss. They would need to add another RB anyways after losing Hunt so why not take a small risk on a former 3rd round pick with some experience? 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Rochesterfan said:

That was an excellent get for them - cheap and an RFA next year for the control.

Another guy coming off an injury, but makes sense for where the Jets are.

I would’ve made sense for us too.  He’s a good back

• Like (+1) 1

I respect the fans that don't want him here because of what he did, but I'm willing to excuse one bad act. It's not like he knocked the girl unconscious, he lost his temper in a bad way one time in his life. I'm not trying to make excuses for what he did but I wouldn't have a problem rooting for him if he was here. It's not right to put him on the same level as Tyreek Hill, Deshaun Watson, etc.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

No problem...Here is why I hate it when people just share the video and don't discuss the context of what actually happened.

• The woman was causing a lot of problems in the room before they entered the hallway with all the people in the room with Hunt, including the girls.  
  • They repeatedly asked her to leave while inside the room and she refused. 
  • Eventually they got her into the hallway where Hunt was pleading with her to just leave already, nobody wanted her there, she still refused.
  • At this point she called him the N word which was what caused Hunt to react so poorly.  You can see the exact moment it happens in the video too where he is first calm and just pleading for her to just leave and even has his hands together like in a prayer motion.  Then he see the moment she calls a N word he immediately gets upset. 
  • The women refusing to leave also were instigating contact and a guy in Hunts group got shoved and fell into the girl which is what initially knocked her down.  
  • Hunt compounds his poor reaction and mistake by giving her a light kick on her butt in a shoving motion to push her further away to leave.  I mean the kick was less impactful than parents spanking a child, it wasn't some huge act of violence like people exaggerate it to be.

I do NOT condone being physical with women.  Hunt was 100% in the wrong on how he chose to react.  But man, this incident keeps getting retold incorrectly and over sensationalizes what Hunt actually did from a physical stand point and totally ignores any responsibility the woman played in this incident of being the initial trouble causer and instigator.  

This is not like when Ray Rice hit his girlfriend in an elevator.  Hunt made a mistake, but its no where near the level people like to say it is.  And he wasn't a guy with prior off field issues and he has done all that was asked of him since then, did all the courses, and cleaned up his act.

People make mistakes...he was a young guy who put himself in a bad position from the get go then reacted badly to being called the N word by a person who was already causing problems and refusing to leave.  

But he atoned for his mistake and was given a second chance and has done everything right in Cleveland with it so far.  I think this incident is behind him, something he grew from and not indicative of his character of who he is today.  And all you hear from those around him is praise ever since.  

All the born again Christians that have never sinned need to read this. Man was bated into a horrible decision. Could of happened to many people with emotions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

6 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Ahh good point....don't think they'll want the negative press from any local reporters with agendas after the punter incident 

Eh I think they would handle it the right way. Beane would stand up in front of the press and acknowledge Hunt's assault and say they did their homework on his recent character, etc. Hunt would get his chance to talk to local press and apologize for what he did. A couple members of the local media would try to turn it into a thing but 24 hours later everybody would move on. This is a league where one of the most celebrated WRs punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach and we watch him showboat every time he gets into the endzone. 

7 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Wow!! There's a bunch of holier than thou folks on here. Can a person reform? Has Hunt been in any trouble since? I know I've done some stupid things in my life that I learned from and made me a better person. Hence the name Solomon Grundy

Agreed, if it was 12 months after the incident I could understand. It's been a while, and he lost alot. Money, chance for fame on KC with Mahomes. 

I wouldn't stand on a table for him but I wouldn't be upset if we got him for the right price.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Wow!! There's a bunch of holier than thou folks on here. Can a person reform? Has Hunt been in any trouble since? I know I've done some stupid things in my life that I learned from and made me a better person. Hence the name Solomon Grundy

2018 was a really bad year for him. 3 incidents. Sounds like booze involved in all of them.

Clean since as far as I know.

Wait, the Browns thought that Hunt deserved a second chance 4-5 years ago and people are on here acting like it would be an awful thing for the Bills

to have him on the team? what transgression has he done lately? 

Please,  we’re trying to win a SB here and i could give 2 craps about virtue signaling. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.