[Name Only Title] Kareem Hunt ??????????????????

Paul Costa

46 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

Cleveland listening to offers. He’d be a good fit in Buffalo. His role this year is minuscule from past years. Shoot them a 5th & Zac Moss. Johnson can move up to Hunt’s spot And Zac take 3rd RB role. We get a solid RB2 with upside if Singletary would have to miss time

Anyone doing a thumbs down for an elite RB at the cost of Zack Moss and a 5th is high on bad drugs because that would an absolute steal. 

Which is exactly why Cleveland would never do this.  First, they do not need Moss, they have a very good 3rd RB already who has produced big time when Chubb and Hunt missed time.  He is way better than Moss is to backup and share carries with Chubb.

Hunt talent for talent wise is up there with CMC, but he won't fetch as much because Hunt is a FA next year.  But Cleveland will surely get better offers than a 5th round pick and a player they don't want or need.  I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Hunt go for a 2nd rounder or multiple picks as he is a top 5 talent at RB as a starter, still young, and a true 3 down RB.  He can really elevate a contender this year.

As far as the Bills go...I am not going to lose any sleep if we stick with Devin, I think he is underutilized and under appreciated for how good he is when given chances.  So by no means do I think we need to make a move for Hunt.  But there is no question adding Hunt to our roster instantly makes us a better team.  Having Hunt as the lead back and Devin to back him up would make this offense nearly unstoppable.  Hunt is a top tier runner and receiver out of the backfield who can also run tough between the tackles.  His impact here might even be bigger than CMC would have made because of he can pick up the tough yards too.

If we truly offered our 2nd for CMC, then I would think it's plausible we would have interest in Hunt.  If memory serves me, there was interest in Hunt by our FO a couple years back too.  

Again, won't lose any sleep over having Devin as our lead back, he is better than he gets credit for.  But at the same time, Hunt would be an exciting addition and also I would much rather see Hunt come here than a competitor we might face in the playoffs.   

• Like (+1) 2

52 minutes ago, colin said:

even tho he's a dirt bag i'd take him to put our team over the top.

i would be worried someone would transpose the first letters of his first and last name tho.

You wouldn't want to draft any of his brothers in that case - Mike, Mork, York, Pork, Sork and Rawk!

16 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Which is exactly why Cleveland would never do this.  First, they do not need Moss, they have a very good 3rd RB already who has produced big time when Chubb and Hunt missed time.  He is way better than Moss is to backup and share carries with Chubb.

Hunt talent for talent wise is up there with CMC, but he won't fetch as much because Hunt is a FA next year.  But Cleveland will surely get better offers than a 5th round pick and a player they don't want or need.  I wouldn't be surprised at all to see Hunt go for a 2nd rounder or multiple picks as he is a top 5 talent at RB as a starter, still young, and a true 3 down RB.  He can really elevate a contender this year.

Hunt would be an exciting addition and also I would much rather see Hunt come here than a competitor we might face in the playoffs.   

You left out actual cost though.  CMC was under $1M for this year and had a contract going forward.  K Hunt would be more, probably in the $2-3M range for the remainder of this year and has no contract going forward - unless you get one done prior to the trade.  And K Hunt is going to want to get paid

5 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

You left out actual cost though.  CMC was under $1M for this year and had a contract going forward.  K Hunt would be more, probably in the $2-3M range for the remainder of this year and has no contract going forward - unless you get one done prior to the trade.  And K Hunt is going to want to get paid

Hunt would be a half season rental here, with the potential to retain him as a Free Agent if he wants to take a discount to stay on a top tier team as the feature RB.  But more than likely, it's a rental for an all in SB push to both help our odds and also keep him off a competitors roster we might see in the playoffs.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Personally, I don’t want him…

But he will go to the Jets … they will outbid us…their round picks gunna be higher than ours

Why would the Jets waste a draft pick on Hunt?  They are building through the draft and Hunt is done after the season. 

Maybe they think they can do something, but the QB play has been terrible - I just don’t see them spending the draft capital for no real reward.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

There's a video of Bengals RB Joe Mixon full on punching a girl right in the face and nobody even mentions that anymore. Saints RB Alvin Kamara still has to go to trial for beating the crap out of a guy in an elevator. People seem to have a short memory when it comes to that stuff but the Bills seem to be a lot more conscious than other teams 

I’m a bit amazed by the Kamara thing disappearing. Mixon though was much more forgivable to me considering that - IIRC - he was 18, the lady hit him first, and her friend directed a racial slur at him right before she hit him. The fallout and consequences from that were notable as well considering he hasn’t done anything dumb since. 

• Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Hunt would be a half season rental here, with the potential to retain him as a Free Agent if he wants to take a discount to stay on a top tier team as the feature RB.  But more than likely, it's a rental for an all in SB push to both help our odds and also keep him off a competitors roster we might see in the playoffs.  

The market priced half season rental with no compensation on losing him, IMO, drastically reduces what will be given for him.  I don't see anyone coughing up a 2nd rounder for that.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Rochesterfan said:

Why would the Jets waste a draft pick on Hunt?  They are building through the draft and Hunt is done after the season. 

Maybe they think they can do something, but the QB play has been terrible - I just don’t see them spending the draft capital for no real reward.

Because they will think they have a playoff chance this year and they need a replacement for Hall..

Not exactly rocket science...

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Fine the way we are?  You must only be looking at just this year.  And you're probably assuming Singletary goes injury free.  I hope Beane isn't looking at it that way.

K Hunt seems like an excellent addition from an RB performance perspective.  I would like an RB that isn't just a half year rental though.  Let's see if Beane can get him for a year and a half at the Sanders $6M rate that he owes the offense.

I am looking at it as just this year. 

Also, not that it can't happen but what in Singletary's history would suggest he's injury prone? And also last I checked McBeane are still pretty high on player character. Not opposed to bringing somebody in, I just don't think it'll be Hunt.

25 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

Because they will think they have a playoff chance this year and they need a replacement for Hall..

Not exactly rocket science...

Ok, but I just don’t see it.  They know they are not there yet and for a GM that covets draft picks even more than our GM - I just do not see them wasting a day 2 pick on a 1/2 year rental for a RB, but maybe they think he can make them better.

They already have a mutiny going on with Mims and now Moore at the WR position and if they trade for another RB and keep Wilson from growing - then they are just plain stupid and I don’t think Douglas is stupid.

Maybe they make a Moore for Hunt move and see if the Browns will throw a pick in, but I do not see Douglas giving up a pick for Hunt without a corresponding move to recoup said draft pick and more.  Especially not for Hunt on an expiring contract.  That is a move for a team that is on the edge of winning it all.

At least Cam Akers gives them an additional controlled year to allow Hall to work his way back.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.