How Bout a Little Love for Leslie !!

T master

He’s doing more with more this year and is showing that he did more with less in years past. 

The real story may be Beane’s one year all free-agency makeover of the d-line, with one splash signing and 4 second page value signings, all working perhaps even better than hoped for.

A one year all free-agency transformation of a position group with this level of success may be unprecedented. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

He’s doing more with more this year and is showing that he did more with less in years past. 

The real story may be Beane’s one year all free-agency makeover of the d-line, with one splash signing and 4 second page value signings, all working perhaps even better than hoped for.

A one year all free-agency transformation of a position group with this level of success may be unprecedented. 

the D line makeover was huge.  Leslie is great,  but Bean got him a Lot of great parts. 

2 hours ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

I don’t even understand why coaches don’t instruct players to hold at the line of scrimmage in situations like those when you can trade 5 yards for 5 seconds off the clock.  Game can’t end on a defensive penalty but for the first and second play would have worked in KC.

Maybe because the coaches job I'd to teach his players how to work as a unit and stop the opponents.  Teaching them how to try to cheat the system by circumventing rules is not a good validation of that coaches teaching skills.   It also would seem to me any worthy players would see such instructions as a coach having little faith his players could stop the opponent without taking a penalty.  I can see a good coach maybe telling a guy like Miller not to sweat an Offside penalty if he thinks he can time the snap and get a quick jump into the backfield, but I don't see a highly capable coach resorting to that.  Don't think our players would be such a solid unit if we had that type of coaching mindset.

Edited by AuntieEm

27 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

the D line makeover was huge.  Leslie is great,  but Bean got him a Lot of great parts. 

I'm sure Fraizer has a big input as to what traits they tell the scouts they are looking for in players for the type of defense they are trying to craft.  Same goes for OC's input on what he feels would help evolve our offense.  The Bills are fortunate we have solid starters on both offense defense and they all have the same goal to win as a team.   

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, DollaBills said:

My favorite part of Leslie Frazier is every time the camera zooms in on him he looks like your grandpa whos completely dismissive of your shenanigans at the family get together

This exactly !

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I am leaving him 30 bucks in my will

Thats quite a chunk coming from yoy . But ya cant take it with you :)

4 hours ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

I don’t even understand why coaches don’t instruct players to hold at the line of scrimmage in situations like those when you can trade 5 yards for 5 seconds off the clock.  Game can’t end on a defensive penalty but for the first and second play would have worked in KC.

Perhaps because it is illegal. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/3/28/15066542/nfl-rule-prevent-team-burning-clock-repeated-intentional-penalties

• Thank you (+1) 1

It helps whenever you give them the horses to run His defense First and second round picks a fight and a high priced free agent who is one off the lead in sacks for the NFL

Fraser defenses don’t blitz or the least they try not to and that’s where our free agency money has gone into the D line

Then he was fortunate enough to have two of the top safeties in the league on the backend

But let’s definitely give credit where credit is due we are playing with young guys like Hamlin and rookie corners and that defense has been airtight

4 hours ago, ChrisWatson#21 said:

Because you can’t do that since 2017:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbnation.com/platform/amp/2017/3/28/15066542/nfl-rule-prevent-team-burning-clock-repeated-intentional-penalties

My wife is a huge horror film fan and calls him the Candy Man with great affection. She says he intimidates the opposing players with his emotionless squint. I hope he actually does. 

Frazier deserved a shot at another HC job. More specifically, he deserved the Chicago position. It is infuriating that 13 seconds cost him reuniting with the franchise he won a ring with. Add to the indignity that they hired an obvious flop. And unless we blow out everyone in the playoffs and Super Bowl, the fact that we gave up another 13 seconds last week will probably cost him another. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.