Christian McCaffrey traded to the 49ers for multiple 2nd day draft picks

Draconator

I bet once it came down to 2 Divisional rivals, who both like to play fast and loose with picks, Beane noped out quick. That bidding war between Snead and Lynch probably sounded like an auction.

But man, if Lynch doesnt get a new deal done...

Edited by DrDawkinstein

49 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Is that really what the 49ers need? A RB? Weird trade for a team that has always been able to create a good rushing offense under Kyle Shanahan, and probably should be hoarding draft picks.

That offense now has 2 Deebo Samuels is how I think about it.

17 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Before this trade Carolina only had the following pics in 2023: All their own.

1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th

The Pats have Carolina's 3rd and 6th (of course/ draft day trade and Gilmore), and the Jags have the 7th (Leviska Shenault)

2023 after the McCaffrey and Anderson trades:

1st (CAR), 2nd (CAR), 2nd (SF), 3rd (SF), 4th (CAR), 4th (SF), 5th (CAR)

Good job by Carolina GM to start stockpiling draft picks for the 2023 draft for the rebuild they need to do

7 picks in the top 5 rounds

They also added a 2024 5th (SF) and a 2024 6th (ARZ) for McAffrey and Anderson.

1st (CAR), 2nd (CAR), 3rd (CAR), 4th (CAR), 5th (TEN), 5th (SF), 6th (ARZ)

Mayfield will cost them a 4th or 5th in 2024 based on play time. Mayfield needs to play 70% of offensive snaps to become a 4th in 2024

Side note, they went from a pretty meh coaching destination to a solid D with tons of young studs and a pantry stocked with picks.

Would love to see them land Peyton. That d is ready to go, just need someone with a vision for their offense. Need to make sure they don't win any close games lol

• Awesome! (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

I don’t see how. San Frans o line is dog *****. Who on that line is gonna create holes for CMC to run through?

They haven't performed as well as they have in previous seasons, but I wouldn't call them dog *****.

If any coach in the NFL can maximize the talents of McCaffrey, it's Kyle Shanahan.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.