Tre White expected back to full practice after the Bye (update - won’t play vs GB)

YoloinOhio

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

He def had a set back… 9 months is the typical date when returning back to sport… he’s at around 11 months post surgery. 

Gus Edwards just came back Sunday. Out since Sept 21. Every player is different. The 9 months as a deadline or there was a setback doesn’t hold water. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GolfandBills said:

Is putting him on the season ending IR in play?  I’m starting to think it might be 

Why?  They are clearly taking the smart approach of slowly ramping him up to full speed.  If getting him fully 100% healthy and in game shape means another 4 weeks on the inactive list, that's fine with me.  We need him in January.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Why?  They are clearly taking the smart approach of slowly ramping him up to full speed.  If getting him fully 100% healthy and in game shape means another 4 weeks on the inactive list, that's fine with me.  We need him in January.

Amen to this ^^^^

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Arkady Renko said:

You usually wait at least three weeks to have the reconstruction to let the area be less inflamed. 

Yes I did both my ACL and each knee that was the case

23 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

What is a normal “setback” for an ACL?

Like a sprained ankle you can re-roll it and the swelling comes back.

Is this the same for an ACL? Where there is soreness?

I am no expert and I am sure there has been a ton of development since my experience

But I would imagine a 'setback' could be anything from structural integrity issues (which would be major imo) to something like hamstring or quad soreness (still important as the muscles stabilize the knee) which while still being important to the knee would not necessarily bode poorly for a full recovery

28 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Then why doesn’t Sean just say this? His cryptic, secretive comments during pressers raise eyebrows of anyone other than pandering media who refuse to probe into this 

2 minutes ago, krf139 said:

Then why doesn’t Sean just say this? His cryptic, secretive comments during pressers raise eyebrows of anyone other than pandering media who refuse to probe into this 

If the recovery timetable is a truly fluid situation (which it seems to be), then why make a promise that you may not be able to keep to appease a few whiny fans?  Coach McDermott seems to be handling it perfectly.

44 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

What is a normal “setback” for an ACL?

Like a sprained ankle you can re-roll it and the swelling comes back.

Is this the same for an ACL? Where there is soreness?

I would think maybe things like scar tissue or some swelling, although likely what is happening is everyone has different recovery rates and the Bills do things out of abundance of caution in terms of injuries so I would expect they would give him some extra time even after he gets cleared.  Part of that is also making sure he is ready from a football standpoint after not being on the field for almost a year at this point too.

27 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

If the recovery timetable is a truly fluid situation (which it seems to be), then why make a promise that you may not be able to keep to appease a few whiny fans?  Coach McDermott seems to be handling it perfectly.

Again, why doesn’t he say this? He seems very secretive in a bizarre way 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.