Tre White expected back to full practice after the Bye (update - won’t play vs GB)

YoloinOhio

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

Why do you assume it's not between Dane and Benford?

Because Elam has elite traits and work habits and is getting better with every snap, not even mentioning the 2 picks including a spectacular INT in the end zone in crunch time

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

And Hyde..

Only problem is their starters are coming back I believe and Hyde is not…

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Lost in all the hype about White returning and the perceived depth of the secondary, is the Bills giving up back to back 300 yard passer games which has been a rarity by this regime.

Granted last week against the Steelers it was truly hollow and mostly came in garbage time, but Mahomes still had a lot of success against this team other than the 2 turnovers which were the difference.

As others have mentioned I still don't see White starting full time and being on more a snap count this season until they are 100% confident in him being back to form, if that even happens this year. Still won't be surprised if we see Xavier Rhodes at some point as well.

Eh, a third of their yards came on a play where three defenders collided and the other was an obvious pic play. Not concerned…

• YoloinOhio changed the title to Tre White expected back to full practice after the Bye (update - won’t play vs GB)
3 minutes ago, jletha said:

Doent this mean he he has to be activated before the Jets game though?

I think they have 21 days to activate him now.

I'm guessing White probably just now needs to get back into the flow and get in football shape.  Dane and the rookies have done well for the most part.  No need to rush IMO.

Edited by Scott7975

Just now, Big Blitz said:

If he has been removed from IR they have 21 days to activate him or his season is over, correct?

He was removed from PUP not IR, but yes he has to either be activated or moved to IR next week. 

What may be a little unclear is whether they can activate him but not play him next week. Anyone know if he can activated if he's still technically unable to play? 

I am honestly not sure what the holdup is, unless they want to be extra, extra sure. The brass didn't need to activate him if they thought he would be three weeks away still. Maybe he just is having some trouble getting up to game speed and they want the Jets and Zach Wilson to warm him up?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DrDawkinstein said:

He is already activated. He is practicing and taking up a roster spot. Whether he is listed Inactive on gameday is separate, and not an issue.

Ah, my bad, was he on the temp-IR list as well? I didnt see that.

No he was never on IR, he started this year on PUP and that's where he still is. 

He won't take up a roster spot until he is activated from PUP. The practice window doesn't take him off that list. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Yobogoya! said:

No he was never on IR, he started this year on PUP and that's where he still is. 

He won't take up a roster spot until he is activated from PUP. The practice window doesn't take him off that list. 

Yeah, I deleted my post entirely, lol. He's still listed on PUP on the Bills site so I guess nothing has really changed yet.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, jletha said:

Doent this mean he he has to be activated before the Jets game though?

If he's not activated by Tuesday then he goes back on IR for 4 weeks. My guess is he'll be activated, but then just be a game day inactive if they think he needs another week. Begs the question why they took him off PUP when they did if that's the case though...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.