Wow…Poyer drives to game due to not medically being cleared to fly

Steel City Mafia

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Some Dolphins fans are going nuts about this. They fail to see the difference between painful ribs and potential brain injury.  And ‘not medically cleared to fly’ vs ‘ not medically cleared to play.’  One crazy lady called for an investigation!

Edited by Playoffs?
  • Haha (+1) 9
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, TailgateChef said:

I hope he had a buddy drive.  Hell, even an Uber would be no biggie for a guy making $6+ million/year.

He could have rented a leisure bus with a company bed and slept on the way.

5 minutes ago, IBTG81 said:

I heard he has a punctured lung. 
That would explain it. 

i have had one…two separate times.  

in your cartalidge areas it feels like little packaging bubbles being pressed or squeezed.

26 minutes ago, Simon said:

Not a chance

And my question is, what kind of rib injury precludes you from flying?

If he has a pneumothorax then he wouldn’t be able to fly, even a slight one could be trouble and no fly zone. 

If it’s specifically only a “rib injury” then a “flail chest” (floating broken ribs) would also preclude him. However highly unlikely he would even play with a flail chest to begin with.

Truly remarkable by Poyer really

Edited by DJB
  • Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

He already made it back?!  Lead foot…

Recently, my wife and I drove from south of Chicago to Portland, Maine, where we live in... 14hrs and 40 minutes.  Totally doable.  Oh, and that's with 3 stops (2 for gas and to curb the dogs, and 35 minutes for lunch break, gas, and dog curbing at the Angola stop on the NYT).  And nobody took any meth, although I admit that my wife covered her eyes a lot during the drive back.

42 minutes ago, Simon said:

Not a chance

And my question is, what kind of rib injury precludes you from flying?

It’s a really good question.  I don’t think that’s an ordinary set o’ “sore ribs” or even a hairline fracture or two.

I believe if there is concern about a potential collapsed lung, flying would be precluded.  

Edited by Beck Water

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.