BARNBURNER ALERT - Commanders @ Bears TNF

EmotionallyUnstable

28 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Might we see a TD tonight? 

Did not know former bill Rashad Wildgoose starts for Washington.

Am I the only one watching? I am pathetic. 

Nah, it’s football.  I’m watching.  Washington has former Bill Efe Obada, too - glad to see that guy still getting some $$

I’m too lazy to look up Fields though - has he actually run successfully in the NFL?  Because the announcers are puffing him up as a dangerous rusher

They keep talking about a strong athletic QB and Fields looks like Twiggy to me

Edited by Beck Water

Remember when it was us?

https://theathletic.com/3682851/2022/10/13/browns-bills-nfl-worst-game/

Snip:

A disgusted nation watched through parted fingers last Thursday night while the Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos set football back several years. Neither team scored a touchdown despite high-profile quarterbacks, one an offseason darling and the other a former MVP. After three field goals apiece, the abomination insisted upon overtime, when Indianapolis won on yet another kick.

The drudgery brought to mind a time when strategies revolved around such tedious concepts as field position, time of possession and punting in plus territory. In particular, it was reminiscent of the day a quarterback could complete two passes and still win the game. But we don’t need to go back to the era of Tuffy Leeman on the muddy Polo Grounds.

This was 2009 in sunny Orchard Park, N.Y.

Thirteen years ago this week, the Cleveland Browns kicked a late field goal to defeat the Buffalo Bills 6-3. And it was way worse than even the score suggests.

“It was set up to be a brutal game,” Bills receiver Lee Evans said, “but it turned out to be definitely the worst game I’ve ever played in at any level.”

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Process said:

Other teams make QB sneaks look so damn easy. It's mind blowing that we don't do it more often with the most physically dominant QB in the NFL.

Because perennially we bargain shop our guards and miss on draft picks. Or trade away an all pro we did draft because someone has their head up their ass.

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Process said:

Other teams make QB sneaks look so damn easy. It's mind blowing that we don't do it more often with the most physically dominant QB in the NFL.

If you noticed there, the bears got no push up front. The o-linemen pushed fields from behind. 

I have seen a few teams do this, where they basically have a lineman line right up behind the QB on the sneak, and just shove the QB in the back, pushing him for the sneak. Something we might want to consider.

1 minute ago, I am the egg man said:

Another example of the NFL thinking they are invincible and can do no wrong.

They are wrong about Thursday night football as far as must watch.

Most games are too often lackluster and just boring.

bad crack is still crack to a crackhead 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.