Please don't have refs play a role on Sunday

Billsfan1972

38 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

McClapper better have a wee chat before Kickoff!

One of the best movies ever of that genre. I could watch it on mute with our young boys, because they knew every word and were eager to share. 

1 hour ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

And the Roughing the passer in the Ravens game? That was a gift for the Bills. 

Its just bad officiating at times. No agendas. 

That was a good call. The defender stopped,Josh threw the ball. The defender then proceeded to hit Josh. It doesn’t matter how hard he hit him it’s the act. Players get injured on less violent hits all the time. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Expect to celebrate or throw a brick at your TV. 

It's today's NFL, every game will have missed and questionable calls.

As a Bills fan you should be well aware of this and have your soul prepared.

I sold my soul.....it will not be prepared.  At least not by me.....

5 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

And the Roughing the passer in the Ravens game? That was a gift for the Bills. 

Its just bad officiating at times. No agendas. 

That one wasn’t as questionable as many have made it seem. There were a few questionable hits on Allen earlier in the game that the refs let slide. The one that was called was a full wrap up and takedown well after Josh had clearly thrown the ball. The official ( correctly imo) threw the flag because the defender didn’t need to throw Allen to the ground but did anyway. Just a dumb play. It was a critical point in the game time wise , but it was also first down. That’s a huge difference from Sundays Brady joke call where he was in the pocket and still possessed the ball. For Boger to call that “ unnecessary “ is a travesty as the rules call for tackling the ball carrier. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I'm more worried about one of those Bills beating the Bills kind of games. When the Bills sucked it was just the normal, but now that they are such a great team, it bothers me so much more when they lose those kind of games. Much like the Miami game this year. 

Trust me they'll be ultra focused for Sunday. This will not be 9-6 Jacksonville. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

That one wasn’t as questionable as many have made it seem. There were a few questionable hits on Allen earlier in the game that the refs let slide. The one that was called was a full wrap up and takedown well after Josh had clearly thrown the ball. The official ( correctly imo) threw the flag because the defender didn’t need to throw Allen to the ground but did anyway. Just a dumb play. It was a critical point in the game time wise , but it was also first down. That’s a huge difference from Sundays Brady joke call where he was in the pocket and still possessed the ball. For Boger to call that “ unnecessary “ is a travesty as the rules call for tackling the ball carrier. 

Regardless when a QB is hit now, you do look to see if a flag will be thrown.  What we are seeing is flags thrown on clean sacks.  Heck Jones already had the ball before Carr went to the ground.  Brady was a text book sack and nothing violent at all about it.

13 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Bad officiating is nothing new.

Before replays were allowed, missed calls were much more egregious.

At least some of the bad or missed called can be reviewed.

Questionable calls have always been a prat of all sprots and that will most likely continue for the foreseeable future.

Let's hope the bad calls go in our favor.

Crush the F_ _ _ _-N Chiefs!!!!

Well said!!! 

My concern is that the Bills built the D-line to not pressure Rat boy but to put him on the ground.  Can anyone tell the difference between RTP and a clean sack?  I just hope we don’t see a great defensive play late in the game  be called a penalty and extend a drive.

3 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

My concern is that the Bills built the D-line to not pressure Rat boy but to put him on the ground.  Can anyone tell the difference between RTP and a clean sack?  I just hope we don’t see a great defensive play late in the game  be called a penalty and extend a drive.

That's the worst case scenario, but yes I will be holding my breath every time the qb is hit.

12 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

He got hit after the pass and I still haven't seen an angle that did not appear to show him not hit in the head.   In any case it was a 1st down not a 3rd down play that would have resulted in a field goal try.

Add to that Alan was hit late a number of times that game and that was the 1st call the refs made.

Buffalo has gotten their share of calls the last few years. FanDuel should have a betting line for percentage of fans that will b*tch about the refs after losses or WINS.

• Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.