Please don't have refs play a role on Sunday

Billsfan1972

53 minutes ago, The Red King said:

It says something when Bills' fans are grumbling fearing the refs may well be against them...and then go see Chiefs fans grumbling fearing the refs may well be against them.

Never said anything of the sort.  However stating a concern.  Hypervigilance on my part after those ridiculous RTP calls on the weekend (and that holding make-up call on the FG attempt).

A few PI's too on Monday could have been deemed 50/50. 

23 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Any close game you can find something the refs did or did not do that could change the outcome.   This is not what the NFL has become, it is always what it has been.

Yes that is a given, but we are seeing game defining calls of late.  The worst have resulted in rule changes and many deciding games.

Today's flavour is RTP, which 100% is the result of Miami allowing Tua back the second half vs. Buffalo. 

The Brady & Carr RTP's were absolute jokes.    

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Any close game you can find something the refs did or did not do that could change the outcome.   This is not what the NFL has become, it is always what it has been.

^^^ Some people will just never admit to this.  Every time the Bills lose, it is...

- Look at this call/non-call that cost us the game

- Refs have never been as bad as they are this season

- Full time refs is the answer

- Fix is in.  NFL hates small market teams

- <fill in the blank>

• Like (+1) 1

I’m okay with it, as long as it benefits the Bills…, just sayin, 😁👍

18 hours ago, longtimebillsfan said:

Bad officiating is nothing new.

Before replays were allowed, missed calls were much more egregious.

At least some of the bad or missed called can be reviewed.

Questionable calls have always been a prat of all sprots and that will most likely continue for the foreseeable future.

Let's hope the bad calls go in our favor.

Crush the F_ _ _ _-N Chiefs!!!!

I think reffing was better in the old days; the current system has made officials hesitant and not nearly as confident as they used to be to make a ruling on the field.

They need to scrap the entire review/challenge system ENTIRELY and go back to 1965 with all this.

The games will be SO MUCH better to watch, and go quicker too.

And some calls will be good and some will be bad, JUST LIKE NOW.

• Disagree 1

6 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I think reffing was better in the old days; the current system has made officials hesitant and not nearly as confident as they used to be to make a ruling on the field.

They need to scrap the entire review/challenge system ENTIRELY and go back to 1965 with all this.

The games will be SO MUCH better to watch, and go quicker too.

And some calls will be good and some will be bad, JUST LIKE NOW.

The reffing was much more decisive.   To move back to no replays the rules for a catch, interference, holding, and ruffing the passer would have to be simplified. 

Tbf, the Bills have had some of the best officiating I've seen in years.

Rarely has it been problematic, and never to the point of awful. Just a couple years ago it seemed the Bills couldn't get out of their own way, especially against good teams.

Any flags that have screwed us over have been pretty blatant after the replay shows up. Fingers crossed it doesn't change this week.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/13/2022 at 2:34 AM, frostbitmic said:

Will we be blessed with the Hussey crew or maybe the Boger crew ?

Anyone but Boger. ANYONE but Boger. 

EDIT: looks like we have the Brad Allen crew.  They like to throw holding flags (both defensive and offensive) are less keen on throwing flags for PI as a rule. 

Edited by GunnerBill

10 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Rarely has it been problematic, and never to the point of awful. Just a couple years ago it seemed the Bills couldn't get out of their own way, especially against good teams.

Any flags that have screwed us over have been pretty blatant after the replay shows up. Fingers crossed it doesn't change this week.

Maybe right, but there always seem to be 1-2 that can affect a game.  

Just coming off a bad week for sure that can make one antsy.

14 hours ago, BigDingus said:

The worst I can remember lately was in the AFCCG against the Chiefs where they were committing illegal contact or DPI versus our WRs almost every play but rarely getting called for it Legion of Boom style...that was their philosophy.  Be rough and handsy with the receivers from the get go and you'll get your flags in the beginning but you are daring the refs to call penalties the whole game and most won't do it...so eventually by the midway point of the game you are getting away with murder almost.

I hate to say it but once you prove you are a good team, the refs start giving you the benefit of the doubt far more often than not. Bills have reached that level of respect now. We see other teams having the questionable calls go against them instead of the way they used to always go against us.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The worst I can remember lately was in the AFCCG against the Chiefs where they were committing illegal contact or DPI versus our WRs almost every play but rarely getting called for it Legion of Boom style...that was their philosophy.  Be rough and handsy with the receivers from the get go and you'll get your flags in the beginning but you are daring the refs to call penalties the whole game and most won't do it...so eventually by the midway point of the game you are getting away with murder almost.

I hate to say it but once you prove you are a good team, the refs start giving you the benefit of the doubt far more often than not. Bills have reached that level of respect now. We see other teams having the questionable calls go against them instead of the way they used to always go against us.

Their entire defense is built on that…the second a hold got called on their secondary in that Super Bowl vs the bucs I knew it was over lol their dbs can hold up in single coverage against receivers they have no business covering because they are so handsy.  An officiating crew that is flag happy would benefit us imo 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Their entire defense is built on that…the second a hold got called on their secondary in that Super Bowl vs the bucs I knew it was over lol their dbs can hold up in single coverage against receivers they have no business covering because they are so handsy.  An officiating crew that is flag happy would benefit us imo 

Well the guy who really gave Diggs fits with that, Ward, is no longer there so that may bode well for him and by extension us.

3 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

We have a crew that calls a lot of holding. Not so much DPI. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.