Please don't have refs play a role on Sunday

Billsfan1972

This is what the NFL has become. A huge game on Sunday and after every play I'll be wondering if a flag will be thrown or not.

QBs will be hit there'll be lots of tight coverage (was that a hold?) in the secondary and the olines will be pressured and the question will be if the refs throw flags or not.

2020 a lot was made as to how handsy the Chiefs secondary was.

Last year I did not notice the refs in either game ( one being a blowout).

After this week's reffing debacles I just don't know what to expect.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Agree 3

7 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

QBs will be hit they'll be lots of holding/tight coverage in the secondary and the  olines will be pressured and the question will be if the refs throw flags or not.

This almost sounds like watching ... a football game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Expect to celebrate or throw a brick at your TV. 

It's today's NFL, every game will have missed and questionable calls.

As a Bills fan you should be well aware of this and have your soul prepared.

Hey I wanted KC to beat LV Monday and the call before half-time was atrocious. Next morning I see the makeup call on the Phantom hold. So I guess somehow I see it as a  make up call.

To me it is what has the NFL become.

50/50 calls are one thing however lately some of these calls are just egregious.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I'll be drunk

A real Nostradamus you are!   😋

There will be bad calls I will complain about, I’m sure. I just hope it’s not the stuff that makes me not want to watch the NFL any more. There were a couple ridiculous roughing the passer calls last weekend that changed the way the game is played and viewed. Don’t change the rules of the game in the middle of a season. There was a crazy overreaction to what happened to Tua. Take it out on Miami, don’t change the way the game is played. 

It’s like when they suddenly couldn’t decide what a catch was after decades of play. Don’t change what’s not broken. 

Edited by Augie

How quickly we forget how the refs looked in a game we won handily. The regular season game last year in KC had refball on full display. 

Numerous bad (and at critical times) penalties throughout the day. Bills finished with 10 penalties 103 yards. Chiefs 7 for 55

This 2 play stretch happened in the 4th Q 

3rd & 9 at BUF 16

(12:13 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Allen right end pushed ob at BUF 26 for 10 yards (J.Thornhill). PENALTY on BUF-M.Morse, Offensive Holding, 8 yards, enforced at BUF 16 - No Play.

3rd & 17 at BUF 8

(11:50 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass deep middle intended for S.Diggs INTERCEPTED by R.Fenton at KC 41. R.Fenton to KC 41 for no gain (S.Diggs). PENALTY on KC-F.Clark, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at BUF 8 - No Play.

The holding on Morse was 100% a phantom call that wiped out a 3rd and 9 conversion. The very next play was a dubious RTP on Chiefs that wiped out an INT. 

I'll agree in the playoff game the refs were a non-factor. 4 penalties total between the 2 teams and I don't remember bad missed calls. 

Bad officiating is nothing new.

Before replays were allowed, missed calls were much more egregious.

At least some of the bad or missed called can be reviewed.

Questionable calls have always been a prat of all sprots and that will most likely continue for the foreseeable future.

Let's hope the bad calls go in our favor.

Crush the F_ _ _ _-N Chiefs!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

How about just throw the flag when they see a rule being broken and don't when there isn't? If a player breaks a rule, they deserve to have a flag thrown on them. Consistency is key, though. The rules need to be officiated consistently from play to play, team to team, game to game, and from crew to crew.

Edited by MJS
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

How quickly we forget how the refs looked in a game we won handily. The regular season game last year in KC had refball on full display. 

Numerous bad (and at critical times) penalties throughout the day. Bills finished with 10 penalties 103 yards. Chiefs 7 for 55

3rd & 9 at BUF 16

(12:13 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Allen right end pushed ob at BUF 26 for 10 yards (J.Thornhill). PENALTY on BUF-M.Morse, Offensive Holding, 8 yards, enforced at BUF 16 - No Play.

3rd & 17 at BUF 8

(11:50 - 4th) (Shotgun) J.Allen pass deep middle intended for S.Diggs INTERCEPTED by R.Fenton at KC 41. R.Fenton to KC 41 for no gain (S.Diggs). PENALTY on KC-F.Clark, Roughing the Passer, 15 yards, enforced at BUF 8 - No Play.

The holding on Morse was 100% a phantom call that wiped out a 3rd and 9 conversion. The very next play was a dubious RTP on Chiefs that wiped out an INT. 

I'll agree in the playoff game the refs were a non-factor. 4 penalties total between the 2 teams and I don't remember bad missed calls. 

You're right I forgot that one however like Monday Tit for Tat and they evened out.  

1 hour ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

3rd & 9 at BUF 16

3rd & 17 at BUF 8

And the Roughing the passer in the Ravens game? That was a gift for the Bills. 

Its just bad officiating at times. No agendas. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

On 10/12/2022 at 7:07 PM, Ethan in Cleveland said:

And the Roughing the passer in the Ravens game? That was a gift for the Bills. 

Its just bad officiating at times. No agendas. 

He got hit after the pass and I still haven't seen an angle that did not appear to show him not hit in the head.   In any case it was a 1st down not a 3rd down play that would have resulted in a field goal try.

Add to that Allen was hit late a number of times that game and that was the 1st call the refs made.

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.