Panthers fire HC Matt Rhule

Draconator

Skip Bayless will have convenient scapegoat to deflect blame from his precious Baker. I find it entertaining they can have a segment on Baker weekly where Skip regurgitates the same facts over and over again. He actually mentioned not being sold on Josh but believes in Baker and that he actually said it this year right around when the season opened makes it all the more laughable. 

Edited by billieve420
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Dude was a disaster. But at least he gets a big payday with his buyout/whatever is left on his contract.

Just now, billieve420 said:

Skip Bayless will have convenient scapegoat to deflect blame from his precious Baker. I find it entertaining they can have a segment on Baker weekly where Skip regurgitates the same facts over and over again. He actually mentioned not being sold on Josh but believes in Baker and that he actually said it this year right around when the season opened. 

Dude is a joke. Even Shannon Sharpe is incredulous.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The panthers were interested in firing him last year, per folks i know. They did not fire him at the end of the year for many reasons - but from what I understood - they did not have a plan of succession. Rhule wanted to be fired in Dec. last year to go get a college gig.

they moved now to get the guy off their pocketbooks and now have a plan to finish the season. they already have a list and hoping to get a defensive target but i haven't heard a name.

from what i heard Rhule wants to take a year off at this point and eager to get back to college.

• Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Draconator said:

What a Surprise.

I'm kinda torn between pity for Baker Mayfield - 5 years in the league, and the only year he got to spend a second season with the same coach and OC he was injured - and the feeling he's been "hoist by his own petard" in lobbying for Kitchens as both OC and head coach his 2nd season.

21 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

they moved now to get the guy off their pocketbooks and now have a plan to finish the season. they already have a list and hoping to get a defensive target but i haven't heard a name.

So what is this plan to finish the season?  One would hope a team wouldn't fire a guy in early October without it.

By the way, Rhule is apparently far from "off the books".  They'll be paying him for 3+ years, apparently.  Shades of Wrecks Ryan.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.