Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

5 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

Do you think that Hurts will ever be an elite QB?

He’s looking pretty elite today. But to your question the jury is definitely still out. Honestly I’m impressed he has been as good as he has been. Didn’t think he would be a good pro. 

5 minutes ago, Floydboy12 said:

He’s looking pretty elite today. But to your question the jury is definitely still out. Honestly I’m impressed he has been as good as he has been. Didn’t think he would be a good pro. 

I know what you mean. I really like the kid as a player and a person. I do however agree that the jury is still out. 

5 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

What should we be taking and doing with our draft picks we have one of the most complete teams in the NFL right now we drafted two corners Last year to go along with Dane and Trey so that’s 

Not a position of need

You keep drafting good players to replace the cap casualties the team is going to lose.

3 hours ago, Floydboy12 said:

With the schedule the Eagles have played, I think a lot of QBs would look pretty good at this point.

The only remotely good teams they've beaten are Minn and Dallas.

Edited by Billz4ever

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

With the schedule the Eagles have played, I think a lot of QBs would look pretty good at this point.

The only remotely good teams they've beaten are Minn and Dallas.

Dallas was with Cooper Rush throwing a billion interceptions too. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

You keep drafting good players to replace the cap casualties the team is going to lose.

Now here's the hard argument. 

This staff is phenomenal at identifying, drafting, and developing secondary talent. In the long run the front office should use that to their advantage and be more apt to let CB and S talent walk, and replace in the draft.

When you think of it in the grand scheme, the area you draft best in is where you want the turnover. 

In a way I'm a little frustrated by Cook's solid performance last night because it muddies the waters on how our RB stable is looking. Trading for a player like Hines or Hunt would make a ton of sense if we think Cook will mostly be a non-factor for the rest of the season. But was his performance last night for real? If so, no need to make any moves at RB. It's an interesting dilemma.

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

In a way I'm a little frustrated by Cook's solid performance last night because it muddies the waters on how our RB stable is looking. Trading for a player like Hines or Hunt would make a ton of sense if we think Cook will mostly be a non-factor for the rest of the season. But was his performance last night for real? If so, no need to make any moves at RB. It's an interesting dilemma.

What I liked about Cook's game last night is that it wasn't one of those things where he had some gaping holes and just burst through them, as any RB should.  He really showed how shifty and creative he can be once he gets the ball in his hands. And he's had a handful of plays prior to last night where the potential was pretty visible.

With the way Singletary is playing and Cook is emerging, I think we could easily stand pat and be fine.  But I trust the Bills' braintrust, and if they make a move, I'll be stoked.

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/30/2022 at 4:01 PM, John from Riverside said:

Very good chance the motor won’t be here next year

I would disagree. He’s an integral part of this team. JA and coaches speak to his work ethic and team approach. He plays in all key situations. I suspect he will be back. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Success said:

With the way Singletary is playing and Cook is emerging, I think we could easily stand pat and be fine. 

I'm leaning this way too now, but I'm hesitant about it because it all hinges on Cook's performance last night and I'm not 100% sold that he is reliable yet. On one hand I want to trust that Cook will become the plus factor we drafted him to be, on the other I want to be safe and get a reliable veteran in the room to fill that role. Man I think I just talked myself back into wanting us to trade for one of them... Let Cook develop from the bench and hand the keys to someone that's been there before. I'm actually more intrigued by Hines than Hunt now that I know he's available.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.