Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

Since Kamara is not free, they need a major game changer to even think about RB. The only guy that seems to be on the market that fits that is Jacobs. I doubt the Raiders will give him away for anything under a 3rd, which is too high a price for a rental. You would have to trade Moss to get back at least a 5th which is a challenge since he never plays. 

Edited by Locomark

On 10/30/2022 at 7:01 PM, John from Riverside said:

Very good chance the motor won’t be here next year

Good chance he will be. What Josh wants, Josh gets and he wants Singletary back. Singletary said after the KC game they were heading back to their cars. Josh stopped hugged him and told him he loved him more than he'll ever know. He ain't going anywhere. Team friendly deal, still either the primary back or spilts time evenly with Cook. 

• Agree 2

19 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Good chance he will be. What Josh wants, Josh gets and he wants Singletary back. Singletary said after the KC game they were heading back to their cars. Josh stopped hugged him and told him he loved him more than he'll ever know. He ain't going anywhere. Team friendly deal, still either the primary back or spilts time evenly with Cook. 

I hope so. But there's ALOT of money that needs to be spent in other places before beane will want to spend at RB. Smart franchises don't give big contracts to RBs. I doubt Singletary will command a large salary but I'd be certain Oliver, edmunds, davis, poyer, and maybe even guys like phillips, bass, lawson, are all probably, on the list of getting paid ahead of motor. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, BeastMode54 said:

Hines? No thanks

Agreed, I don't think he's a great complement to what the Bills already have.  I don't know who might be available in a trade, but to complement what the Bills have, I would think they'd want a guy with the power to move a pile for short yardage to gain a first down.  A little quickness would be nice, as would the ability to catch balls out of the backfield, but power is what they lack.

18 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

I hope so. But there's ALOT of money that needs to be spent in other places before beane will want to spend at RB. Smart franchises don't give big contracts to RBs. I doubt Singletary will command a large salary but I'd be certain Oliver, edmunds, davis, poyer, and maybe even guys like phillips, bass, lawson, are all probably, on the list of getting paid ahead of motor. 

Oliver, Davis and Bass are all on their original contracts next year, so they wouldn't count anymore against the cap. In 2024 the cap goes way up. Diggs, Allen, Miller, Tre & Milano will all restructure their current deals to free up cap space. We'll be just fine. 

4 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

Agreed, I don't think he's a great complement to what the Bills already have.  I don't know who might be available in a trade, but to complement what the Bills have, I would think they'd want a guy with the power to move a pile for short yardage to gain a first down.  A little quickness would be nice, as would the ability to catch balls out of the backfield, but power is what they lack.

I'm actually surprised they don't use Gilliam on some of these short yard situations. 6' 244lbs ran a 4.58 40.🤔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

6 hours ago, Locomark said:

Since Kamara is not free, they need a major game changer to even think about RB. The only guy that seems to be on the market that fits that is Jacobs. I doubt the Raiders will give him away for anything under a 3rd, which is too high a price for a rental. You would have to trade Moss to get back at least a 5th which is a challenge since he never plays. 

Moss is worthless. You are not getting a 5th back for him. 

Motor runs hard.  I really like Motor and Cook.

But this Bills team is built to win the Super Bowl.   What if Motor gets hurt?  
Who is your starter then?  Cook?  Moss?  Taiwan?  Not fair to Josh then.

The Bills are deep everywhere but RB imo 

• Agree 1

6 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

I would disagree. He’s an integral part of this team. JA and coaches speak to his work ethic and team approach. He plays in all key situations. I suspect he will be back. 

Read the tea leaves. They already drafted his replacement in James Cook who is athletically superior and superior in the pass game. 

There have been zero reports of extension talks. 

We aren't spending money on RB, especially not for a limited player like Singletary.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Read the tea leaves. They already drafted his replacement in James Cook who is athletically superior and superior in the pass game. 

We aren't spending money on RB, especially not for a limited player like Singletary.

so your tea leaves say no Motor next year.  So who is starting RB next season?  Are you rolling Cook, Taiwan, and Moss? 

Edited by Pete

6 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Fair enough that the money situation this offseason will be complex.

I think there's a solid chance we get Singletary back. But I'm not sure if he'll give us a team-friendly deal. RBs, more than any other position have to maximize their second contract.

I'm hopeful but not sure.

6 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Oliver, Davis and Bass are all on their original contracts next year, so they wouldn't count anymore against the cap. In 2024 the cap goes way up. Diggs, Allen, Miller, Tre & Milano will all restructure their current deals to free up cap space. We'll be just fine. 

They won't want to re-structure with everyone they can. That's not how Beane operates. He feels pressure to retain some of those "coupons," as Greg Tompsett calls 'em.

It's just that we didn't use all the coupons we had available last year that is the reason we've got some of those this year. And this year, he'll save some for next year. Which is the smart play.

1 hour ago, ArtVandalay said:

Reading the tea leaves is a good analogy. It's a way some people think they can look into the future but those people are deceiving themselves.

We might not. Equally we might.

• Agree 1

8 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I'm leaning this way too now, but I'm hesitant about it because it all hinges on Cook's performance last night and I'm not 100% sold that he is reliable yet. On one hand I want to trust that Cook will become the plus factor we drafted him to be, on the other I want to be safe and get a reliable veteran in the room to fill that role. Man I think I just talked myself back into wanting us to trade for one of them... Let Cook develop from the bench and hand the keys to someone that's been there before. I'm actually more intrigued by Hines than Hunt now that I know he's available.

You lost me at “let Cook develop from the bench”

43 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Fair enough that the money situation this offseason will be complex.

I think there's a solid chance we get Singletary back. But I'm not sure if he'll give us a team-friendly deal. RBs, more than any other position have to maximize their second contract.

I'm hopeful but not sure.

They won't want to re-structure with everyone they can. That's not how Beane operates. He feels pressure to retain some of those "coupons," as Greg Tompsett calls 'em.

It's just that we didn't use all the coupons we had available last year that is the reason we've got some of those this year. And this year, he'll save some for next year. Which is the smart play.

Based on the cap space for next year(already over the cap) he'll be using most if not all of them. Already $7 million over the cap with only 38 players signed and a 1st round picks salary factored in.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2023/

2 hours ago, Pete said:

Duke Johnson 

2 hours ago, ArtVandalay said:

Don't shoot the messanger, but saw something on YouTube sometime during the week after the Chiefs game, I believe from Cover 1, where they were talking about Singletary and they were saying that they expect Singletary to re-sign during the offseason.

Count me amongst those who’ve been hot and cold on Singletary for most of his career but in last year’s playoffs and a good part of this season I’ve seen his skill set used quite effectively. I swear he’s open on virtually every play for a quick check down over the middle if Josh wants to get it to him. I’m not sure why Dorsey went away from him in the second half the other night but the few times they tried to run it Devin was hit three yards in the backfield….obviously not his fault. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

Count me amongst those who’ve been hot and cold on Singletary for most of his career but in last year’s playoffs and a good part of this season I’ve seen his skill set used quite effectively. I swear he’s open on virtually every play for a quick check down over the middle if Josh wants to get it to him. I’m not sure why Dorsey went away from him in the second half the other night but the few times they tried to run it Devin was hit three yards in the backfield….obviously not his fault. 

He went away from him in the 2nd half of the Chiefs game after he got off to a quick start also.

• Like (+1) 1

I have no idea whether Singletary will be resigned after this year.  I do know that there are an unbelievable number of very good running backs who will be on the market next year which will (1) depress the RB market and potentially make resigning Singletary economically feasible and (2) if we don't resign him, we should be able to sign a good back on the cheap to pair with Cook.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Pete said:

If we don’t make a trade, I think Duke would be our lead back if Motor went down.  

29 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Based on the cap space for next year(already over the cap) he'll be using most if not all of them. Already $7 million over the cap with only 38 players signed and a 1st round picks salary factored in.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/cap/2023/

We had 2M cap room to start last offseason.  We signed Von Miller, Daquan Jones, Tim Settle, Jordan Phillips, Shaq Lawson, Saffold, Quessenberry, Crowder, Howard and Mckenzie.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.