Trade Deadline (Nov 1) Bills Rumors / Speculation

Warriorspikes51

1 hour ago, DJB said:

OMG! OMG! OMG!!!!! 

Z Moss might get moved 🤣

People joke about him having no trade value. But he was a 3rd Round pick in 2020 who was considered a value there. Obviously he's not going to field much - but the idea that a highly drafted RB less than 3 years into his career with little to no wear and tear is impossible to be moved is overblown.

These are the kind of "change in scenery" moves that happen every year in the NFL. Wouldn't shock me in the least if a team who liked him in the 2020 Draft threw a 5th or a 6th our way.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

8 hours ago, bobobonators said:

To not use Allen as much? Why in the world would we ever want to do that? Just think about what you’re saying - Allen is arguably the best QB in the NFL. Anyone who takes touches away from him is a downgrade. Our offense will not get better by having Hunt run the ball an extra 5x/game and reducing Allen’s pass attempts. 

This is 100% how are offense will remain elite:

1. Protect Allen

2. Continue flooding Allen with passing options at WR

3. Improve our situational/short yardage run game. 

Motor is good enough for what we do in this offense.  If anything, in the off season we could focus on drafting in rds 3-5 a Brandon Jacobs type bruiser for short yardage.  Hopefully Cook will improve by next season. If not we can further address/assess the situation next season. 

What is so hard to wrap your head around not using designed qb runs on 2nd & 9 at our own 30 like last year???

If you can get a RB like Hunt that can not only run, but catch passes, your spreading the defense thinner.

We can't scheme safeties closer to the line right now. 

It's like saying why hit singles, when you can just hit home runs.... because it's part of the game.

Nobody wants us to hand the ball of 30xs a game!! Nobody!! Not once have I seen anyone pine for that.... but good God it'd be nice to have the option to not throw on 2nd& 2, 3rd& 2.

Can we throw in those situations, yes, proli 75% of the time we can... but you know what would really help Josh out??? Not having 11 dudes on defense playing the pass on every damn down

You act like Barry Sanders career would've suffered if he had a passing game around him lol

Edited by BillsShredder83
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

What is so hard to wrap your head around not using designed qb runs on 2nd & 9 at our own 30 like last year???

If you can get a RB like Hunt that can not only run, but catch passes, your spreading the defense thinner.

It's like saying why hit singles, when you can just hit home runs.... because it's part of the game.

Nobody wants us to hand the ball of 30xs a game!! Nobody!! Not once have I seen anyone pine for that.... but good God it'd be nice to have the option to not throw on 2nd& 2, 3rd& 2.

Can we throw in those situations, yes, proli 75% of the time we can... but you know what would really help Josh out??? Not having 11 dudes on defense playing the pass on every damn down

You act like Barry Sanders career would've suffered if he had a passing game around him lol

Singletary is fine.  He is the same as any non elite back across the league.  2nd and 3 and 3rd and 2 have more to do with the oline than rb. They dont create push or holes when the team knows we are going to run the football.  As long as Josh is young and able to do it, he is going to be part of the run game whether people like it or not.  I dont see anyone asking Lamar Jackson not to run.  This is who Josh is.  Its part of his game. Quick hitting passes have the same effect of bringing the safeties up as runs do.  If they arent coming up its because they would rather get beat all the way down the field and hope we make a mistake then to get beat by a huge chunk.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 4

14 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

There's a few things, imo, wrong here. First you act like Josh and the passing game are struggling or something. It's the top passing offense in the league, led by a QB who is 1st or 2nd in almost every statistical category including 1st in ypg, passing tds per game and just out of 1st in QB Rating and ypa. He's had no problem hitting big plays this year in the passing game and there's been ample opportunity. I would ask does he need additional help, if so, is an average to below average RB the help he needs? I don't think so.

Which brings me to Hunt, who is averaging 4.0 ypc this year behind one of, if not, the best OL in the league. How brutal would his numbers be behind the worst run blocking OL? His receiving stats are just as bad, averaging only 5.8 ypc. Chubb is averaging 5.9 yards per run and 7.4 yards a reception, so you can't blame it on the offense, the line or play calling. At that rate he's a step down from Singletary, not a step up. Singletary averages of 4.5 & 7.4 outpace Hunts while doing it with a far worse line. If healthy, OBJ would have a far bigger impact on this offense.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Do you happen to have any statistics that can support the claim that teams are doing this? 

We can’t scheme safeties closer to the line?  We’re throwing the ball over everyone heads. We’re leading the league in yards passing per game.  What has been hurting us at times this season is the blitz.  The dolphins made some big plays blitzing us.  They gave up yards too….but had the takeaways to make up for it.  Our offense sputtered in the first half vs KC because Josh started 0-8 vs the blitz.  

Every time Josh Allen steps on the field, the opposing defense will be 💯 geared to stop him.  If we had Jonathan Taylor, the opposing defense would be 💯 hearing to stop Josh Allen.  Believe that.

• Like (+1) 1

We joke, but someone could throw a late round pick or a player swap for a Moss type player.

There’s always guys like him that another team has scouted heavily during the draft, loved his tape, and may think he’s just been an odd man out in a pass heavy offense. 

I know I wouldn’t mind the Bills taking flyers on those types for a 6th or 7th if there’s a guy on another team we liked and think he’s just been in a bad situation for his skill set. 

15 hours ago, Buffaloflash said:

This is the incident that made despises obj, and hope never to see him in a Bills's uniform!

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2576465-odell-beckham-jr-allegedly-punched-multiple-bills-players

I forgot all about that, but I remember after reading. I can see why many would hold a grudge, but that was many years ago and I don’t even think we have any players left from that Bills team. Beckham was 22, and I’m sure he has been humbled some since that time. If the current Bills players/staff want him here, I do too. 

15 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I was interpreting this to mean Nov. 15 is the deadline...

Q. What is the time period for free agency signings this year?

A. For restricted free agents, from March 16 to April 22. For unrestricted free agents who have received a tender from their prior club by the Monday immediately following the final day of the NFL Draft for the 2022 league year (i.e., May 2), from March 16 to July 22 (or the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later). For franchise players, from March 16 until the Tuesday following Week 10 of the regular season, November 15. For transition players, from March 16 until July 22. After July 22 and until 4 p.m. ET on the Tuesday following Week 10 of the regular season, November 15, the prior club has exclusive negotiating rights to unrestricted free agents and transition players. If the above-listed players do not sign by November 15, they must sit out the season.

This states that players who are on  the transition tag or franchise tag, I guess they have the ability to sign their deal or whatever until November 15th.

I can't see them not being allowed to add free agents post week 10. If you have an injury to a position that you don't have anymore backups or practice squad players teams have still signed players late in the season. I believe what's interpreted here is if you have a player on one of those two tags, they can hold out till week 10, if they don't sign the tender then they must sit out

4 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

@NewEra, he was Breece before Breece😎

🤣 You liked Montgomery like you liked Breece Hall?  

i liked him too, but I saw him similar to Fred Jackson in skill set.  

If you want a game breaking RB that’s a threat to take it to the house, Montgomery is not that.  

• Agree 1

All this talk about a running back trade is kinda like the rich guy who's just bored of what he already has and feels the need to buy a new OLED for his basement, a room where he only stores boxes.

Singletary is honestly playing very well and continues to improve. Gamebreaker? no; getting the job done, protecting the ball, and getting better? absolutely. Meanwhile he's providing that all on a cheap 3rd round rookie contract, allowing money to spent everywhere (ahem, Josh Allen) The FO knows what a bargain he is, and how that helps the rest of the team.

Unless some other guy comes up by chance for a super bargain (low round pick, AND cheap), I just don't see it anytime in the near future. I'd be more inclined to see future draft picks spent on RBs.

And let's not forget that we've got an unproven Cook sitting back there. Honestly speaking, none of us fans have any clue what he brings to the table at this point. Maybe he'll get set loose at the end of the season!

Edited by CheshireCT
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.